Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy XIII

The NZA

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did for me. I actually ended up liking the combat quite a bit. Story, meh~

+1. plot did the FF thing and crashed/burned by the end, fun characters though.

mal - you mean the post-game? i was considering that, dudes on GAF said they grinded for 10+ hours and still werent near the max for those trophies, so i decided against.

hahaha...how've you fared? i recall this bronto-sized thing stomping me into oblivion after getting like one hit on him. again, im not entirely sure he knew i was even there.

bish would likely remind you to feel free to explore the map (hidden passages open extra scenes/hunts/etc) but the NW corner or so, if i recall correctly, is known as the King Behemoth Land of Death, so uh, you know, tread carefully. :no:

FF XIII OST paino - July 21st! shame they skipped XII, but XIII's OST really is outstanding, cant wait to hear certain tracks. i adore these piano ones; i wasnt as big a fan of VIII's, for instance, till i heard the amazing piano rendition, even made "Eyes on Me" sound good.

Oh man! I love the FF piano collections. VI, VII, and X are probably my faves (VIII and IX had a select few standouts). While I absolutely loved some songs in XIII, I hated most of them. Here's hoping they sound better played on some ivory.

Edited by Losifer

hahaha...how've you fared? i recall this bronto-sized thing stomping me into oblivion after getting like one hit on him. again, im not entirely sure he knew i was even there.

bish would likely remind you to feel free to explore the map (hidden passages open extra scenes/hunts/etc) but the NW corner or so, if i recall correctly, is known as the King Behemoth Land of Death, so uh, you know, tread carefully. :eh:

Gah, Gran Pulse is damned cool in so many ways, but it is also probably my biggest disappointment in the game as well. It's open, it has some awesome geography and there is NO REASON to explore it during the main playthrough the game, and that it what makes me sad. There are so many cool things to do, but the game trained you for the previous 30 hours to go forward, to find out what the next big story revelation is, to SAVE the world and all that jazz, but it is all about killing big monsters. I LIKE killing monsters and all but it feels so pointless on Gran Pulse. A town, some reason to explore and find things would have been keen. Making the main area a hub, with 4-5 objectives that needed to be taken care of to advance the story (each giving you more information about the main plot) would have made that area so much better. FFXIII was still one of the best FFs in recent memory (which now that I think of it isn't saying that much because we've had what 3 in the last 2 gens?) In XII the huge world felt like a part of the game, in XIII the big world when it finally opens up felt like it was hastily grafted on to the main game. I loved the feel of

Vanille and Fang's home town.

but the story did fall apart for me at the end.

I just wonder why the FF games as a whole have had such a horrible time keeping the narrative going all the way to the end? Other JRPG series (Suikoden, Lunar, are two examples) have been able to keep a level ov tension going leading into the finale, and WRPGs have been able to do this for years as well (Mass Effect 1 and 2, Torment, Dragon Age, KOTOR, even Fallout to a lesser extent.) What is it about FF games that have kept them from being able to keep the necessary levels of tension through to the end?

Though I suppose XIII gave it the old college try in

Chapter XII.

• 2 weeks later...

King Behemoths are nothing to me.

Things I loved about this game:

Being able to skip the cutscene

Not wasting good money on this joke of a game

Not having to restart from the last safe point after dying and forcing me to run down the hallway and kill everything again.

Things I didn't like:

Everything else.

Final verdict:

I'm going to wash the stick of this game by playing something better like pong or Pac-man.

117tyrc.jpg

haters gon hate. lacked exploration, yes, but chapters 6-9 or so = some of the greatest characterization/plot the series has seen in over a decade. glad you played it.

Stupid NZA and his incestual images.

Why you gotta support that stuff, NZA?

they were related? anyway, some of us believe in finding love wherever you can, and sometimes, that's at home.

the real question, mal, is: why do you hate love?

They are half brothers by way of Cartman's true father, who he killed and fed to Scott.

You've really got to keep up.

...did you watch the story, or pull a JZA and skip it?

chapters 6-9 > much of VII, almost all but parts of disc 1 of VIII, a fair chunk of IX, much of X (and i liked that one) and the slower bits of XII. dont know where your bar is for character & plot, but that shit was at least exciting.

take Sazh & Vanille in the rain, after the revelation...FF doesn't usually go that far out. so good.

mal: stop hating love.

...did you watch the story, or pull a JZA and skip it?

chapters 6-9 > much of VII, almost all but parts of disc 1 of VIII, a fair chunk of IX, much of X (and i liked that one) and the slower bits of XII. dont know where your bar is for character & plot, but that shit was at least exciting.

take Sazh & Vanille in the rain, after the revelation...FF doesn't usually go that far out. so good.

I did try to watch the cutscenes but I hated the characters so anything with Hope,Lighting,Snow or Vanille = skip.

My bar for story or character are really low once FF went from 2d to 3d.

I did try to watch the cutscenes but I hated the characters so anything with Hope,Lighting,Snow or Vanille = skip.

My bar for story or character are really low once FF went from 2d to 3d.

He's not wrong though. When Sazh

put his gun to the head after losing his son and not willing to take Vanille's life for revenge and pulled the trigger, I was all "oh shit." He was okay, though. Stuff happened to save him from actually taking his life. Which was some ol' bULLLLSHIT. People don't have balls anymore.

Especially you, NZA.