Hondo's Bar

Kill Bill: The Poll

Kill Bill  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

kill_bill_c_10.jpg

So, it seems part 2 isnt as well liked by the majority of people im hearin from lately...dont get me wrong, the action in part 1 was intense, but 2 delivered the plot and dialogue i wanted from Tarentino.

I acknowledge the scenes editing couldve dealt with (LL pointed out that South American drug dealer visit towars the end, felt arbitrary) but pound for pound, i though it a superior movie: the training was classic kung-fu, and the dialouge with Bill at the end was the moneyshot for me.

What do you think?

That was a cool scene.

Not unlike Lone Wolf and other various samurai films ive seen before that Tarentino took inspiration from (im still trying to see Lady Snowblood). Personally, i watch Tarentino flicks for what he brings that others dont, and that's the stuff he did in part 2.

Seriously, youre giving it to 1 just for that fight scene? I mean, it was good, and i wanna re-watch it now, but 1 better've had more than that for you guys.

I just love that whole scene, from start to finish... right from when Charlie Brown, takes them upstairs and Tarantino's camera follows the characters around in a montage of shots to that unforgettable riff of Woo Hoo Hoo by the 5678's.

Fuckin' balls.

I also love the anime splice with the backstory of Lucy Liu's character leading up to the fight at the end.

speaking of which... Did you like Natural Born Killers?, great Tarantino writing in that one, I would say for me though, storywise, I gotta go with Jackie Brown being better plotwise than KB Vol.2

Edited by MusicManiac

i didnt dig Natural Born Killers as much...i saw the social commentary and such, just too over the top at parts, didnt feel as subtle as id hoped for i guess.

Jackie Brown's all kinds of underated, but...seriously? I guess i was the only one who thought Caridine made that movie for me. The superman rant, the whole conversation, even the finale, i just dug the fuck out of it.

If you like his other writings tho, i imagine you mustve seen True Romance, the one with every-fucking-body in it. If you havent, do so soon.

I'm gonna say what I've said on the Knoll countless times.

Lucy Liu, Daryl Hannah, and Vivica A. Fox BAD actors

Gordon Lieu, John Carradine, and Michael Madsen GOOD actors

Kill Bill Volume 1 just seemed like a lot of wasted potential in my eyes, and during the Crazy 88 fight scene I got to checking my watch and thinking "when the fuck is this thing gonna end?"

I mean the Volume 1 was action packed and fast paced and exciting, Volume 2 actually seemed like Quentin Tarantino was the one directing. I laughed through most of Volume 1, the badass lines just came across as cheesy.

These are NOT exact as I'm doing them from memory:

"Alright, nows let's get the rest of these piggies wiggling"

"You may go, but any body parts leave them, they are mine now!"

shit like that and the fact that all the Japanese people shot geysers when they bled but ONLY the Japanese people, it just wasnt as good as I'd hoped and maybe I'd had my expectations lowered after the first one which was why I liked the second one so well. (I watched them both in one night)

Edited by Iambaytor

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now!

Come on that's a classic line, the whole movie was cheese, that's the point, cheese melted on death-toast.

Kill Bill, the second lost way too much momentum for me, the dialogue wasn't up to Tarantino's admittedly high standards, the one thing I do admire for it was the brevity of the actual final encounter, a four hour movie that climaxes in a ten second encounter.

Then it almost kills the whole series with two words, well one word and an acronym, fuck it.

AKA Mommy

Well, let's be fair, it wasn't mindless, it was just excessive violence with underdeveloped substantive plot or characters. The movie was cut so as to be half a movie plot/character-wise, but a whole movie in the guilty satisfaction dimension. After all, the second one is only satisfing if you saw the first one. I haven't bought the movies on DVD because I'm holding out (forever it seems) for The Whole Bloody Affair, cause I think it works better as a whole piece.

I have qualms over both. Vol 1 pissed me off when they reveal at the very end, in a cliffhanger move, that her daughter was still alive. I don't think it was necessary to make vol 1 a cliffhanger. People were going to see the second one regardless. Plus, I think the impact would have been better if you find out that her daughter is alive in vol two at the same time that she does. Acutally, if that would have happened, I probably would have liked vol 2 better than vol 1 but knowing that her daughter was still alive kind of made vol 2 more anticlimactic to me. That's just me being nit picky though. Really, for me, i just dug the hell out of beatrix kiddo and her revenge bender. i think i'll have to rewatch them back to back to finally decide which i liked better but for now vol 1 has a slight edge over vol2 for me.

Yeah, I think Carridine is a sub par actor... for me anyway, so, yeah, I think that role could have been cast with a m,uch better actor in that role.

As far as True Romance, great script, movie and underappreciated I think in terms of style and caliber for Classic Quentin.

BILL: He taught you the five-point-palm exploding heart technique?

THE BRIDE: Of course he did.

BILL: Why didn't you tell me?

THE BRIDE: I don't know... Because... I'm a... bad person.

BILL: No. You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person. But every once in awhile...you can be a real cunt.