Hondo's Bar

Metal as a genre

Lorelei

Alrighty then, I'll see what I can do. I found out yesterday I'm gonna have surgery upcoming(diabetic eye problems), but I dunno when it'll be, so we'll see.

Diabetus can cost you an eye now? I'd feel half a twat for capitalising on a joke this late in the game but I've a 50/50 chance of the offended party not seeing it anyway.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

First off I wanted to say in reply to those Idol Metal Videos....It really is no suprise a guy in a "Bullet For My Valentine" knows and sings Celine Dion, go listen to the band, it'll all make sense as they TOO try to emulate, I mean channel, Celine on many occasions.

Now did I hear NZA say he "likes" Celtic Frost???

Can you say GODDAMN!!

When I posted it, the video hadn't shown up yet. The last line was "you "like" celtic frost?", and I was trying to show excited anticipation and make a joke about the history of this thread. As in anticipating a 18 inch long dissertation. Possibly several.

Clearly it works, and doesn't work, on many levels though. Thus is the magic of animated .gif's.

• 3 months later...

just wow, those lyrics....never said they were good songwriters...

I'm struggling to think of a metal band this doesn't apply to.

In other news, for those that have trouble telling Metal's subgenres apart.

* POWER METAL

The protagonist arrives riding a white unicorn, escapes from the dragon, saves the princess and makes love to her in an enchanted forest.

* THRASH METAL

The protagonist arrives, fights the dragon, saves the princess and fucks her.

* HEAVY METAL

The protagonist arrives on a Harley, kills the dragon, drinks a few beers and fucks the princess.

* FOLK METAL

The protagonist arrives with some friends playing accordions, violins, flutes and many more weird instruments, the dragon falls asleep (because of all the dancing). Then all leave........ without the princess.

* VIKING METAL

The protagonist arrives in a ship, kills the dragon with his mighty axe, skins the dragon and eats it, rapes the princess to death, steals her belongings and burns the castle before leaving.

* DEATH METAL

The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon, fucks the princess and kills her, then leaves.

* BLACK METAL

The protagonist IS the dragon, dwells in the heart of the night with in a castle full of hellhounds and eternal flames. He kills the sassy knight, fucks the noble steed and sacrifices the princess to Satan.

* GORE METAL

The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon and spreads his guts in front of the castle, fucks the princess and kills her. Then he fucks the dead body again, slashes her belly and eats her guts. Then he fucks the carcass for the third time, burns the corpse and fucks it for the last time.

* DOOM METAL

The protagonist arrives, sees the size of the dragon and thinks he could never beat him, then he gets depressed and commits suicide. The dragon eats his body and the princess as dessert. That's the end of the sad story.

* PROGRESSIVE METAL

The protagonist arrives with a guitar and plays a solo of 26 minutes. The dragon kills himself out of boredom. The protagonist arrives to the princess' bedroom, plays another solo with all the techniques and tunes he learned in the last year of the conservatory. The princess escapes looking for the 'HEAVY METAL' protagonist.

* GLAM METAL

The protagonist arrives, the dragon laughs at the guy's appearance and lets him enter. He steals the princess' make up and tries to paint the castle in a beautiful pink colour.

* NU METAL

The protagonist arrives in a run down Honda Civic and attempts to fight the dragon but he burns to death when his moronic baggy clothes catch fire.

• 2 months later...