Hondo's Bar

Guns

This is a thread for pimping your guns/guns you shoot.

pics and videos appreciated.

so i'll start.

unfortunately i don't actually own any guns myself :FHD:

but fortunately i have fiends that do :D

so here's a pic of me shooting

a remington 870 marine magnum pump action shotgun

DSC03894.jpg

a video of me shooting a remington 870 marine magnum pump action shotgun

the cameraman was so captivated by my rotundness that he forgot to shoot me

shooting the balloons until the last one

this is a video of me shooting a friends Benelli M1 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun

this is actually the first time i ever fired the gun.

so here's me breaking my semi-automatic cherry.

god, i can't wait for the automaticness of miami

nice! i think sig has an armory thread though, no?

im thinking when ive got the $, ill get a gloc 9mm with a proper laser sighting built modified under the barrel. Last time i went shooting with hondonians, i realized (for me) there wasnt much more kick to a .40 than a 9, and i felt it handled a bit better but it might've just been those pieces, i should really try again before i settle on anything. Ive found a great safe to keep such a thing in as well.

under the "automatics ill prolly never get to fire since im not military" category, the P90 currently tops the list.

P90--.png

nice! i think sig has an armory thread though, no?

if that 's just about pimping guns, then feel free to merge

im thinking when ive got the $, ill get a gloc 9mm with a proper laser sighting built modified under the barrel.

ahh the nagger gun.

you're listening to too much gangsta rap

ARG!!!!!!

this was bait to get me into the sports forum.

Damn you!!!

I don't take close ups of my guns,

but heres some links to what i shoot.

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFamily?typ...tin%20Stainless

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFamily?typ...n=Bull%20Barrel

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFamily?typ...tion=P345%C2%AE

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?m...05&return=Y

That charger is SO MUCH FUN!

nice.

what state do you live in?

is concealed carry allowed?

ahh the nagger gun.

you're listening to too much gangsta rap

yeah, i know its a popular model, but i think there's a reason. glocs are said to hold up well over time, there's more than enough rounds in the clip (i'm not the hardcore type that needs a magnum with hollow points or something), and again, it handled well, but then so did the 40 cal. really, if i saw a deal on either/similar model, and i had the $ id be tempted to go with it.

again, yeah its like a default but because ive been firing friends/other people's guns, its prolly the one ive handled the most 's all. my old man started me (in the day) on some crappy 22 or whatever it was, and after that, anything decently calibrated feels solid, you know? i'm not a gunsmith here, im open to suggestion.

i dunno man; was i off in saying the 9 handled like a .40? cause that's what i felt. .22 felt like uh, the arm cannon mega man always starts with.

remember, it'd just be for hitting the range every once in a while & last resort type shit. i mean, by bigger, are you thinking terminators might show up? does a 9 not have the stopping power id assumed it did?

• 2 months later...

Oh man, i know this has been done to death, but in my time in the Army Reserve i got to fire

Standard 9mm Pistol - Bap - Linky Its ancient, but fun nontheless

9mm Sub Machine Gun - Vicious, if you dropped it, it'd unload a mag!

kp_m45b.jpg

FN SAL - 7.62mm - Heavy cunt, but awesome power and accuracy

5064-04.jpg

Steyr 5.56mm Assault Rifle - Standard Barrel - Lightweight, accurate bull pup design.

aug_r.jpg

Bren LMG - 0.303inch Rounds - Awesome, just a shame it wasn't belt fed! Made famous in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells

"What the fuck is that?" "It's me bren!"

Bren1.jpg

GPMG - 7.62mm Belt Fed

gpmg.jpg

I've also fired Mortars, Grenades, Rocket Launcher, and 0.50 Cal Machine Gun.

A friend of mine is a detective, and he got me in the police range where i got to shoot an uzi, glock, and m16.

I used to go shooting with my uncle as a wee lad and he let me fire his hunting rifle and his shotgun. I was too young to remember the calibers or names.

In the Irish Army reserve I got to fire the Steyr 5.56mm (the Aussie army use a variant of the same weapon i understand) and the Bren. Got to carry the GPMG but never fired it (before I requested discharge I was outranked by SoF so no GPMG on my course :FHD:). Actually have a shitload of the 303 round casings in my room back home. The Steyr is a pleasure to fire. In our standard range practices we'd do 100, 200 and 300 meters.

Also got to load and fire a 25lb field artillery gun a few times (i was artillery corp, Sof was infantry) which is as phallic and as wonderful as it gets. Heres a video I found of my gun detachment firing it in camp a few years back, it was the last shoot before our regiment got reorganised and renamed (im the lanky one near the back): It wont let me embed so heres a LINK

aw man, i was trying to think of a way to throw that into the mix, but i keep remembering hondo's-con and thought id walk on by. well done though, joel.

was talking guns with my roomate eli (Stunt double), and - mentioned this before earlier - having handled a glock 9mm and a 40 cal both, they were (for me) surprisingly similar in handling. he said this mighhtve had something to do with (i forget the term) but air releases around the slide, which made sense. anyone else ever notice this?

anyway, still wanted to get one of those down the road.

Yeah that's... Real classy Joel.

On the matter of guns, My neighbor Paul was telling me about a reasonably priced shooting range over on the northside somewhere I'm itching to try out since the only one I know of currently is on the Gold Coast and charges like, $100 to fire off six rounds of a .44 or someshit.

Archived