Hondo's Bar

Acting

The NZA

(should this be in arts?) so yeah, that video i put in blargh got me watching this guy on youtube, and he's pretty good. I had to do some Glengarry Glenn Ross (and some Raging Bull, which was fucking awesome) in a college acting class, was a really fun experience but i was nowhere near as good as this guy. Check it out:

that's Alec Baldwin on top of his game, there. for reference:

more to come. put up some of your favorite moments in acting.

This guy was a bit meh for me at first, but he's kinda grown on me after watching more of his clips. He's got a great voice and you gotta admire his commitment to acting. His TWILIGHT scene was hilarious. And the alliteration scene from V For Vendetta makes me want to re-watch Hugo Weaving in that scene.

This is a great scene w/ Juliette Lewis and DeNiro in one of the creepiest things in the history of ever:

Tom Cruise is underrated in my opinion. So many emotions going through this scene and he does it w/ such energy and intensity. The last line in this scene is just perfect delivery:

THAT GUY that you two are talking about in the first post of this here thread, is AWESOME. I'd watch him play the part of a 16-17 year old girl a thousand times over, and based soley on the youtube stuff i dare say he deserves an oscar nom, he's way better than Cats (as in i want to see him again and again ).

remember when brad pitt was good? not just 'sexy man married to A.J. good and acting like 'omg i'm brad pitt' in every fucking movie *coughtroyocenaseleventwelvethruwhatevercough*' but he actually acted???

thoooooose were the daaaays....

In Chuck P' s semi autobiography, "Fugitives and Refugees" he clearly states that Brad has claimed "Fight Club" as his true entrance into the acting world, and yet I've always thought of it as being "12 monkeys" that has pushed him into the limelight.

even in his most eccentric roles (such as "burn after reading") he's relived the same roles over and over.

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

oh dear god i almost forgort bencio del torro.

i can't find any clips of him solo in this movie, but he was fucking brillant, as was the inspiration (none other than doctor gonzo himself often imitated never duplicated, but damn near close to it by none other than mr. depp). One of the best casts ever, one of the most mindfucking brillant movies of all time.

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

This is a great scene w/ Juliette Lewis and DeNiro in one of the creepiest things in the history of ever:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teoH_0NwYz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teoH_0NwYz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teoH_0NwYz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You know what, I've watched a lot of Juliette Lewis movies in the past few years and I never noticed before how she can really only seem to play the shy and simple teenager that seems to have downs syndrome.

You know what, I've watched a lot of Juliette Lewis movies in the past few years and I never noticed before how she can really only seem to play the shy and simple teenager that seems to have downs syndrome.

or literally has downs syndrome.

41629.jpg

Edited by La Lindsay

Another guy who kinda/sorta gets overlooked (even though he does have an Oscar) is George Clooney.

The ending scene in Michael Clayton between he and Tilda Swinton, who I also think got an Oscar for her role int he film (right?), was awesome.

Spoiler Warning as this scene is the ending of the film:

• 1 year later...

I just stumbled upon some shocking information in the world of voice acting. The following is a chronological account of a career. See if you can figure it out.

Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling. You don't need to watch the whole clip ( I didn't), we're only interested in the voice of Hulk Hogan (hint: it isn't Hulk Hogan)

Next is Trypticon. The dinosaur transformer.

The Real Ghostbusters. Skip to 3:30. The voice we want is the demon Tolay. ("Sieze them")

The list goes on.

In The Adventures of Don Coyote and Sancho Panda he played the horse, Rosinante.

Goliath in the Batman animated series.

Big Dog in 2 Stupid Dogs.

Hydro Man in The Fantastic Four.

Greasepit in Biker Mice From Mars.

Jim Rage in The Tick.

Fatso in Casper.

Boss Beaver in Timon and Pumba.

Thuggo in Eek! The Cat.

Harry in the first Fallout game.

Lobo in Superman and later the Justice League.

And, most famously,

2edtf0x.jpg

Isn't that fucking weird?

• 1 year later...