Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

So lately my gaming time has been dedicated to exploring vr content(as mentioned elsewhere I bought in on the Morpheus/PSVR). 

It's a very mixed bag and I'm finding frame rate and movement drastically affect the common complaint of motion sickness. I can spend days playing thumper though.  I've been keen on picking it up since it's switch release but I'm so glad I waited because holy shit that game is amazing in vr.  

Another phenomenal title is super hot.  It's a unique concept and mechanic(and one that if you play long enough messes with your real world perception- like when I went through my katamari phase and would start balling the dinner setting up while waiting for my meal) and I can't recommend even the non vr version enough.  The vr version is genuinely next level though.  

Likewise with doom vfr,  it looks great and plays just as well as the regular release,  after you get used to the teleporting mechanic over traditional movement. 

I've played some town building Sims too(shout out to Dino frontier for being the best among them)  but given all the extra environmental stuff needing to be rendered they're understandably short.  I'm starting to see tower defense and rogue likes pop up on the store too which makes me happy. The store does it's part by doing regular sales and specials too.  

Ultimately I've bought in because just like the old single issue vs trades dilemma in comics,  I want to see the tech evolved and explored rather than just waiting another ten years for someone to take another crack.

• 1 month later...

Just finished Donut County. A cute little Katamari-esque game, but instead of rolling a bunch of stuff up you are a raccoon swallowing objects with a hole in the ground. Its really funny too with a lot of fun characters. Worth the 13 bucks I paid for it. Hoping a sequel gets made!

• Like 1

Wrapped up 'The Way: Remastered' on Switch.  2 bucks on E Shop.

Required purchase if you like stuff like 'Another World' and 'Flashback'.  It's about a dude who's wife dies and he embarks on a quest to bring her back to life.  2 dollahs...pretty good stuff.  Sum cheap-ass puzzles...HAD to google - but 90% - solid.

tumblr_pfpepdcZ2H1qi8mo0_540.jpg

tumblr_pfpenmA1c41qi8mo0_540.jpg

Also - I'm a super-badass...I have a medal to prove it.

tumblr_pfpef46kH41qi8mo0_540.jpg

^ That's Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.  I JUST did that.

There is no way in hell - I can do all that leveling and grinding and Skulltula hunting AGAIN...on Switch.  I'm good.

• Upvote 1