Hondo's Bar

Reggaeton Poll

Reggaeton Poll  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a pretty interestin poll, cause our forum's not the best sample of mainstream america or otherwise; this question came up at a recent party and no one responded well to it, espeically the cuban members.

Even with the minimal spanish skills i have, this shit sounds crappy. i know its weak to judge an entire genre like that, and that pitbull "mentirosa" or whatever song wasnt bad, but i just cant actually see me downloading a daddy yankee or whoever album.

i know its weak to judge an entire genre like that, and that pitbull "mentirosa" or whatever song wasnt bad,

Only cuz you think that song is about me! I AM NOT A MENTIROSA (liar)!!!! :)

Reggaeton is my life! Everytime I hear those beats, I just... I JUST, I JUST WANNA...., I JUST WANNA DANCE!!!

In truth, I dislike this music and you'll only catch me dancing to this after I've gotten a couple of drinks in me and I'm prolly out with the girls. Yeah Yeah Yeah, girls wanna dance when a bit tipsy. It's true. I am the guilty.

Otherwise, this is crap. I only actually like two-three songs that ain't too bad though...

its the modern equivalent of what's now called "freesytle" from the 80's or so: its shit, but it originated outta here, so were gonna take credit for ths shit and milk it for what its worth, sadly. And like Senshik illustrated: chicks will dance to anything.

my favorite shit is when the club plays some shit like "bitches aint shit" and a few grrls always go "ooh this is my jam!" and start dancin.

i know its weak to judge an entire genre like that, and that pitbull "mentirosa" or whatever song wasnt bad, but i just cant actually see me downloading a daddy yankee or whoever album.

Well, Pitbull isn't really considered Reggaeton! He's Hip-Hop if you care to believe it or not!

Reggaeton, to me, is like a fungus. It will grow on you...I used to hate it & I would change the station everytime it came on...then, the songs got stuck in my head...then a few drunken nights at the club...and well, the fuckin' shit somehow ends up playing in my car alot...

Given the choice, I'd listen to anything beforehand...but when I am at a club, a few drinks in me, a drink in hand...I dance like I am on fuckin' Star Search or something...

I like Residente Calle 13, personally, in fact I am listening to it right now...

Reggaeton, to me, is like a fungus. It will grow on you...I used to hate it & I would change the station everytime it came on...then, the songs got stuck in my head...then a few drunken nights at the club...and well, the fuckin' shit somehow ends up playing in my car alot...

yeah, that's how it works, though, right? - clear channel radio strategy, i swear. Churn out radio-safe music, loop to death till those of us who didnt like it are so oversaturated that the song becomes more familiar than the sounds of traffic going by (think of usher a few years back), then youre at the club and hear the exact same shit (not as much clear channel's fault, cause motherfuckers dont wanna hear new shit at the club, apparently), and between that and the liqour, songs like laffy taffy apparently become tolerable.

Next thing you know, youre enjoyin it.

You dont want to like "DAME SOMETHING SOMETHING GASOLINA (SKEEET SKEET SKEET)" but by god you will eventually.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived