Hondo's Bar

Secret Invasion

The NZA

Secret Invasion  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

400px-Secretinvasion1.jpg

yup, bit this right offa newsarama. thanks guys!

One hint, apparently:

Series writer and Invasion architect Brian Bendis is on record saying characters that have gone through sudden resurrections, powers and/or personality changes should be considered suspiciously by readers

We already know about

Elektra and Black Bolt.

Who do you think is next?

PS if youre scratching your head about this topic, here's the recap, so dont worry, you're in on the ground floor.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again? Looks like when Marvel its out of ideas always thinks of something similar. This reminds me of the whole Spidey-Im not real-, Ben Reilly-Im a clone...no wait im the real deal... oh no, Im only a dirty clone affair.

Anyway... we already discuss this, right?

boogie - if youre gonna come in and baytor up a crossover event with hate, you gotta do better than one that's 10+ years old, man! granted, i like to ride the hype train early & frequent but this event could be a lotta fun, and since bendis is looking to finally tie up loose ends that've been in place since new avengers stareted (breakout) and disassembled, im excited.

Ly - it seems that way, man. i know, kinda makes him a paper champ but then again, its not like others didnt fall to Hulk soon after.

oh shit, on that note, i gotta go add another contender!

Really? was that the highlight of World War Hulk for you, or...?

i might agree, but the way they pulled it off in the last issue of the Illuminati mini-series made it work for me, man. Plus, with all the shit going on in the Inhumans homeworld right now, it brings the point home for me: a tremendous amount of bad shit's been going down in the Marvel U the last few years, and that might have to do with Skrulls in high places.

Nick: That sounded that a hate-filled post for you? It was merely and observation, a critic if you like. I concur with you when you say that this could be so much fun (If its well written).

And yeah I havent been reading lots of the mainstream of Marvel (Only Punisher Max and some stuff of the X-Men), so when my monetary situation changes, Im gonna be buying lots of goodies.

Really? was that the highlight of World War Hulk for you, or...?

Not really. As you said, it kinda irritates me when someone supposedly powerful is beaten, then you find out no wait, that wasn't him. It's cheap. Like if they'd make Stark a skrull. Now, what they could do is have some group suspect he's a skrull and attack him, only to find that he's just a punk-ass uncle tom.

By the way, how was it that Xavier began walking again? I thought that his powers were supposed to somehow inhibit that. I realize that's been happening for a while now, but given the skrull thing, I had to ask.

Jax - keep it in politics, you're sullying this poll!

Ly - yeah, it cheapens the moment, but again, i liked where Illuminati went way more than the summer blockbuster that was WW Hulk anyway, so im not bothered. I'll look past things like that if Bendis can somehow justify Disassembled, beyond just making all of us wish theyd all play nice again one day, and Steve come back.

to answer your question (feel free to correct me if im wrong anywhere here, people): before Brubaker's Uncanny X-men run, back when Deadly Genesis was going on and Cyc's evil brother Vulcan was revealed, he kinda just showed up after not being around since pre House of M. From what i recall & the wiki entry, it was claimed that Wanda restored him at the House of M's fall and gave him back his legs, something that's been done and undone about 3 times now by my count. In other words, as a former Illuminati, i think he's an excellent candidate for being a Skrull.

boogie - if youre gonna come in and baytor up a crossover event with hate

I'm synonymous with hate, awesome! You must admit he does have a point though Civil War was meh, World War Hulk was all flash and no boom, and now this. This is the kinda shit DC kept pulling all through the 90s just piggybacking from one crossover to the oter. One day Marvel will have individual titles again, I just know it.

you speak as though "haytor" wasnt coined long ago

like they did pre-bendis, and people only read ultimate stuff. its how it goes, man.

i for one think dissasembled, house of M and such were "meh" but civil war by & large was awesome for me, just the end coulda been stronger as we all said. WW hulk was a fun summer blockbuster that even at 4 issues somehow managed to get dragged out to the point of overexposure; i shoulda just stuck with the core book and Pak's work.

But if just New Avengers and Illuminati are to be believed, this one could be huge and a fun way to shoehorn the avengers back together when the dust settles. that's not to say im not expecting another slew of mediocre-at-best side stories, it means im gonna be reading less of em this time. Core book and the books i was reading before event only, ill let panch and others here guinea-pig anymore new series springing from these things from now on.

you speak as though "haytor" wasnt coined long ago

like they did pre-bendis, and people only read ultimate stuff. its how it goes, man.

i for one think dissasembled, house of M and such were "meh" but civil war by & large was awesome for me, just the end coulda been stronger as we all said. WW hulk was a fun summer blockbuster that even at 4 issues somehow managed to get dragged out to the point of overexposure; i shoulda just stuck with the core book and Pak's work.

