Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It will return to it's full glory soon enough.

I'm coming around to it. Like Fallout, I'm less interested in the main story and more so in the sidequests. Some great plot twists thrown in there that give the choices you make have real heft.

Decided to give Wildstar a go since it's about to go F2P. It's super fun actually. The most accessible MMO I've played in awhile and I love the art style. So far nothing is revolutionary, but the mechanics are solid as hell. Worth a try if you want to give a new MMO a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Been replaying FF7 because of hype. I'm trying to vision certain moments in my head all prettied up and I just keep going back to how weird the actual game is. I can only imagine it as a goofy Bayonetta-esque romp now and that actually makes me very happy.

Also been playing Ori and the Blind Forest, a fantastic Metroidvania.

11:00 in and the juicy gameplay happens

Also got Arkham Knight. Was having a blast until I got stopped by an infuriating "game still installing" message when trying to activate a mission.

I got that one launch day on X1, it had some quick resume glitch that pissed me off and it's been on the backlog ever since. Stupid reason, but there's just been too many good games coming out lately. Any slight gets you bumped.

If the last few months have been this good, November is gonna kick my ass so hard...

I keep forgetting Fallout 4 is a mere 6 months away. Remembering is such a grand feeling.

Any slight gets you bumped.

I cant begin to name the games that I've bought with the thought of perseverance. "This is it, I'm gonna play this beginning to end, I can't wait."

Dragon Age: Inquisition has not been touched in months.

The Witcher 3 has fallen to the wayside after my NM trip.

And then my Steam library is constantly laughing at me. Laughing and calling me stupid.

Arkham Knight's gonna be the one though, I can feel it.

Edited by Axels

yeah? it struck me as odd, given how the maps usually are...like, jumping off a roof & gliding, that's instant. getting in a car, navigating it about...just seemed like it'd be clunky in comparison, glad to hear that's not the case

*edit okay that looked cool

AK8-2.gif

Downloaded Planetside 2 not expecting much from it. I hadn't heard too much about it, other than it got some good reviews despite F2P... I spent a good 2 hours on it last night before bed and it's pretty damn fun.

It was 2 hours spent in the same battle. against god knows how many other players. It was especially cool to see the fighting from far away and players dogfighting in ships above the battlefield. I'm looking forward to playing a bit more.

*edit okay that looked cool

AK8-2.gif

^After playing alot more I will say that the batmobile stuff does get a bit overdone near the end, but there's plenty to do to break it up and still not a big hinderance. I really dug the way it's used in Riddler's missions.

I completed the main campaign missions and I gotta say it's one hell of a story. Nothing super groundbreaking, but it's all done so well.

Edited by Axels

• 4 weeks later...

Game jumping like a madman as usual. Here's what Ive been up to for the past couple of weeks.

Deadly Premonition- I love it so far. Very unique, and is basically Twin Peaks: The Game if directed by Tommy Wiseau.

Bayonetta 2- It's a shame people got all pissy that this went Wii U exclusive instead of making it a reason to buy a Wii U, Which it totally is. So much fun.

ROCKET LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!! If you have a ps4 and PS+ and haven't played this, what's wrong with you? Hell it's worth the 20 dollar tag for PC if you fancy so much. Get it!

FInal Fantasy 6- When I first played this it was a rom that I ploughed my way through with the hyper speed button and a few cheats. I'm playing the PSN version (load times and all) and want to beat it proper this time.

There are a few others , but I've spent the most time with these recently.