Hondo's Bar

Best British Comedy Series

Best Brit/Irish comedy series  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were so few episodes of Fawlty Towers 'cause the scripts were so hard to write. Everything was written into them. While alot of the show may look improvised it was all there on paper before filming. Also, with most British comedy shows there wasn't a team of writers like american sitcoms have, it was just Cleese and sexy Connie.

Also, with most British comedy shows there wasn't a team of writers like american sitcoms have, it was just Cleese and sexy Connie.

True. Also usually when a British comedy writers feel they can't come up with anything better then what they've done previously, they nearly always wont go on, unlike most U.S. comedies, they wont put out crap just for the sake of it

Ripping Yarns all the way if it's Britishness you're after. One vote is not enough otherwise.

Black Books, QI, and The Day Today (after seeing just a few episodes) have been mentioned and definitely deserve their place up there.

Top Gear has it's moments too though...cars and comedy? :misty:

Have you no love for fuck-dolls being inflated at inappropriate times?!

There's some great OFAH episodes. As I said, it got really shit but in the early years it was great. The latter day (while Lyndhurst was doing "Goodnight Sweetheart" episodes can suck my taint) ones were crap, but c'mon you can't say it was always shit (CHRISTMAS SPECIALS AGO-GO!).

As for BBsuCk America, the best thing about the Beeb proper is that there's no commercials, that's why the only way to watch BBC in the US is BBC On Demand.

Every five minutes.

It's such a pain in the ass. They started showing "The Prisoner" a while back but it was impossible to watch unless I Tivo'd it. Also, alot of shit gets cut to shreds. In order to put it into a 30 minute time frame (with all the ads) they have to.

Also, you can say "shit" but nothing else.

Cable TV me bollocks.

Oh, and "My Hero" seems to be on all the fucking time... :ohface:

I did see a show about the famine narrated by James Woods.

Not on BBC America, but still the best show in the world.

Also there was a special with Dana (the Al Gore to Mary MacAl's GWB) singing songs on the rainy streets of Dublin ("Ah Jaysis, deres deh 77A...how mooch t'Walkinstown?") which aired on PBS home of every Daniel O'Donnell special ever.

I did see a show about the famine narrated by James Woods.

I have to fuckin' see this

PBS home of every Daniel O'Donnell special ever.

How the fuck is he so popular?

I heard bout this ould one over here who was on waiting list for surgery for a year or something,

but decided not to go because it clashed with Daniel's fuckin' tea party, where he invites all the old women of ireland

to join him for tea and cake.

How does he sleep at night?

probably snuggled in between 6 or 7 different 70 year old pussies each night

I meant this thread to be called best british and irish comedies, so that fr. ted could be included.

But since this is currently called best British, i ask for either it be changed to british and irish or for fr. ted to be taken out.

sorry but it really annoys me when the british claim to have fr. ted, that's ours the fuck, christ knows they have enough anyway.

similarly roy keane was called one of the best british players in premiership history, and U2 were best british band ever.

Now THAT'S funny in so many ways

Archived