Hondo's Bar

Concert/Band Information

JunkerSeed

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna try this again, gotta call Duadoman to see if he's down but i wanted to see if any other locals might be...

The Roots (Special Guests: Common and Jean Grae)

Revolution, Ft Lauderdale, FL

Tue, May 16, 2006 08:00 PM

$22 here

Black Thought, ?uestlove and the lot put on an awesome show live from what ive seen, Common being there really seals the deal. I hear its pretty crazy there at Revolution, I (sadly) missed Wu-Tang there in March and there was anywhere from 1-2,000 heads, said one exxagerated report. Anyway, again, this is a rap band that's made for live shows, so it should be awesome. Lemme knwo if anyone else is down.

• 1 month later...

my oxegen ticket is being sold on e-bay, 2 days left and its over 300 euro....

im well chuffed....

i find the oxegen lineup this year isnt nothing on last year, theres only a few bands id be bothered to go see, ie primal scream, the strokes, sigur ros and possibly placebo (but im not pushed after listening to meds)

i still can't wait though, gonna air out me little tent and everything. My sis is taggin along.

Is that ticket for the weekend camping pass? her boyf is looking for one

although the sunday line up is more appealing to me than saturday. lets hope the weather holds up and it won't be a wash out

Edited by Nanno

The Who

The Strokes

Arctic Monkeys

James Brown

Richard Ashcroft

Primal Scream

Editors

Eels

The Magic Numbers

The Go! Team

Hard Fi

Damien Dempsey

Animal Collective

Emm Gryner

Gomez

Felix Da Housecat

Erick Morrilo

Dave Clarke

Jon Carter

Vitalic

Justin Robertson

David Guetta

Jon Averill

Headman

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Kaiser Chiefs

Paul Weller

Franz Ferdinand

Bellx1

Pharrell Williams

Sigur Ros

Manu Chao

Goldfrapp

Placebo

Damian "Jr.Gong" Marley

Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

The Kooks

Dirty Pretty Things

The Divine Comedy

The Weepies

Hmm...300 clams for that...Jesus there's a reek of desperation in the green green grass of home. Kinda like the same smell when Bryan Adams, Mel C and Moby played Slane Castle. The Who and Paul Weller might've made the list if they hadn't have I guess, jumped the shark (kiddie p*rn and the style council foreva). I just hope alot of people are just going to get shit-faced and have unprotected sex with girls named Jacinta for a few days.

We will over-cooooomee

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta call up Ario X and Electric Duadoman, see who's down for this:

Wu-Tang Clan

Fri, 08/25/06

07:00 PM

Revolution

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Advance Sale: $34

Its a bit much for a show i hear wasnt the best last time, but im hopeful, and im still regretful i didnt catch them with ODB.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MUSE!!!!

09-19-06_2229.jpg

This was during "Knights of Cydonia" and the lyrics:

"No one's gonna take me alive

The time has come to make things right

You and I must fight for our rights

You and I must fight to survive"

were going across the screen.

09-19-06_2216.jpg

I love the colour this picture turned out black, red, and white... but I don't think you can see any of the guys in it.

09-19-06_2212.jpg

ooooh Rainbow Muse!!

09-19-06_2210.jpg

these arent all the pictures... just the ones worth posting :blink:

setlist for anyone that cares... or just for purposes of me knowing and not having to look it up all the time.

Take a Bow

Hysteria

Assassin

New Born

Map of the Problematique

Forced In

Bliss

Starlight

Plug In Baby

Time Is Running Out

Super Massive Blackhole

Stockholm Syndrome

Apocolypse Please

Soldier's Poem

Knights of Cydonia

(we got the setlist from the muse forum because we were too sweaty and the ink wouldn't write on dowe's arm :( hah and we are too stupid to remember it? )

The mosh pit was crazier than any I've ever been in... Muse fans are fucking crazy but it was so awesome! There were people like pushing their way out because they couldn't take it. hah I was instigating shit by pushing people and grabbing asses and blaming it on dowe... hehe

When Muse came on I think we all just melted into one and by the end we were all covered from head to toe in sweat. It was great.

heh i just copied what i wrote about it earlier... so sorry if you read this somewhere else.

Edited by pictureofdorian

• 2 weeks later...

haha...nice, even if i dont know em.

Method Man!

Wed, 10/25/06 07:00 PM

Revolution Ft Lauderdale, FL

US $21.00 - US $26.00

Not sure i can pull it off, god knows i missed Wu twice now ( :sad: ) but id love to show love, if even just for this...

After releasing albums via major labels for well over a decade, Method Man has since himself gone from a priority to an act fighting for his company's support. In fact, independence is looking pretty good to Mef these days.

"The indie route is the best route right now, all you need is distribution. You don't necessarily need the record companies anymore," Mef told SOHH.com. "That's why I root for the underdog. I'd love to see more independents doing shit, for the simple fact that I'm tired of getting raped."

He may be turned off by majors, but Mef isn't part of the "hip-hop is dead" bandwagon like most veteran artists. He just thinks some key emcees aren't given a voice.

"What do I think of the state of NY hip-hop? Well NY hip-hop, I mean it's still here just the right motherfuckers just ain't being heard, and like I said, the media is playing a big part in that, cause they poppin all that shit like we ain't significant anymore, but a lot of it has to do with the music," he explained. "There's this new production going on now and It's like either you get with it or get lost. It's like NY always had its own sound and shit, you know niggas is stubborn, 'we ain't trying to do that, let them do that, that's they thing, we ain't trying to do what they do, that's they thing, let them do that, we gonna do us.' It all comes back around though, they gonna want the grimy shit again."

We do. We really do.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to share this picture I took WITH MY PHONE.

CC1.jpg

Isn't that crazy! I mean it's not the best quality, but for phone time picture fun I think it's pretty damn sweet! haha.

Combichrist and KMFDM were pretty AWESOME last night. And.... Combichrist really rocked the fuckin' place. I haven't been to a show in so long that I almost forgot the fun in it! It also helps that I can get drinks now haaa.

Also - As we were leaving, our friend Christian got mistaken for Andy. A guy walked up and kept congratulating him on a great set and show and it was pretty awesome haha.

Here's an upcoming show for ya.

Saturday, Nov 4th @ Kaffe Krystal (sw 107th ave and Sunset Dr.)

THE INDEPENDENTS

THE COFFIN CADDIES

BRAND NAME PUNK

...and Rictor's own SPACE STATION 5!

also: Breaking-Thru, The Mutiny, Jupiter Uprising, Domination, 200 Proof, Ozium, Grumpy Marthas, Three Beef Burritos and Fugitive

It's 10 bux at the door, or contact me for $8 pre-sale tix.

and then....

November, 25 2006 at The Roxy

1645 sw 107th ave, miami, Florida 33179

Cost: 8/ 10 @ door (sontact me for $8 pre-sale tix!)

Stars are falling & Sunday Driver, SPACE STATION 5, Handgun Romance, The Paper Tragedy, Brand Name Punk, The Morning lost, Heartcry, the attack, zentrofuge, before the grave,Spin Light City, Jane Doe, Empty Wallet, Breaking Thru, The Winter Room, Arme Violetta, Explosivo.

I'd really appreciate if anyone came out and supported my band and Miami's local music scene in general. Thanx.

-Rictor