Hondo's Bar

Silent Bob's site - Pimpin' My Work

Silent Bob

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. Bravo. How regularly are you planning on followin up. Weekly? Biweekly? Wheneverthehellyoufeelslikeitly? I'm sure you're aware fo the Dante and Randal parallel in DJ and Brett, but the part where it has Brett saying "You know he's your hero" sounded in my mind alot like when Randal told Dante "you know I'm your hero" after the spitting on the customer incident. I'm not sure if you're tryign to go for something like that or if you'd like to stick to Dante-and-Randelisms, but either way, make sure you don't give give a backwards baseball cap. Wacky insightfull best friends with backwards baseball caps are Kevin Smith's schtick.

But hey, it really great. You have a cool looking lineup of characters (the Viking seemed odd) and it looks like you could really go places with this. If you become the next Watterson or Larson or Amend, I call dibbed on some autographed originals.

Yep, JMT, fully aware of the Dante and Randal parallel. I think I even referred to it specifically in the cast page. I'm glad someone picked it up, though :D Thanks. And people can consider it an homage or a ripoff if they want, but the truth of the matter is, the characters are written like that because that's how we all are in real life (backwards baseball cap and all).

that's how we all are in real life (backwards baseball cap and all).

Well, not everyone is like that. Just the kind of people that post here. So, will DJ and Brett be more like the Dante and Randal of Clerks or Dante and Randal of Clerks: The Animated Series? Basically, will they hang out all day and complain about stuff, or will they go on zany adventures? Plus, are you going to go no holds barred with the fart and dick jokes, not to mention the word 'fuck' and such?

If you're all like Kevin Smith characters in real life, wil there be a Jay and Silent Bob? Will there be a gay black man who has to pretend to me a militant black panther to get professional respect? Oh please say there will be a gay black man who has to pretend to me a militant black panther to get professional respect.

There ya go Bob, :D ing aint easy! Hell, look at DA JUDGE, he not only updates both boards, he emails us too - now that's persistance.

PS Ill leave this here a bit, then move it to Monty Python's, the links page. ive decided to pin up member pages there.

I did notice the counter was up real high. This call for a celebration! Open the grape Kool-Aid Jug, but pretend it's champange! Let the good times roll! The only thing to do now is put intensive ViewAskew references in each strip and email everyone of them to newsaskew. You need a talkative drugdealer and non-verbal hetero life partner duo. You can rename the strip to 'Artists' and put it in the Clerks cut-n-paste type font. Make sure they play hockey on the roof and attend wakes. And have them work at a convienent store and video rental place. And change there names to Dante and Randal. And...wait a minute, why don't you just do what you were gonna do anyway and hope people notice it and like it too.

Thanks, Stimp. I do plan to re-do a few strips in color, eventually, but I'm gonna try to do it, m'self. I'm hoping the art school that so much of my money is going into has taught me somethin'. If that doesn't work out, though, you're on my list. In the meantime...

RA fixed most've those problems for you guys. And on top of that, check out what we've got working.

http://forums.keenspace.com/viewforum.php?f=799

'S our own forum. So, c'mon, we need some people to join and post. Granted, I can't guarantee the witty conversations we have in this forum, (ahem) but still, 's worth a shot.