Hondo's Bar

CTRL+ALT+DEL

archangel

CTRL+ALT+DEL  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is so great.

A fan sent me a condolences gift yesterday to try to lift me up. Boy did it ever. Apparantly there is a site called Wikiscanner, where you can look up someone's IP address, enter it into the site and it will show you every Wiki entry and edit they have ever made.

This fan had an email from Tim Buckley and used his IP address to wiki-search him.

http://wikiscanner.virgil.gr/list_edits.ph...;ip3=&ip4=#

My favorite: Tim deleted the enitre wiki entry for PvP and replaced it with "pvp sucks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=p...;oldid=32072999

If you look, you'll see that at various points, Tim vandalized his own page anonymously, then posed as CAD fans admonishing the vandalism. This was like Christmas, and my birthday all rolled into one email.

Dear fan who wished to remain anonymous. One thing Mike Wieringo LOVED to do with me was gossip like a fucking bored housewife. He would have FUCKING LOVED THIS SHIT!

Thank you for this. It made a difficult day better.

Edited by alive she cried

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this rather shocking:

(from comments on the ZP post on Kotaku:)

Some of Buckley's fans started a guild (whose name escapes me at the moment) on the same server as the fans of PA and PvP. Buckley, being the attention whore he apparently is, joins said guild and gets promoted to an officer position (but not guild manager, this becomes important later). He stops playing for a few MONTHS and then goes on a bender, restarts his WoW account and apparently claims the guild is 'his' since it's 'based on his works' and he kicks several HUNDRED people from the guild overnight.

So a huge mob of people log in the next morning to: no guild... and the only people who are left are other officers who couldn't stop him because they were the same rank.

All this because he didn't want them 'representing him' or somesuch, because he had turned his back on WoW and was now an avid EVE Online player...

This wasn't a guild he started mind you, he was invited because the people who DID start it were fans of his work... WAY TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR YOUR FANS... >_<

It was Kurtz who coined the phrase 'Hurricane Buckley' btw :D He offered spots in all the PvP fan guilds to the refugees of Buckley's infantile behavior.

Class act that Buckley... I tell ya... :P

Yeah, the guy's a total douche. To the max. Possibly beyond.

I can't remark enough how pleased I am that the internet has finally wised up on this asshole Buckley. I've disliked him from the start - of which being the time I sent him an e-mail sharing my opinion about one of his blogs, to where he replied back to me, quote: "Well, obviously I don't give a fuck about what your opinion is." Aww there, there.

Riiiiight. If anything its more prevalent among professionals.

nah, i dont buy it. you show me other graphic artists that're known beyond banning complaints in their own forums, but actively sabatoge rival artist wiki pages. You dont see that from everyone; taking down an entire artist's page to say "(x) sucks" is something kids do, much less faking an attack on your own wiki page. cmon now.

nah, i dont buy it. you show me other graphic artists that're known beyond banning complaints in their own forums, but actively sabatoge rival artist wiki pages. You dont see that from everyone; taking down an entire artist's page to say "(x) sucks" is something kids do, much less faking an attack on your own wiki page. cmon now.

I can't name an artist, but I can mention an author by the name of Nikolas Pachione that has realeased stories under other authors' names, published other people's stories without asking, and phoned and emailed death threats to other writers.

I can't name an artist, but I can mention an author by the name of Nikolas Pachione that has realeased stories under other authors' names, published other people's stories without asking, and phoned and emailed death threats to other writers.

So you're trying to argue that because a small percentage of creative professionals act like dicks, I should expect creative professionals to act like dicks? That's idiotic. People who are famous shouldn't get a pass when they're dicks because their famous, they should be held to the same standard as anyone else. You can probably list any number of professionals who are dicks, but considering the whole spectrum I can guarantee they won't be the majority.

No, for one it's not as small a percentage as you think, and for two you're holding them to a standard that just because they're popular they should behave on some higher level from us lowly peons, I don't condone his behavior, I'm just saying he's really no worse than most people would be. And his actions are prickish but I mean you constantly harass the guy and what do you think he's going to do, he's going to react in whatever way he sees fit EVERYBODY rags on Tim Buckley, it's the new cool thing to do with your low rent shitty web comic.

