Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

• 1 year later...

I just finished Walking Dead S2 and for the first time ever, i regret making a decision in a game. When I play games I let myself go and be the main character and S2 was no different. But as the scene happened I was almost sick to my stomach because

I just made a young girl watch a man be beaten to death

And I think thats a sign of good storytelling. No one has taken that risk before and the fact that I was not OK with it after I was "in the moment" is what the developers were going for, and I think its a sign of good writing that we got to be put into those shoes no matter how uncomfortable it made us.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is being made in Demon's Souls, slowly. With every new 'Souls game I play, I try and approach it differently than the last. I don't want to get locked into one way of playing the games every time. So far my builds were:

Dark Souls: Heaviest Armor, Shield, Tank my way through anything.

Dark Souls 2: Light to Medium Armor, Dual Wielding Swords.

Demon's Souls: Currently this is the build I'm using as a guide, because I love playing Fighter/Mages in DnD - http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:59

I've got to say, as someone who has NEVER used magic before in the 'Souls series, that shit it making the game easy. I've only taken on a few bosses so far, but it's been a walk in the park. Taking some time to farm a little more in 4-1 before I move on to 3-1 to unlock the guy who gives me access to more than just soul arrow.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Goddamn I hate Q3/Q4 of any year that's not a console launch.

Shadow of Mordor is probably tyhe funnest thing I've played in a while, Destiny grind. Disney Infinity2.0, Borderlands Pere-seeq, FIrst Light and as of tomorrow Sunset Overdrive will all be collecting dust while I faff about shanking orks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been game jumping like a madman recently. There's Dragon Age Inquisition which I havent even scratched the surface of yet.

Currently I'm in post game mode for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Havent been this into a pokemon game since Gold/Silver.

Impulse bought Far Cry 4 a few weeks ago. Insanely fun, but I think I just bought it in hopes of seeing Blood Dragon 2.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix. Having about as much fun as I did the first time I played, which is to say alot. (rumor has it that Kingdom Hearts 3 is on the way this year)

The Cat Lady. Point and click psychological horror game on steam. Story is great so far and the voice acting is top notch for an indie. So far it's a pretty unsettling ride that I highly recommend.

Christmas time has been good to me. I scored an Xbox one with destiny and master chief, both of which ive put about 10 hours into between the two of them...I most use the damn thing to route my cable through.

In the same christmas care package i also got 6 vita games so I've been playing Playstation All-stars and Freedom Wars which i need to put the fuck down so I can finish Persona 4.

On Steam I've been playing Divinity, Beyond Earth and Democracy 3.

Damn it feels good to be a gamer.

• 4 weeks later...

I refuse to let school cut into my gaming. I just finished Dying Light. Good stuff, I wish they had kept the col analog combat from Dead Island, but other than that it was a solid game. Zombie + Mirror's Edge pulled off quite nicely.

Also got back on Skyrim since getting the new laptop and loading it up with some mods to pretty it up. Looks damn good and it's just fun to wander around and look at the scenery. Starting to think about my 4 in February too. Gonna rez that thread and see if anyone else has plans to do so also.

• 4 weeks later...