Hondo's Bar

Terminator the Sarah Conner Chronicles

Signal08

Ok so they came out with a TV series about John Conner runnin fo his life with all of these Arnold wannabes chasing after him... and he moves from town to town, and he has a lil petite hottie terminator to protect him. Anyone seen the first two episodes? Any opinions?

I saw the first episode and it seems to be a lil too much drama, yet they are stretching it thin. Like the movie didnt cover enough of it sorta deal... Not sure if having a hottie petite is the way to go for a protector (other than protecting the male vs female show ratings)

summer-glau-terminator-chronicles-promo.jpg

yea... shes the terminator and she actually says "Come with me if you want to live" in the first episode.

I think she is just trying to be Ali Larter like with them guns!

geektv_sarah_connor_350px.jpg

And she gets nekkid twice in the opening show.

summer-glau-sarah-chronicles-pilot-03.jpg

summer.jpg

You are absolutely correct, she can def pull off the bad ass im not human thing, but it sorta did throw me a curve ball when they made the terminator a lil hot momma. I would have thought they would have better casted for a hot sarah conner, rather than a hot terminator. I guess it gives them an excuse to show a chick naked, appearing wounded but not, and doing super human abled tasks...

The pilot wasn't terrible, just a piece of fluff television with nothing new to add to the terminator concept that left me feeling cheated. Sarah Conner isn't Sarah Conner, and John..., John's a whiny little bitch. You would think that after T2 he'd be at least some of the way to being the man he's supposed to be.

I must make some time in the next couple of days to watch the original movies to make up for it.

I think I was watching the pre air version of the pilot, I was somehow hoping the version that actually aired didn't end the same way what I saw did.

-with the Conners and their titty-bot raiding a bank vault, building a ray gun, then traveling to the far flung future of -holy fucking shit, I hope they have hover boards- 2008!

You are absolutely correct, she can def pull off the bad ass im not human thing, but it sorta did throw me a curve ball when they made the terminator a lil hot momma. I would have thought they would have better casted for a hot sarah conner, rather than a hot terminator.

The Terminator in T3 was a lil hot momma, so it's not really new. And did I just hear you imply that Lena Headey isn't hot enough? For shame!

gfd_l1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My TV watching friends have forsaken this show, chiefly due to how it violates the established protocols of time travel. There was a big discussion, Timecop may have been involved, but it was established that the show violated the very tenants of established time-traveling lore in the Terminator universe.

I like Summer Glau.

Fuck that. All time travel movie rules paradoxical except for that in 12 Monkeys.

This last episode shows the series moving in the right direction.

Since the second movie, it's been assumed cyborg sent by the humans obeyed their human given mission and cannot turn back to SkyNet loyalty, but it appears Summer Glau's character has turned or was a sleeper agent all along. Which begs the question, why not kill John Conner the millions of chances she's had? I'm definitely intrigued.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldnt find the production dates so I dont know. A part of me thinks it was that way just b/c the first season was a tester, and the other part thinks it was the writers strike, b/c that is exactly when it happened. I say strike based on no fact just opinion.

• 6 months later...

I've watched it consistently. I think it's great, but I'm not one of these Terminator purists that see someone besides Linda Hamilton play Sarah Conner as spit on the ground. The good terminator (Firefly's River Tam) is getting interesting this season, and the episodes are entertaining in a self-contained way, and it's good action for TV.

• 1 month later...

Archived