Hondo's Bar

Secret Invasion

The NZA

Secret Invasion  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i cant honestly hate on him either, but i hadnt noticed the book's abscense till you mentioned it, and that's sad since it was a top read before.

plus, Astonishing is coming to an end in an odd direction. i fear Joss might be using his talents all on his bufffy/angel books right now.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm saying the whole time. Cardinal rules of comics that were borken in the last few years: No resurrecting Bucky, Jason Todd, or Gwen Stacy. Admittedly Bru took a 60yo gay joke and turned him into a serious fucking badarse, and then back into a gay joke/Nightwing, I'm thinking WS helped set Cap's mindset right if not to be picked off, then at least to be less of a threat when the hammer came down. I'd like to see WS be the skrull that's gone native though.

• 1 month later...

secretinvasionpostersm.jpg

man, i hope you're wrong about bucky. oh, there's a good preview animation on bendis' site here.

SIcap.jpg

anyway, raided the bendis boards just in time to replace baytor's sig...banner madness!

first, the relevant ones:

sitrusttsban.jpg

ItrustThor.png

sitrustsmban.jpg

SIfury.jpg

SIcapmarvel.jpg

SIbaby.jpg

ITrustBlackBolt.jpg

there's more, of namor, ms. marvel etc if anyone wants. now, for the rest:

for la lindsay:

joss.jpg

SIbananasuit.jpg

SIfranklin.jpg

SIanalrapist.jpg

for panch:

superprosmall.jpg

for arch:

SIMcCane.jpg

all others:

sitrustbmbban.jpg

sitrust-obama.jpg

sitrustshban.jpg

itrustnextwave.jpg

sitrust-layla.jpg

sisc.jpg

duganban.jpg

spider.PNG

SIScarlet.jpg

SIAcme.gif

SI_Future_Hiro.jpg

donttrustkirby.jpg

SIbush.jpg

SImolly.jpg

SIMooninites.jpg

trustJJJ.jpg

rorscach.png

trustfin.jpg

SIPalpatine.jpg

sigph8.jpg

SIoutoftime.jpg

sitrust-anarchy.jpg

quality as ever, baytor.

I'm seriously thinking Sue Storm, Xavier and Hawkeye

i didnt even think Sue - any particular reason? and there's a lotta people saying Hawkeye lately, i think that'd be a shame cause i like him more these days but its still a possibility.

ps you see the Mcain banner?

thats tricky.

of course, you want baytor one. the DC one is true to your character, as well. bueno excellente and hostess are hard to leave off, so's tick, and...dont make me choose here. ask, uh, ask Ly, he'll tell you "Just the stark one."

I personally could do without 3-D Man, D-Man, Super Skrull, and Batman Jones (comedic gold that he is) I'm a tad iffy on the Tony Stark and Tick ones. And I like the Bueno Excellente one (love it in fact) but maybe 3 people here will get it. So I'm thinking Baytor, Retcon, Hostess, and Con Air, and I'll probably end up on there because I love The Tick and hate a sober Tony Stark.

And don't pretend you don't know why that DC emblem's there. They might as well just print "We have 52 earths so we can do whatever the fuck we want" on the front of every comic.

back to the topic at hand, anyone else read Secret Invasion # 1, came out this week? Shit was pretty cool, i really think this arc is looking to tie the others together, and Joe Q's short explanation at the end confirmed that.

I need to figure out why Marvel Boy is in some place called The Cube, though.

seeing what's in the ship was genius, Yu musta had fun drawing that.

points to joel on Susan Storm, i shoulda seen Hank Pym, but...Jarvis?!

He loves you.

Goddamn Tony Stark... :Hijack:

I like the hostess one the best. I like the Tick, but there's just something missing from it that holds that banner back. Also, I'd be damned surprised if you didn't keep the Baytor one.

Perhaps if I added "Old chum" at the bottom.

so....so no one read it?! i wanna know when we can openly talk about this.

I read it. Why? You got an issue, brudda? You wanna fight about it? Wanna act big, tough guy?

The ending was basically a big screw you to everybody. It's gonna be one of those fanboy wet dreams where all their favorite heroes are fighting each other all at once, with some twist thrown into the end that will "change everything forever!" *ominous thunderclap*

Archived