Hondo's Bar

Concert/Band Information

JunkerSeed

Don't know a lot of the names there, but I would most certainly be on board for:

* Sigur Rós

* Cat Power

* Bonnaroo Late Night Chat About with David Cross

* Rilo Kiley

* Ladytron

* Janeane Garofalo

* Zach Galifianakis

* Jim Norton

* Brian Posehn

Did... did anyone like my Tori pics???

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt see Tori, but...

Hoping to get tickets for this on Monday:

awesometour082.jpg

Wed Apr 30 - The Parish - Austin, TX

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C004037...p;minorcatid=51

Edit- It's kind of like a concert. There will be music silliness! for sure.

haha, chief needs to see this.

so yeah, Sen is gonna see Radiohead soon enough with LL, and i think she's going with her brother to see Fall of Troy like a week later.

Hmm, warped tour is a toss up for me; here's my breakdown

Against Me! Their new album is trash, but they're a phenomenal live band

Bouncing souls - old fav of mine, also great live

Dilinger escape plan - why the fuck not; they're fun

MC Chris - !!?!??? That's a hell of a surprise. I wonder how he is live; might be the selling point for me just out of curiosity

Reel Big Fish - They are way better than they have any right to be, and kicked ass when i saw em at warped tour a while ago

Rise Against - They could be a lot worse.

There's a lot of fucking bullshit in there tho. Most of the other bands I've heard of on there I fucking despise. The thought of hearing angels and airwaves, reliant K, Norma jean, anberlin, or as I lay dying even at a distance is a real deterrant for me.

Bonnaroo - damn, thats big even for this kind of thing. Here's the bands I'm looking forward to that aren't the rediculous, huge ones:

Sigur ros

Cat power - Now that she's off the smack, she can play for more than 5 minutes at a time without walking off stage, I'm looking forward to seeing that!

M.I.A. - I'm damned near tempted to go to fucking tennessee to check her out on a huge stage. MIA rules

Broken Social Scene - I keep forgetting they're still a band, these guys are amazing.

Rilo Kiley - I'm a moderate fan of theirs but they were really great when I saw em live

MSTRKRFT - One of the better electro-remix groups in recent memory

Mastodon - One of the better live bands I've ever seen. A must for prog metal heads!

Against me! - Just dont play anything off the shitty new album!

Aimee Mann - !!!! Dammit, another reason to actually consider the possibility of going to this

Ladytron - Electro pop is fun stuff

Battles - more good electronic stuff. Maybe there's a big rave tent or something

The Coup - I like my rap how I like my women; socially conscious!

lots of hipster indie stuff playing... how are all these sensitive nerdy bands gonna play for so many people? Can 10,000 people do the indie hand clap at the same time?

Kids in the hall is coming here but it's fucking 45 dollars. That's a shitload of money but I'd love to see what the hell they do live. I'm assuming lots of improv.

Also looking forward to dream theater and fucking DethKlock is coming! That show is very funny, but their/his album is totally legit. It sounds great and it's the heaviest shit in the world.

Oh yeah, speaking of heavy shit, also going to see Hardcore band The Converge with keyboard heavy death metal band Genghis Tr0n. That should be intense.

• 1 month later...

South Florida:

06/02/08 Nada Surf

STUDIO A

06/11/08 Pearl Jam

Cruzan Amphitheatre

06/13/08 The Cure

BankAtlantic Center

06/23/08 Modest Mouse

Fillmore Miami Beach

06/27/08 Toby Keith

Cruzan Amphitheatre

06/28/08 So. Fla Summerfest: '08 ft. Akon, L'il Wayne, Keyshia Cole & More

BankAtlantic Center

• 2 months later...

I'm quite music ignorant compared to you guys, I haven't heard of your 1st two, but I love Ani.

In fact, most of the bands I selected I have no idea what they sound like. For me, that's a great deal of the fun in going.

holy shit, Rage, NIN, barkley, radiohead, go team...nice lineup yahven, enjoy man!

i opted again for Rock the Bells this year, gonna be some great old-school between Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Pharcyde and returning performances from half of Wu, Nas, Mos and company, cant wait.

ok, so Rock the Bells was again awesome.

came in late this time, sadly missed Immortal Technique but my timing was otherwise good - De La Soul took the stage right after we got in, and when talking about native tongue gropus, they brought out Black Sheep outta nowhere! shit was cool, "This or that" (engine, engine, number 9) got the crowd going.

Pharcyde i was expecting a fun show out of, but they turned out even better than i thought live. They did most of their classics, some new shit, and by the end you wished they'dve stayed longer. Mos Def musta got the memo last year, cause he had a shorter set and did about half of "black on both sides" so it was a much stronger performance this year.

Rae & Ghost mostly did their classics, Meth & Red tore it up and covered about every song you could want to hear - its my 3rd time seeing them and theyre still a great show live. Best news was meth said they'll have Blackout 2 out this year, cant wait for that.

Nas did his usual - half of illmatic, half of everything past that, but i didnt even know his new album was out, so hearing a few tracks off of that really sealed the deal for picking that one up. He said it was #1 on the charts this week, pretty impressive for what sounded like mostly conscious shit of his. Honestly, if shit like this didnt come out from time to time i think id quit listening to new shit from the genre sometimes.

Tribe Called Quest were amazing, i was worried they woudlnt carry over very well since their sound's so laid back (for instance, Kweli last year came off a bit forced) but it really worked. They mostly did their best shit off of Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders (my favorite), i was losing my voice at that point. everybody was either high or passing out from the heat of the long day, so kids were starting to leave during tribe's shit, which i completely didnt get, but i guess they're not as big a name as Nas to be fair. Still, i got what i came for seeing them live. Just made me sad they didnt say shit afterwords about a forthcoming album ( :werewolf: )

another great show, if MF Doom and/or The Roots make it next year, ill try to go again, see if i can get more people to come with me & sen. anyway, last i heard from yahven, he was watching Rage at Lolapalooza, so he should have some impressions soon as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...