Hondo's Bar

Rambo 5

Acalis

It's official, there WILL be a Rambo 5! Full article can be found here.

Rambo 5 A Reality

September 12, 2008 | by Niall Browne

It just goes to show - you can’t keep a good man down!

It looks like Sylvester Stallone is set to return to the role of John Rambo in… you guessed it, Rambo 5.

Lionsgate has appointed former Universal honcho Alli Shearmur to run the studio and one of the films in their production pipe line is Rambo 5.

Much like Rambo/ John Rambo (depending on where you live) it will be written and directed by Stallone. The fifth film in the mega-action franchise will shoot in Bulgaria and is expected to go before cameras reasonably soon.

The last Rambo made $113 million worldwide and it must have made a killing on DVD - there have been rumors circling since the release of the last installment, but many never thought that Stallone would pull the trigger on another movie. However, now that it’s on the Lionsgate production it’s a certainty.

Besides, Stallone has been quiet of late, I can only presume that he’s been hitting the gym and knocking out a screenplay.

I suppose if Arnold can pop up in Terminator Salvation, then Stallone can tie that bandanna once more.

Rambo: Fifth Blood anyone?

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Stallone talked about this one shortly after Rambo came out and honestly, this newest one was the best of the series and just an all around good movie so I'm all set for another one, there have been rumors that this one might deal with the son of the Sheriff from First Blood trying to get revenge (Which goes against the book's plot, but then again Rambo died in the book)

Stallone talked about this one shortly after Rambo came out and honestly, this newest one was the best of the series and just an all around good movie so I'm all set for another one, there have been rumors that this one might deal with the son of the Sheriff from First Blood trying to get revenge (Which goes against the book's plot, but then again Rambo died in the book)

Did the Sheriff die in the first one? It was rather ambiguous as to his fate at the end of First Blood.

As for possible plot lines, who knows! I remember an earlier plot idea for Rambo 4 was about his daughter getting kidnapped by some militia guys, so who knows if that might get resurrected for this one.

I know I definitely loved Rambo 4 (and yes I will call it Rambo 4 cuz that's what it is to me!), and I can't wait for the next one!

Did the Sheriff die in the first one? It was rather ambiguous as to his fate at the end of First Blood.

As for possible plot lines, who knows! I remember an earlier plot idea for Rambo 4 was about his daughter getting kidnapped by some militia guys, so who knows if that might get resurrected for this one.

I know I definitely loved Rambo 4 (and yes I will call it Rambo 4 cuz that's what it is to me!), and I can't wait for the next one!

He took about 10 rounds from an M60, if he lived he surely wished that he didn't. Who knows, John Rambo may become the next Billy Jack and just go around the country kicking the ass of whatever ne'er-do-well he comes upon.

He took about 10 rounds from an M60, if he lived he surely wished that he didn't. Who knows, John Rambo may become the next Billy Jack and just go around the country kicking the ass of whatever ne'er-do-well he comes upon.

Yeah but he was still alive after getting shot, and in the end they show him on a stretcher being loaded onto an ambulance, so maybe he survived, I dunno.

Yeah but he was still alive after getting shot, and in the end they show him on a stretcher being loaded onto an ambulance, so maybe he survived, I dunno.

Alive or dead, he's not doing so well and could at least be crippled and if nothing else a potential son could just be pissed and decide to get revenge.

I hear the previous one was a mindless cathartic bloodfest. I wish to see it very much.

Rambo 5 bodes well for me.

Not really. It is a bloodfest but it's got a pretty good message, what it is is lacking in dialog. Rambo doesn't talk a lot, I think he speaks like one page of dialog throughout. And what dialog there is is primarily spoken by a bunch of spitting swearing merceneries, one of whom is the most annoying British SAS officer in the entire universe. But in the end it's a lot more than just an excuse to watch John Rambo gibltize a Burmese soldier with a gun turret. (though that doesn't hurt)

• 4 months later...

I'll see it, but I'm more interested in Stallone's other current project, The Expendables or something like that. Not so much cause it's another Stallone action movie, but because he's recruited(or tried to recruit) about half of Hollywood's current and former action movie stars to be in the fucking thing. Already signed on are Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren(Rocky 4 rematch?), plus Forrest Whittaker, Ben Kingsley, and the UFC's Randy Couture.

Jean Claude Van Damme was actually contacted for a role but turned it down because he "didn't want his career going in that direction"("that direction" being "up" I guess), so Dolph got the part instead(one Universal Soldier says no, so get the other one I suppose). And Couture's part was originally planned for Wes Snipes, but that whole tax evasion/jail thing put an end to that. And, according to some sources, old Sly even reached out to Arnold to see if he could find time for a part, but sadly that was a no go too.

Seriously, if Stallone tries for Norris or Seagal, I don't think there's ANY old school actiong guy he hasn't at least tried for...

Yes the Expendables sounds like it's going to be fucking great. I heard that there's supposed to be a fight scene between Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li.

I can understand Van Damme turning it down, after JCVD he may be actually trying to salvage a career. Norris is probably too busy doing total body fitness ads, and Seagal can fuck off he's worn out his welcome.

He's currently working on Universal Soldier:The Next Generation.

I really don't think anymore needs to be said.

Oh everybody's doing redos of their best 80s series (Except Mel Gibson, cause he is a biiiiitch) and if Rambo can be a good movie after that godawful part 3 then this can too. Plus lets be honest Universal Soldier was actually one of his better films. And give the man some credit, he turned down Street Fight: The Legend of Chun-Li

"Oh everybody's doing redos of their best 80s series"

I'm not sure doing direct to DVD sequels of action movies that weren't huge to begin with counts as "salvaging a career" though. Certainly not as much as starring in a theatrical, apparently big budget action movie with a LOT of names in it.

"Plus lets be honest Universal Soldier was actually one of his better films."

Maybe, though that still sorta like discussing which blunt force trauma to the head is more pleasant. If I gotta go with a JC movie, I'll go with either Hard Target(it's watered down John Woo, but it's still John Woo, plus Lance Henricksen is in it) or Sudden Death(mainly cause of Powers Boothe).

"And give the man some credit, he turned down Street Fight: The Legend of Chun-Li"

Well, I never accused the guy of being bright, but I didn't say he was actually brain dead, either...

Man, you want Seagal (a man who hasn't been in a good movie since ever) to be in this, begone with your mouth words.

Uhh, did you read what I wrote? I said Seagal is one of the only big action stars from back in the day that Stallone hasn't at least tried to get, not that I wanted him to get him.

• 1 month later...
Uhh, did you read what I wrote? I said Seagal is one of the only big action stars from back in the day that Stallone hasn't at least tried to get, not that I wanted him to get him.

Just an update on The Expendables. Ben Kingsley is OUT, but Stone Cold Steve Austin is now IN. Eric Roberts is in as well(yeah, I know the name doesn't carry the same heft as Stallone or Li, but I gotta be thorough here), as is Charisma Carpenter(I don't know her myself, but I suppose the Buffy fans can decide if this is good or bad news). Additionally, Ahnold himself has confirmed that he IS going to do a cameo in the movie. Lotta rumors and sources citing that Danny Trejo will be involved too, though that's not official yet and could wind up to be just more rumor mongering.