Hondo's Bar

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls

Okay Schwarzennegar (I know I probably spelled that wrong) had Terminator 3, Willis had Die Hard 4, Stallone had Rocky 6 and soon Rambo 4, Ford's doing Indy 4, so when are we seeing Lethal Weapon 5? It's inevitable isn't it?

Gibson has pretty much guaranteed that the Lethal Weapon series is finished. Same with Mad Max. Shame, his career couldn't need it more right now.

And Evil Dead is supposed to be getting a remake.

Bill Murray has gone the artsy route, Dan Akroyd is no longer funny, Egon is fat, and the other guy dissappeared.

Murray can be coaxed. Life Aquatic and his Wu-Tang apparence in coffee & cigarettes gives me hope.

Akroyd doenst have to be funny, the script does.

Egon's crazy weight adds to the "washed up" thing i imagine theyd be playing up.

and Winston Zedmore's not hard to find; 2T would know, for starters.

2Track%20&%20Winston.jpg

why you gotta bust balls?

I havent set in stone the 3 white guys (though the fat jewish friend from Knocked Up could mebbe swing egonz?), but ill say this: Will Smith for Winston Jr. He'd make this look good, sign the check.

They sit on this project much longer, Will Smith won't be able to be cast as "young." You can only fight time for so long. You reading this, Tom Cruise? You're going to have to play some young actor's or actress' father SOME day!

Seth Rogan or Paul Rudd or course would be great.

coc.jpg

or in a few years, Jonah Hill

3700.jpg

Either Simon Pegg or Nick Frost would of course be welcome.

Well all else fails, you can always bring in the Affleck (he was the bomb in Phantoms)!

Same here. It's the kind of quote that's so good, I use it even though I've never seen it. Despite my lack of shame in this discrepancy, I must also see Phantoms one day. Also, the more I watch SNL's Lazy Sunday, the more this Andy Samberg (pictured left) guy seems like a good fit.

samberg.jpg

Also, I would not be opposed to seeing Justin Timberlake cast for GB3, which is how I am starting to feel about most movie these days. I am not ashamed, watch Black Snake Moan and then judge me!

oh. that's totally different from my idea, where they were gonna put the old team in australia or somewhere foreign, right? but the thing is, heh, the thing is, they dont know the local customs at all! that's my pitch, anyway.

oh, and black snake moan: yay or nay?

yay, particularly on timberlake's prospects as a legit actor.

I like your concept too. You're saying 'fag' means 'cigarette' here? Oh man, I gotta go apologize to that guy back there! I could see that. Also, Egon could be working prototype Ghost-Busting robot assistant. He can calculate pi to a thousand places, but he cannot understand our human emotion of love. The robots name could be Tupac.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Shia LaBeouf would make a good young Ghostbuster. Or Ryan Reynolds. It's sad that the Ghostbusters have highjacked Indy's thread.

Well at this point there's not much Indy related stuff to talk about. The movie is being made, Harrisson Ford doesn't look old, that's about it.

Actually, there is. Latest reports indicate that when Harrison Ford signed the contract for Indy IV, he also agreed to the option of doing two more(!) Indy movies after this one. Shia Labeouf is signed on for four in his contract. So not only are they considering more Indy movies after this one...they're also talking about continuing the series without Ford.

Normally, I'd say, hell no, no way. Not only to an Indy without Ford, but that would mean and Indiana Jones adventure...what, in the 60s? That's hard to picture (of course, I'm one of the guys who just could not wrap my head around the Corleone family in the 80s, for Godfather Part III). But I'll reserve final judgment until I see how Shia does in the franchise. The kid continues to impress me and if they insisted on putting the franchise on another actor's shoulders, he just might be the guy for it.

I can't see how they could do more movies without Harrison Ford. I think this movie is good for one maybe 2 more runs at most, then afterwards just retire the franchise while it's still on top.

Shia LeBeouf without Harrison? Indiana Jones Jr???

Lethal Weapon already had it's sunset ending, the old guys get promoted, the young move up and everyone moves on... and Chris Rock is the future.

Sorry, that was from a few posts ago...

So, no way anyone can get Sean Connery for even a small cameo?

Edited by Drifter