Hondo's Bar

Favourite Movie Posters

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so they are making the spock and kirk academy days movie?

That is the scoop I believe. I think if they are gonna pursue this angle, they SHOULD have William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy reprise their roles as Kirk and Spock, and the movie could be a flashback of their earlier days. Or at least Leonard Nimoy, since Kirk is already dead after ST: Generations, but the movie could easily take place just before that point in time so both can be in it.

Serenity had a lousy poster. Truly lousy.

so they are making the spock and kirk academy days movie?

That's the one. Alias/M:I-III helmer JJ Adams is heading up the flick. Early word is Matt Damon's a contender for Kirk, but that seems a little far-fetched to me.

I just didn't think it represented the film well at all. It just seemed like a token hot-chick-with-a-gun poster. The pose and look completely clashes with River's character - hell, she only even held a gun twice in the movie and never fired. And Nathan Fillion's just floating in the background. How can you have a movie about 9 principle characters (well to be fair, in the movie only 7 of them were principle) but only show two on the poster? If ever there was a movie that deserved a big, multiple character, Drew Struzan style montage or a series of posters that each featured a character, it was Serenity.

That said, for what it is it's a fairly good looking poster. I have it hanging on my wall, but I consider it there supporting the movie, not the design itself. It's ok taken on its own merits, I just think the movie deserved much better.

Edited by Silent Bob

The last one's real but it was never released as a theatrical poster, as far as I know. It's just for promotions and merchandise. I always did like the international version better. More characters, and if they really felt the need to show a bad-ass River at last they showed her as the graceful hand-to-hand fighter she turned out to be instead of trying to sell her as Ripley-lite.