Hondo's Bar

CTRL+ALT+DEL

archangel

CTRL+ALT+DEL  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might as well call you child molester, Nick, and I'd have just as much evidence as they do.

oh yes, you might as well. i might as well never deny things and instead make it all go away. no, its not an admission but i can call it like i see it. still, point's moot without something more.

eh. look, this isnt some holy crusade; im content to say i think the guy's work is lame and walk away from it. i dont follow people going beyond a passing shitting on things they dont like, though i do think the idea of calvin & hobbes fans in the day publicly denouncing family circus wouldve been grand.

i also understand joel wanted to defend the guy's douchebaggery based on being a fan of his work, that's fair too. im just surprised you (baytor) not only discount the link from Kurtz (PvP) that included IP checks, but more importantly, make this analogous to byrne (again, a far better example than miller). Byrne's known for being an opinionated cock at conventions, but a) he's put in years of quality that's still some of the best books like X-men saw, and b) he's a tyrant of his own forum - and to be fair, i go signing up to his, buckley, anybody's forum just to shit on them and get banned, no bitching there. I'm saying: dude doesnt take down Peter David's wiki and write "cock." Giving a pass for a lack of professionalism like that, you just threw me off, man.

I think that Penny-Arcade strip was more than just "Jesus was the punchline." It was the idea that Jesus would return, but it was only a tease because he was only here to check out fried twinkies. That's genuinely funny, and it's different from just have Jesus randomly appear in lieu of a real joke.

Personally, I don't know why think because an issue about Tim Buckley's character? Did Tim Buckley as someone on Hondo's on a date? Is he asking one of us to spot him a few hundred bucks? Is he asking one of us to co-sign on a mortgage? Is he running for a seat on the local school board in an upcoming election? Cause if he's just a guy trying to making a living writing and drawing comics on his own terms, I thinking I can comfortably file this under shit that I don't care about. I like CAD, others might or might not. If you don't like it, don't read it.

i also understand joel wanted to defend the guy's douchebaggery based on being a fan of his work, that's fair too.

that's neither true nor fair. The ONLY thing I'm saying is that the bigger points (the more crazy stuff) is unsubstantiated at best circumstantial at most. You can't make those kinds of accusations without substantive proof, Nick. If he wanted to, he could sue those other guys for libel and at the least win a cease and desist.

I'm not writing off his DB-ness: he was being a jerk. I'm talking about the things we know to be true, like the wiki page, not things that are unproven even remotely, like the 16 yr old girl.

How many times have I been accused of things here and have only answered with 'I will not justify that with a response'? Does that make me guilty of the action, refusing to deny it? That's absurd.

Also, in your two points, a is purely a subjective point of view without unbiased fact. You didn't need it, B was enough.

that'd be a funny court case.

im entitled to use my own judgement on things, and yeah, if people come at you about showing your cock to underage kids on a site, and you ban everyone who talked about it - even those who defended you - without bothering to say word one on it, im entitled to say, yeah, sounds (to me) like you did it. as jax pointed out, i dont know the guy, only go on what ive read and much of that says d-bag, doenst instill the kinda faith to give the benefit of the doubt when someone handles something like that. It was me, id want to say my piece (not show it. see what i did there?).

its circumstantial evidence in the court of the NZA, doesnt mean anything more than that.

also, about a):

a) he's put in years of quality that's still some of the best books like X-men saw

hey, everything in art can be subjective and such, but honestly? you coudlnt get any marvel editor or writer on x-books to name you the top 3 writers the book's seen without naming Byrne. his ego drives me fucking nuts too and i love seeing the guy get fucked with, but that doesnt take things like The Dark Phoenix Saga from under his belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit look at all this controversy. Where can a nigga read up on all this scandal without it being deleted or censored by the subject? SHowing his dick to folks? The hell?! ANd what'sa up with miscarriage monthly?

Just wanting to know what we're all discussing here. Is the TB guy the MM of Webcomics?

PS- Jesus is an almost regular character in PA and has been since the early days, and his love of baked goods be well known in those circles.