But if just New Avengers and Illuminati are to be believed, this one could be huge and a fun way to shoehorn the avengers back together when the dust settles. that's not to say im not expecting another slew of mediocre-at-best side stories, it means im gonna be reading less of em this time. Core book and the books i was reading before event only, ill let panch and others here guinea-pig anymore new series springing from these things from now on.

I don't acknowledge things Skeeter comes up with because it breaks his spirit.

World War Hulk was the biggest cockblock I've ever read. Also I would almost bet Spidey's a Skrull. Tony Stark too, would certainly explain why Iron Man is resembling a giant douche these days.

Why is everyone on spidey being one? i missed the last few issues of Amazing cause i think the stunt JMS pulled at the end of "One More Day" was complete shit and ive a hard time getting past it, but did i miss something?

also, again: Stark may be the uncle tom Ly claims, but at least he stands for something, and he's interesting. if they go back on all that, or even a fair portion of it, im gonna be quite disappointed. he'd make an excellent red herring, though.

Why is everyone on spidey being one? i missed the last few issues of Amazing cause i think the stunt JMS pulled at the end of "One More Day" was complete shit and ive a hard time getting past it, but did i miss something?

also, again: Stark may be the uncle tom Ly claims, but at least he stands for something, and he's interesting. if they go back on all that, or even a fair portion of it, im gonna be quite disappointed. he'd make an excellent red herring, though.

Spidey makes a bit of sense, if you start off by looking at

his resurrection at the end of The Other

storyline. That said, I think Xavier makes the most sense at the moment.

As for Stark, what's he stand for? Money and power? A pat on the head? 'Cause protecting what he cares for kinda gets thrown out once he stabs it in the back and tries to throw it into a superpower version of Guantanamo for the rest of its life. Best I can figure, the only things Stark stands for (besides superpowered douchebaggery and being a fucking traitor) is money, power, and a fucking movie deal.

hey, you might be right. i just dig the magneto angle where he thinks he's doing good these days when he's clearly not.

you gotta admit, he's at least interesting enough to incur your anger these days; few years back, he was only known for a drunken story from decades back. i think he's come a long ways, even as a douche.

and how satisfying was it to see cap knock his ass around in the last issue of civil war cause of that?

as for spidey: wow, i totally wrote off "The Other", you got a point there man! and yeah, more i think bout it, X is hard not to see as one.

haha, yes indeed. the "we're not done here, you cloning fuck" (more or less) bit at the end, about incurring a god's anger, was the humbling we all demanded. this moment makes me fear if thor's outed as a skrull as well.

WHAT IF?!

Joe Q. was serious when he said "dead means dead" and all the recently resurrected were skrulls?!

Well let's see here. In the last few years Spider-Man has died only to be reborn ala a snake shedding its skin, gotten organic web shooters, picked up all kinds of cool new powers, and re-donned the black suit.

Also it's so terribly obvious because Spider-Man is practically Marvel's mascot, he's their main iconic character so everyone's naturally going to assume "No, it can't be Spidey" and then Marvel's gonna be like "I pulled a quickie on you!" and boom, he's a Skrull. And yes, One More Day was moronic.

I also prodict that Wolverine will be going all "I don't trust you crazy" again, he will also be calling people bub and referring to himself as a "Canucklehead" because Wolverine is apparently Ted Nugent in disguise.

As for Stark, he's never quit sat right with me from the beginning. He's a weapons designer/tycoon with his hands in all kinds of unsavory schemes who's playing the big shiny superhero bit. So he makes things that kills people but has a strict non-violence policy himself? So him "standing" for anything is contradictory to me, I proffered him when he was a worthless drunk, at least that made sense. I still predict they're do it, it's just stupid enough to be done and he has been amazingly out of character since the start of Civil War.

yeah, spidey as the flagship could very well be one, when you put it like that. honestly, after mephisto works his "everyoneforgetall" magic, pretty much anything can happen, sadly.

:sad: 's been going through some ridiculously dumb shit in his own series at the moment, so lame as it sounds, id be relieved if they said "hey, its been a fake since the hand offed him" or something, id let it slide. seriously, we're nearing vol 1 of his solo book territory in terms of quality, and that's not good. Mark Guggenheim needs to stop writing, at least that book.

as for stark: see? you credit him with having character before civil war, whereas the most i had was that warren ellis story, and that's the first thing that comes to mind since the mid-90s when he went evil, killed a few no-name avengers, and the others went back in time to get a younger stark to replace him but old stark ripped out his heart before dying just to make sure the weak cardio angle lived on.

Yeah, exactly, ret-conned stuff.

Honestly, Back in Black was solid, its One More Day that ended shittily.

More speculation, people! weve yet to hear from the rest of the comic crowd...uh, SB, Panch, newt etc.

PS Ly - Whedon took over Runaways after Vaughn and theyve been stuck in colonial america after being chased by the punisher and working for hte kingpin and...yeah, we all miss BKV.

Archived