Hondo's Bar

Achievements

Da Cap'n

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gnome is in Episode 2 only

In Chapter 1 when Alyx is making a transmission to Dr. Kliener and her father (you know, where you have to use the gravity gun to plug yet something else in...what a waste of technology), anyway, if you turn toward the exit door, he's in the right corner of the room....if I remember correctly (I may not be), he's under something.

But yeah, then you gotta carry him throughout the ENTIRE game,

put him in the nose cone of the rocket in Chapter 6, and then CLOSE THE DOOR TO THE NOSE CONE or you won't get the achievement.

• 4 weeks later...

if youre curious, get the demo. Stranglehold seemed like a lotta fun there, everything blows up! doesnt hurt that i love Woo/Chow like i do.

and conan comparisons to GoW are like an insult to the series. i cant name another game i literally fell asleep during the demo. if there's a word for "uninspired hack and slash meets titties", its conan.

i gotta stop recommending you games, man. you like some things id consider ass on disc, and the golden ones, you crap on sometimes. i was actually surprised to see you playing mass effect, no lie. youre one of the weirdest gaming consumers i know, dear skeet.

downloaded it, but not played yet. I gotta say, sandbox games can be cool but theyre not often my thing.

and dont you mock my love of quirky japanese gameplay; that's not what idve recommended! id go less esoteric, like uh, ok fuck im drawing a blank here.

I haven't played the new Conan game but it can't be any worse than that Ghost Rider game that ripped off God of War and it was at its worst still mildly entertaining.

I think the insomnia cure comes from the storyline, because Conan is a very boring fictional character. Like Robin Hood, or Billy the Kid, or the Pope.

if youre curious, get the demo. Stranglehold seemed like a lotta fun there, everything blows up! doesnt hurt that i love Woo/Chow like i do.

and conan comparisons to GoW are like an insult to the series. i cant name another game i literally fell asleep during the demo. if there's a word for "uninspired hack and slash meets titties", its conan.

You're gonna be all 'Can we Play F&F tonight on Live Jay?' And i'll just refer you back to this post and go fuck some bitches up.

60008476tv1.png

I like achievements in games, but they don't necessarily have to be limited to high scores only. Completing an impossible side quest in a Final Fantasy game is sure something to be proud of! Take for example, defeating Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon in FF7, with their ONE MILLION HPs!!! Took forever, but I done it! Also trying to breed a Gold Chocobo in that game is no easy task, I can tell you that! Sure all it will get me is bragging right, but it sure does rock!

I like achievements in games, but they don't necessarily have to be limited to high scores only. Completing an impossible side quest in a Final Fantasy game is sure something to be proud of! Take for example, defeating Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon in FF7, with their ONE MILLION HPs!!! Took forever, but I done it! Also trying to breed a Gold Chocobo in that game is no easy task, I can tell you that! Sure all it will get me is bragging right, but it sure does rock!

It's solid evidence too though. Not calling yuo a liar, but it's all well-and good to say you've done these things but achievements basically give you a trophy for that shit so strangers and friends alike can see what you've done without you having to tell or show 'em.

It's solid evidence too though. Not calling yuo a liar, but it's all well-and good to say you've done these things but achievements basically give you a trophy for that shit so strangers and friends alike can see what you've done without you having to tell or show 'em.

Yes but do we need trophies for things like "Threw 10 cans of beans at unruly sea lions?" I personally don't think that's really impressive, I didn't think to do that because I'm not a deranged lunatic (most of the time), but fortunately the fine people at Xbox are and they did think to throw beans at sea lions.

Well sir you just haven't lived. And my 10g tells everyone else that too. It's true, in some games it's fucking ludricrous what they're give you achievements for, but that shit I just ignore. I don't go out of my way to do stupid shit but if it's something like a serious challenge?(ie Rocketman & Endless setlist) Hell yeah you gotta hit that if you can.

Well sir you just haven't lived. And my 10g tells everyone else that too. It's true, in some games it's fucking ludricrous what they're give you achievements for, but that shit I just ignore. I don't go out of my way to do stupid shit but if it's something like a serious challenge?(ie Rocketman & Endless setlist) Hell yeah you gotta hit that if you can.

I agree acheivements are fun but in many cases they're just ways to show how big your Xbox Live penis is. Like all the achievements in Overlord are for killing ten maidens (who don't fight back and only run in a circle roughly the size of a small car) or completing missions that you HAVE to complete to finish the game (which I will accept like 2 or 3 of those, but not an achievement every time I complete a mission)

You're almost quoting the guy I was fueding with over in this other forum up until I got banned. Sure it's a pissing thing, but what the fuck's wrong with flexing your e-penis? You never tried for top score on ye olde arcade games? S'exactly what this is.

No, I did. But I never tried to get the high score in "throw the stick at the inanimate object from serveral inches away."

If they're called "achievements" they should BE achievements. Not "You successfully hanged evil drapes! Points for you!"