Hondo's Bar

Fantastic Four

archangel

the way he died made no sense, he could've just gone nova

add that to the fact that death in the Marvel Universe is about as set-in-stone as Robert Plant wanting to do a Zeppelin reunion tour and this means basically jack shit. Once the book gets a new writer the status quo will be restored, I garuntee.

oh wow nostradamus, will the sun also rise tomorrow?

did you read it?

there #'s were a little too many (in the billions) and he also had no way back either way

anyway, that's true of any franchise book evar, shouldn't stop you from enjoying these stories. i cant imagine why you'd read superhero stories at all if that's the case.

I guess it's also because I haven't really enjoyed any Fantastic Four books ever, I've read arcs here and there but never found a great one (and don't throw that bullshit Mark Millar wrote out as a shining example, because it was not) not to mention with this death now (i think) every single member of the Fantastic Four has died now. Their deaths to me, now, mean about as much as a Norman Osbourne death.

I forget the official details of how he died, but it culminated in the 3 remaining members meeting "God" who was a cartoonist that looked and acted suspiciously like Jack Kirby, who "drew" The Thing back to life. Jack Kirby-God also turned him into a rock-ape again despite the fact that he resurrected as good old Ben Grimm simply because it's "more interesting." Jack Kirby-God is a dick.

• 2 weeks later...

Future Foundation

ff-1-variant-cover-by-daniel-acuna-1297282385.jpg

Originally Posted by Hickman: When I took this job, I spent a lot of time reading old issues and really trying to figure out exactly what makes the FF tick: What works, what doesn't work, what used to work, but no longer does... and finally, what has the potential to work - in other words, what new things I can do to enhance the book's legacy and not diminish it.

This - the relaunch and the renaming - will make a lot more sense once we get to the other side, but for now, everyone should hopefully just check it, enjoy the ride, and know that my motives are pure.

yeah, reed is really taking the death to heart here, heh.

it's a bit too "new FF" ish (haha, that was some shit) for me too, but you know? Hickman's done no wrong by me so far, man's shat gold on all ive read. his run so far on the book has been one of the best ive read, im down for the ride (so far).

what's funny is, if you just swap thing for stark or somebody, this would be hands-down the most intelligent team in the marvel U.

he really is, thankfully he's got a job in his regular book cause man, jokes in the team books aside, the fact he's on so many of them and was still broke for so long makes his teammates huge dicks.

surprised you didn't comment on a costume he's gotta owe a dollar to anti-venom for, or that spot guy from his animated.

he really is, thankfully he's got a job in his regular book cause man, jokes in the team books aside, the fact he's on so many of them and was still broke for so long makes his teammates huge dicks.

surprised you didn't comment on a costume he's gotta owe a dollar to anti-venom for, or that spot guy from his animated.

It totally does.

Anti-Venom really only has the color scheme, really so it doesn't bother me. Nor does the similar color scheme to the Spot (Who was totally in the comics. the version that was actually cool was in the animated series, and Ultimate Spider-Man) What really concerns me is this almost looks like the cover for Venture Brothers Season 5. (Give the Thing a Brock Mullet and we'd be good)

And Mr. Fantastic's shit-eating grin is nothing new, I mean I think this is the first time a Fantastic Four member died by someone's hands other than his own. (I should make a website compiling all the times Mr. Fantastic, man of super-science has solved his problems by shooting them with a ridiculous looking gun.)

Also: yes, Spider-Man was a member of the New Fantastic Four (composed of Grey Hulk, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Spider-Man) they weren't particularly good books, but I'll be damned if the covers didn't look badass on a trapper keeper. (Unfortunately this is the case with most things involving Ghost Rider) So that means that the Fantastic Four have had Spider-Man, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, She-Hulk, She-Thing, the other Thing that looked like those rock guys from the Death of Superman SNES game, Black Panther, and Storm. Possibly this is because they cannot count.

/agreed.

its one of those finales that did way more justice than i thought it would've, and i like to think it'd work as a stand-alone but its admittedly hard, given the inevitable return of johnny, to not feel that it'll be a bit cheapened when that happens. at the very least? the whole team really oughta look at him differently - i.e., instead of "oh, that's our pretty-boy johny, haha!" shit, a bit've respect knowing that dude will literally take on (and be eaten by) an army that looks like it came from hell, just to buy his people a chance to escape. i mean, we act like everyone in the marvel U is all noble and shit, but how many characters would really do this, and basically say "i trust reed will fix this somehOH GOD IT HURTS"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

God you're gay

Completely agreed though. And yeah, entering this late in the game and knowing who it was going to be(loved that pretty much everyone wwas in a goddamned mexican stand-off to keep the fans guessing) somehow took nothing away from the impact of the event. I read Valeria's statement of 'dad always leaves a back door' as a kind of caveat though, and seeing that Annihilus-bot or w/e that was present Reed with the tattered remains of the uniform just reinforced that he's gonna be in there somewhere, being kept alive of amnesiac or something.

True resonance would be Namor finding him living in the streets like a bum, and waterboarding or setting fire to him to regain his memory/identity.

• 2 weeks later...