PS

Ctrl+Alt+Del has pulled out the big guns for major likage:

In the meantime, we have given the smaller kitten, tentatively named River (we're not sure if its a boy or girl... we think its a girl) a home in my guest bedroom.

kit.jpg

Until she is checked out by a vet (we have an appointment this week), she will remain quarantined and away from the dogs. She's young enough (10-12 weeks is our guess) that I feel confident that even though she is a wild cat, with a little bit of patience she can still be socialized. She's made a lot of progress over just the past few days, taking right to using the litter box, eating cat food, and even being cuddly and playful.

We'll get her checked out, handle any medical problems she may have, get her started on all of her vaccinations before making the decision, but I'm pretty confident we'll give her a home here. If we can manage to trap the sibling we'll do the same, or at least socialize it and then find it a good home.

Edited by MetalHeart

Holy shit look at all this controversy. Where can a nigga read up on all this scandal without it being deleted or censored by the subject? SHowing his dick to folks? The hell?! ANd what'sa up with miscarriage monthly?

Just wanting to know what we're all discussing here. Is the TB guy the MM of Webcomics?

PS- Jesus is an almost regular character in PA and has been since the early days, and his love of baked goods be well known in those circles.

He does come off as the MM of webcomics, doesn't he?

PS- Jesus and Satan show up pretty frquently in The Devil's Panties and SinFest, as well.

look, unless the creator's a friend of yours, i stand by this: i read a few compilations in .cbr format from a while back that veered between criminally unfunny and just meh.

I appreciate baytor's comic about how all of us on the internet are uncreative haters that cant do any better, but i dont gotta do a webcomic to know when shit's bad, and quite frankly, that one's the web equivalent of Cathy. I can see its demographic somewhere in the horizon, but only if i squint a lot.

look, unless the creator's a friend of yours, i stand by this: i read a few compilations in .cbr format from a while back that veered between criminally unfunny and just meh.

I appreciate baytor's comic about how all of us on the internet are uncreative haters that cant do any better, but i dont gotta do a webcomic to know when shit's bad, and quite frankly, that one's the web equivalent of Cathy. I can see its demographic somewhere in the horizon, but only if i squint a lot.

Oh sure the one person on the whole of the fucking internets that agrees with me that Devil's Panties is nothing more than Cathy with spiked heels and he's my sworn enemy in this thread.

Man, you go digging through Penny Arcade and miscarriage aside (seriously there's just no defense for that one and I'm not even going to try) you point out to me one stupid thing that Ctrl-Alt-Del has done that they haven't, fucking one.

Christ, makes me hope that when I get a proper site up and running my webcomics never get more popular than the circle of 20-30 people I know. You gain some popularity and suddenly you're defacing the wiki of a 16-year-old girl and showing your dick to Scott Kurtz.

Man, you go digging through Penny Arcade and miscarriage aside (seriously there's just no defense for that one and I'm not even going to try) you point out to me one stupid thing that Ctrl-Alt-Del has done that they haven't, fucking one.

the church of gaming, for one?

you know what, let's look at that statement in & of itself: i cant look through CAD and find one stupid thing PA didnt do before. isnt this a problem?

dont make me make PA out to be the simpsons of webcomics here

I'm not arguing with that either, I'm just saying if you're going to hate Ctrl-Alt-Del for that shit you're going to have to hate the rest of the internet by principle. And everybody makes a big deal out of the church of fucking gaming, Peter Griffin made the church of the Fonz which was no more original OR funny and people didn't fly off the handle about that, Christ.

So, everyone's kicking up a stink about this guy posting a comic about his character's or real life abortion? Aside from it being unfunny and slightly morbid, what's the big deal I'm missing here?

There was a comic he did that dealt with one of the main characters having a miscarriage it was a play at drama that went a bit too far and now everyone and their dog is pointing out that as why it sucks. Don't get me wrong some of them are pretty funny but it's just a case of... how was it described in the Lorelei thread, antagonizing him until he shows his "true" colors.

• 4 years later...

good-news-everyone.jpg

Seems to have finally ended.

I'd like to thank all of you for the last ten incredible years. For over a decade I have had the privilege and honor of doing something I absolutely love for a living, and of sharing it with all of you wonderful people.

It is all of you that has made that possible for me, that have given me ten years of amazing, unforgettable experiences and memories. So from every corner of my heart, thank you.