Hondo's Bar

Achievements

Da Cap'n

Is that an achievement? After your review of Overlord it's almost plausible. Acch, 24 minutes until the fucking weekend begins.

I'm pretty sure it is in some incarnation. Achievements like carrying a fucking gnome across the vast majority of a game or going through Ravenholme in Half-Life 2 without firing a single shot are achievements. Beating up 10 people who don't even fight back or try to run away is not.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess which friend of ours, Nick, loves this game now?

Here's a hint...

aw man, i want that back one day. tell him good luck; i bought the freakin' extra shit levels and still coulndt get the "astronomical" achievement, so freakin close but ive no other levels to do...

ps dammit panch, none of ya'll are playing george's games, i gotta get em back to him!

baytor, you'd be proud of my "finished tutorial" achievement in ghost recon before i quit on that one. I agree though, i like the impressive ones - Ive never seen 1000 points in Rock Band, Orange Box, etc. Hell, id love to see the big balls one in Bioshock to this day.

aw man, i want that back one day. tell him good luck; i bought the freakin' extra shit levels and still coulndt get the "astronomical" achievement, so freakin close but ive no other levels to do...

ps dammit panch, none of ya'll are playing george's games, i gotta get em back to him!

baytor, you'd be proud of my "finished tutorial" achievement in ghost recon before i quit on that one. I agree though, i like the impressive ones - Ive never seen 1000 points in Rock Band, Orange Box, etc. Hell, id love to see the big balls one in Bioshock to this day.

Exactly, finishing the tutorial is not an achievement, it's having enough presence of mind to not kill yourself before you've learned what to do, and while I know that Xbox owners have been portrayed as mouth breathing psychopaths with a beer bong in one hand and a controller in the other adorning their "That's what she said" t-shirt and sideways baseball cap with a beer label on it, even that sort of person can get through a tutorial.

Also, what's the Big Balls achievement?

good imagery, as ever.

"Big Balls" is beating Bioshock on hard mode (which i managed) but turning the vita-chambers off, an option the new DLC brought. it strikes me as batshit insane, as the first big daddy mustve killed me like a dozen times. it can be done, but very fucking carefully and youd have to save the game in almost every room, as hard mode (granted, i wasnt buying health as much as i shouldve) saw me walking into rooms, especially in the big theatre level, and bam! tagged by 2 of those hanging splicers and im dead.

good imagery, as ever.

"Big Balls" is beating Bioshock on hard mode (which i managed) but turning the vita-chambers off, an option the new DLC brought. it strikes me as batshit insane, as the first big daddy mustve killed me like a dozen times. it can be done, but very fucking carefully and youd have to save the game in almost every room, as hard mode (granted, i wasnt buying health as much as i shouldve) saw me walking into rooms, especially in the big theatre level, and bam! tagged by 2 of those hanging splicers and im dead.

Save every room, man I save every fucking step. Quicksaves were the worst thing I ever found out, they only facilitated my obsessive compulsive fear that a fucking Cyberdemon will jump out from one corner and violate me with his rocket launcher hand while headcrabs devour my heroic crotch. Doom put the fear in me and it's never truly gone away.

• 1 month later...

this is what i get for playing PS3/Wii/PSP games? one minute, you kids are bitching im not on PSN enough, the next im hearing i should never leave XBL. dammit man, you were the one convinced me to play DMC4 on PS3 for the new accomplishments or whatever, why must you toy with me so? :misty:

this is what i get for playing PS3/Wii/PSP games? one minute, you kids are bitching im not on PSN enough, the next im hearing i should never leave XBL. dammit man, you were the one convinced me to play DMC4 on PS3 for the new accomplishments or whatever, why must you toy with me so? :misty:

Because it seems we're never talking anymore unless we fight. Oh sure, "I went to a foreign country for a wedding," - LOVELY excuse, but the cold facts of it are that the magic's gone somewhere and we're not there with it.

you sure? i was talking all last night to maldr0n on PSN over a lovely game of warhawk. i was so certain it was you...didnt i give you my credit card number?

i may've made a terrible mistake.

ps dont sweat it, even shindokie doesnt talk to me at kotaku anymore. i think apathy is the new black.

you sure? i was talking all last night to maldr0n on PSN over a lovely game of warhawk. i was so certain it was you...didnt i give you my credit card number?

i may've made a terrible mistake.

ps dont sweat it, even shindokie doesnt talk to me at kotaku anymore. i think apathy is the new black.

Your mistakes began when you thought it'd be a decent idea to give me your credit card number REGARDLESS.

We should probably actually talk online at some point, you know, so you can get to know what my voice is. Again, this comes back to you never being 'round.

I grew somewhat tired of Shindokie's youthful exuberance. Man mostly talks to me only if I stab him with a sharpened brick, but the time i get for it never compensates for the time wasted sharpening the damn thing.

maldron: i forget, you got a headset for PS3? we can talk there sometime, or uh, awkwardly by phone if anything.

panch - you've got the dedication (and time) but i dunno, Space has some crazy skills. Between expert on endless setlist in Rock Band, One Free Bullet in Half Life 2 and some others, I'd not wanna go toe-to-toe with him achievement wise anytime soon.

Hell, i was discouraged from going for the "Brass Balls" achievement after he started it up, plus i saw Skeeter's damn close to being the first Hondonian to nab it. *sigh*