1)Mention Jesus

2)Make Portal references

3)Titties

4)Mock ctrl-alt-del

So what we've basically established is that Buckley has an ego on him, doesn't take criticism very well, pisses on people who he doesn't like, and goes about doing things they way he wants, fuck everyone else.

kinda sounds like Frank Miller

So what we've basically established is that Buckley has an ego on him, doesn't take criticism very well, pisses on people who he doesn't like, and goes about doing things they way he wants, fuck everyone else.

kinda sounds like Frank Miller

I was gonna say John Byrne.

Yeah, with the exception of number 1 (That's like saying he referenced Charlton Heston by mentioning guns) you're dead on, and this is what I'm saying. Everybody rags on him for shit they do themselves, I've seen far more douchy webcomic artists than Tim Buckley, he's just the famous one.

Yeah, with the exception of number 1 (That's like saying he referenced Charlton Heston by mentioning guns) you're dead on, and this is what I'm saying. Everybody rags on him for shit they do themselves, I've seen far more douchy webcomic artists than Tim Buckley, he's just the famous one.

Fine, so he just mentioned a couple of the ten commandments. It's not Jesus, but it's still invoking another's faith as a means to prove their own point.

Fine, so he just mentioned a couple of the ten commandments. It's not Jesus, but it's still invoking another's faith as a means to prove their own point.

I meant more like this:

20060220h.jpg

easter.jpg

Warning_Jesus_Joke_FULL.jpg

resurrection.gif

jesus-does-his-taxes.png

130px-JesusALP.jpg

In all those cases the fact that it's Jesus is the punchline, which used to be funny before everybody started doing it and now it's just annoying and bad writing.

Jesus is the new "The Cake is a Lie"

wow, i wish i liked a huge d-bag enough to defend him because its somehow against the grain.

Byrne, much less Millar, have done antagonist things, no doubt, but you dont get to name drop either one till you can show they did the shit this guy did. None of them had a temper tantrum on someone's wiki page, showed their junk to kids, took down servers etc. if you're gonna defend the guy for his works, go ahead, but these reaching comparisons arent helping.

if it was just about "taking criticism poorly", you'd be spot-on with byrne.

wow, i wish i liked a huge d-bag enough to defend him because its somehow against the grain.

Byrne, much less Millar, have done antagonist things, no doubt, but you dont get to name drop either one till you can show they did the shit this guy did. None of them had a temper tantrum on someone's wiki page, showed their junk to kids, took down servers etc. if you're gonna defend the guy for his works, go ahead, but these reaching comparisons arent helping.

if it was just about "taking criticism poorly", you'd be spot-on with byrne.

I haven't seen proof he did anything but take criticism poorly it's easy to say "Oh, I got his IP address and I found this." I have no more reason to believe that he did do it than I do that he didn't do it. One of the biggest haters (the hockey zombie guy) is easily twice the douche that Buckley is. All he's truly guilty of is being a dick, that's pretty much it, have you noticed that all these stories when taken from different perspectives change, like first the girl he sent pictures to was 14, then she was a 16 year old and a 17 year old. First the WoW was his guild, but in another one it says he was just invited to join by the fans. Pardon me for not taking the word of somebody who has a blog dedicated to ruining webcomic artists reputations, I'm not going to buy this just cause I read it on the internet. Maybe he did do a lot of this shit, maybe not, I have no reason to believe either way. I've seen the arguments stacked against him and when the "HE COPY/PASTES!" argument went stale they moved on to plagiarism and a lot of the other shit cited and when none of that took they started attacking his character. I see a lot of "he said she said" going on and I'm not buying it till I see any proof, nor am I discounting it for the same reason. Anyway now everybody's got this whole miscarriage fuck-up to talk about for the next few months till those jokes get stale and they dig something else up.

Tim Buckley is a douche, he acts like a prick and then deletes, bans, shuts down servers to cover his tracks delete any hatespeak toward him from existence. But I'm not going to naturally assume that that means he lives in a giant tower shaped like a swastika and eats babies all afternoon.

which is the problem behind all this: no one is saying he doesn't have a temper or isn't arrogant, the problem is the allegations against him with no evidence to support it.

I might as well call you child molester, Nick, and I'd have just as much evidence as they do.