Hondo's Bar

CTRL+ALT+DEL

archangel

CTRL+ALT+DEL  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh. "why isnt anyone commenting on my irrelevant post?"

alright then, if you're reading CAD for the "story", more power to you. if its for the overwhelming number of pop culture strips...hey, to each their own, but ive laughed more at Dork Tower.

• 2 months later...
unfortunately, arch you are correct

20080602.jpg

ha ha ha,

i was so wrong about ctrl+alt+del it's brillaint

yahtzee agrees with me

Yes yes, that's old news by now Cyanide and Happiness and Bigger Than Cheeses got to it weeks before Yahtzee did. It's the worst fuckup in the history of webcomics and there's no defense for it, lets move on.

I disagree. If it were an actual plot line, we'd be getting uninterrupted development, not one story comic a week and two filler comics that return to the old ways. He devoted more attention to Ethan in Space and his choose your own adventure - and why? Because it was a silly, lighthearted number that he knew how to do.

Anyway. In the wake of Yahtzee's video I got to read all the history of how Tim showed his piece to a 16 year old girl. So I really don't care about him anymore.

Well, again, even he says he can't confirm that.

However, if he did it, that's really fucked up

Timmy boy never denied it, but the behavior of banning anybody even remotely related to it, anybody who mentioned it, and deleting an entire forum as a response is a tad severe for an innocent person. The other stuff that IS provable, however, shows him to be something of a narcissistic ass.

oh, i don't doubt the ego (wouldn't go as far as narcissism), he's a big personality and it shows. But honestly, alot of people have their style of art, and Buckley's is consistent. The CAD Logo could very well be from the Avenger's A, but again, I feel this guy is reaching for no other reason than to start shit.

If you say (and rightly so) that Buckley's arrogant, than what does it say from this guy and his entire blog dedicated to destroying the reps of those he doesn't like?

finally;

Timmy boy never denied it,

doesn't mean he did it.

I dunno, I saw that entire thing as petty, and the jumping to conclusions and stretches are pretty big, so I wouldn't base your opinion on a guy with an axe to grind.

Edited by archangel

Timmy boy never denied it, but the behavior of banning anybody even remotely related to it, anybody who mentioned it, and deleting an entire forum as a response is a tad severe for an innocent person. The other stuff that IS provable, however, shows him to be something of a narcissistic ass.

True, but in all honesty that just proves he's a bit nuts and can't deal with confrontation. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying one does not necessarily mean the other. One of the them was legal in a good portion of the US anyway so it's really only the 16-year-old that mattered. I am in agreement with Joel though, if that's true it's pretty fucked up.

And the other stuff was a bunch of nitpicking, okay he's vane is anybody familiar with most artists and writers? Alan Moore is a solid block of narcissism, and writers... christ most writers will tell you that they cut themselves off less from their fans and more from the people in their profession. We have a hateful email written to a writer who made fun of him, that's like shooting at somebody and then calling them hostile when they shoot back.

And the "plagiarism" he mentioned was weak, like every gaming comic ever made has used most if not all of those things at one point or another, and the CAD symbol looking like the Red Dwarf symbol is only a slight resemblance and even if it is so what, I used to intentionally make my comic "company" seal look like the old DC comics emblem, it's not as if it's illegal.

So there's really only one and a half valid arguments in that entire thing, those being A) He showed his cock to a 16-year old girl (allegedly), and B) He's a bit of a prick. Jesus lets go get the kerosene and pitchforks.

I wasn't advocating pitchforks, I'm just saying I don't give him ad revenue by refusing to visit his site. :/ And it's not just that one article, it's just that particular article links to most of the problems people have with him. The Encyclopedia Dramatica also has more stuff on him. *shrug*

I wasn't advocating pitchforks, I'm just saying I don't give him ad revenue by refusing to visit his site. :/ And it's not just that one article, it's just that particular article links to most of the problems people have with him. The Encyclopedia Dramatica also has more stuff on him. *shrug*

I was more referencing the hostility of the article and the problems the internet as a whole which are for the most part really not that bad. You want narcissism, check out this fucker.