Hondo's Bar

Silent Bob's site - Pimpin' My Work

Silent Bob

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Season 2 of my webcomic has finally started. Y'all should check it out, we've got some cool new stuff. Lesse, we expanded (and redesigned) the cast page so now, instead of the original 11 characters on it, it has a whopping 27! We've got a new "interactive" map of the school campus so people can orient themselves on where things happen. Aaand we've got a page that shows people the reallife counterparts of some of our characters. I'm so proud!

Um, the new features are all nice, but you ended on a cliff hanger and had a break between seasons. The only thing that makes a cliffhanger followed by a break is an awesome season premiere. What kinda way to start a new season is that? Not that it was bad, but you're supposed to get one with the girlfriend getting pregnant storyline. I haven't felt so ripped off since South Park ended the first season with Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut and started the second season with Not Without My Anus instead of Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut.

Snoogins.

Poor Jax. You're gonna feel jipped with the red herring that is the pregnancy storyline. I'm afraid that one's going nowhere, yet. Don't blame me, it's autobiographical. I'll throw some real wrenches into the works soon, though - ones that don't end in cliffhangers.

New stuff looks good, way to tie up the cliffhanger, that one was great! Also, any creative explanation for Jess' creative re-design? From your "cast" page, everyone seems dead-on these days, that's really cool.

You know, youve a chance now to run with that "Season 1's Jess was a clone!" arc youve been throwin around for a while now, SB....

I'm really diggin it man, great work!

Ah, yes, actually I get that'n a lot, IC. It's one of the problems with trying to make the characters exactly like the people I know. The girl who I just introduced in Season 2 is Jess my girlfriend, webmistress, RubysAngel on here. The girl from Season 1 that you're probably talking about is Jenn my best - well, former best friend. Two different people, but everyone mixes 'em up, understandably. If I could legally change their names I would. Luckily they don't really like each other much, so I don't think they'll ever be on-screen at the same time.

Jess - JessPortrait1.jpg Jenn - JennPortrait1.jpg

Edited by Silent Bob

Oh, trust me, I've thought of it. I've even thrown in a couple really vague references here and there about it that only they'd notice (off the top of my head was the scene after Escape from Lakeland, when Kevin thinks I've been sleeping with Jenn...I imagine he wasn't the only one) but I decided it was better for my relationship with the both of them (though one has particularly deteriorate in recent months) to not make it so much of an issue.

If you're talking about the apartment number, then it's actually the former. It is meant to be a subtle reference. I use 42 (and 37, of course) whenever I get the chance, just to make that subtle reference. If you look on the campus map the road going down the left side is SR 3742.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was just another ma-... no, fuck, I'm not falling for that. Yeah it was a busy Monday, but then they're all busy Mondays now. Thanks to school and Keen being a bitch (like it is again, today) I've fallen behind. I should be able to catch back up and start up again next manic Monday. Assuming Keen fixes itself by then...