Hondo's Bar

Concert/Band Information

JunkerSeed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to see the stereophonics last saturday night and they were absolutely brilliant (surprise surprise). They even played my too fav songs, "hurry up and wait", then "not up to me not up to you". almost climaxed when this happened, the NEVER played both those songs together and it was just class.

Apart from that they played alot of their new stuff, they opened with "superman" and closed with "dakota", with a few golden oldies thrown in!!

Bought a new t shirt to add to my collection too!

steriophonics.jpg

He's soooooo dreamy :love::yup:

• 2 weeks later...
our next concert is the prodigy (again) and then oasis! can't wait

in the mean time we are going to try and see des bishop

Hey honey, you don't have to come to prodigy if you don't want! Even though its the weekend of my birthday!! :)

Anyway,

New dates to add to our Winter Schedule

Des Bishop 23/10

Prodigy 17/11

Oasis 20/12

Foo Fighters 21/12

So its gonna be rocking!!

hey if you guys still wanna go... i have tickets ... because of some events and not wanting to get myself in a weird situation... im selling them  :???: but they are $55 each and really fucking kickass seats... so if you guys want to go or know anyone that does.. help me :misty:

Wait! Are you not going at all?!

I may really really consider this. Only if you feel comfortable selling them to us.. and you are CERTAIN you don't want to go.

Keep us in mind! I'll get back to you on it..

Wait! Are you not going at all?!

I may really really consider this. Only if you feel comfortable selling them to us.. and you are CERTAIN you don't want to go.

Keep us in mind! I'll get back to you on it..

oh i really just dont want to go now... i mean id love to see them again but i just dont want to be there... in light of the whole crazy ex and such... i dont want him to be there and just happen to find me because he knows where the seats are... but i really am looking to sell them and im certain that i dont want to go! and i totally feel comfortable selling them to you guys!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm psyched about a music filled weekend in beantown.

BRUCE-SPRINGSTEEN-COLOUR.jpg

If you're not going to see The Boss Bruce Springsteen at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston this weekend, that doesn't mean you should fall asleep on the couch.

Local blueswoman-made-good Susan Tedeschi is an option to consider seriously. She returns home to play the Orpheum Theatre tonight -- and that hallowed hall should be rocking.

Tomorrow, the high-energy show is Big D & the Kids Table with the Street Dogs at Avalon, though not to be overlooked is the hard-rocking Lost City Angels at the Middle East Upstairs that same night. Jam-rock cult god Steve Kimock brings his band into the Paradise tomorrow, while rapper Mr. Lif gets busy with a solo show at Harpers Ferry. Winston Marsalis rips it up at the Blues club.

• 5 weeks later...

*The following is HB opinions about said artists Metallic, Rolling Stones, and Paul Mcartney. If at anytime anything I say about these artists differ from your opinion, please feel free to respond in kind. Thank you*

So the last couple of weeks I saw The Rolling Stones and Metallica perofrm which was AWESOME. It was at SBC park over the bay on a nigh with a full moon and it was absolutely GORGEOUS.. And I got to fufill one of my dreams by seeing the Stone's perform live! I always wanted to see Metallica too.. and my friend is in the Military in North Carolina right now and he loves metallica so I held up my cell and he got to hear the whole thing which was cool.

The next day I saw Paul Mcartney with my folks which was a good show.. we got our $ worth, it was about a 2 1/2 hr show with 3 encores!

Hey honey, you don't have to come to prodigy if you don't want! Even though its the weekend of my birthday!!  :tulip:

Anyway,

New dates to add to our Winter Schedule

Des Bishop 23/10

Prodigy 17/11

Oasis 20/12

Foo Fighters 21/12

So its gonna be rocking!!

You know i enjoyed it until what happened at the end

Where's Jan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

COMBICHRIST.

webbanner2.jpg

CombichristLogo.jpg

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

MYSPACE

A friend introduced me to this band/group yesterday, and fuck. Very rarely do I hear a band and instantly love the shit out of it. Usually it takes me at least 2-5 listens through a cd to even begin to enjoy the music fully, but when he put on "Everybody Hates You" (Their 20005 album) I just fell in fucking industrial love with these guys.

The beats are smooth as fuck, and quite groove-worthy. I try to listen to other music when the Cd ends, but I end up starting it back up again! It really makes me want to get out of the house and just see these guys live in a club or something.

s640x480.jpg

phoenix.jpg

421397236439ef0a64a703.jpg

From http://www.musicfolio.com/modernrock/combichrist.html:

CombiChrist is the new electro/industrial side project from Icon of Coil vocalist Andy LaPlegua. It presents very hard edged EBM/industrial in the vein of other top Out Of Line acts such as Dulce Liquido, Hocico, and Soman. Pummeling dancefloor grooves and distorted beats combine with scathing vocals and electro arrangements to produce a full-tilt dancefloor onslaught.

177881933439ef1939604d.jpg

london13.jpg

london17.jpg

From http://www.dragoncon.org/people/combic.html:

Combichrist was conceived in summer 03 by Norwegian Icon of Coil front man, Andy LaPlegua. "The Joy Of Gunz," released on Out of Line Records, brought noisy dance-floor grooves and distorted beats, combined with scathing vocals and electro arrangements to produce a full-tilt dance-floor onslaught. By fall 03, the limited print Halloween special, " Kiss the Blade" sold out in days, paving way for a fervent fan-base known as the Combichrist Army. Combichrist took their army throughout Germany, the Netherlands, UK, Spain, Italy and USA; and such festivals as WGT, Summer Darkness, and Infest; becoming known for their strong live act; full of energy, blood, and a contagious rock n roll attitude. This infectious realm of Combichrist saw continued success with the fall 04 release of "Sex, Drogen Und Industrial;" topping the German Alternative Charts at number one for seven weeks. With the release, the term "Techno Body Music" was coined, for this new form of pure, unrestricted musical energy, combining the straight rhythm of Techno with the brute force of EBM. The first two tracks, Blut Royale and Tractor, were also released on limited white vinyl, via Bractune Records in the USA. Most recently, "Everybody Hates You", was released in February 05 on Out of Line records (Eu), and March 05 on Metropolis Records (USA). It has stayed in the top 10 best selling list, on Metropolis-Records, from March until now. Currently, Combichrist is continuing the journey through Techno Body Music with plenty of sex, violence, and soul consuming madness.

live028.jpg

live010.jpg

live005.jpg

0158mera.jpg

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combichrist:

Combichrist is a Norwegian industrial music group, albeit currently situated in the United States.

In 2003 Andy LaPlegua from Icon of Coil wrote a few power noise/techno cross over tracks under the name of DRIVE. This was later changed to Combichrist when the debut album, The Joy of Gunz was set to be released on Out Of Line. The follow up EPs and the clamour for live shows sent Combichrist out on the road where they would become known for strong and energetic performances.

The second EP, Sex, Drogen und Industrial, spent 7 weeks at number one in the DAC charts.

A little know fact is that the name Combichrist originates from a hardcore fanzine LaPlegua made during the late 90s, with JR Ewing guitarist Håkon Mella.

ccmera01.jpg

combichrist_glis_on_stage02.jpg

ccmera03.jpg

ccmera02.jpg

webbanner1.jpg