Hondo's Bar

Nintendo 3DS

gunsmithx

ok after 50 pages in gaff it seems this is real, at E3, we'll see the next gen DS which will havd 3D with no glasses!!!!

holy fucking shit that could be amazing(yes yes it prints more and more money!) rumors have gc level graphics, and everything from acclectormotors to rumble in the stylus. will also be backwards compatible with DS and Dsi stuff. I'd post up some links but i'm lazy and I know nick will do that for me <3

This could be huge and in fact means that this E3 will be pretty massive(with natal and wtf sony movment thing and this) what other surpises will we have in store???

I'm torn on this issue; on one hand I love the idea of 3D without glasses. I wear glasses, I look silly in them and I look even sillier with glasses over my glasses. This idea is freaking amazing to me and i'm down.

On the other hand I have some close friends who through accidents or birth defects can't see 3D movies/games and a lot of them a huge nerds and they love the gaming but if a game relies too heavily on depth perception they can't play it. I guess they are the minority really so really it's not a huge deal to Nintendo. It's all bling bling either way to them.

It may be possible to have non 3d modes or that 3d will advance so that they can see it though I don't know enough about the condition(heck I didnt' even know about it till now) to really say.

Do you mean that they would have problems playing say... most fps or something like mario galaxy?

FPS's depending on the game are usually fine, platformers also touch and go. Some they can play some they can't. I'd need to have a sitdown with my friends sometime and figure it all out. I know one of my friends can't see any 3d movies and they all come out blurry to her.

I'm torn on this issue; on one hand I love the idea of 3D without glasses. I wear glasses, I look silly in them and I look even sillier with glasses over my glasses. This idea is freaking amazing to me and i'm down.

On the other hand I have some close friends who through accidents or birth defects can't see 3D movies/games and a lot of them a huge nerds and they love the gaming but if a game relies too heavily on depth perception they can't play it. I guess they are the minority really so really it's not a huge deal to Nintendo. It's all bling bling either way to them.

Too keep it real, DDR and Rock Band drums are hard to play for people in wheelchairs, games with voice command are hard for the mute to play, games with a lot of emphasis on sound can be hard for the deaf, and there are very few games that cater to the blind.

Too keep it real, DDR and Rock Band drums are hard to play for people in wheelchairs, games with voice command are hard for the mute to play, games with a lot of emphasis on sound can be hard for the deaf, and there are very few games that cater to the blind.

To quote myself from earlier: "I guess they are the minority really so really it's not a huge deal to Nintendo. It's all bling bling either way to them." I know it won't matter in the long run and I'm not gonna buy one just because my friends can't play. I just feel bad for them was really all I meant by it. Either way the system sounds awesome.

well, shit. that explains the rumors of new nintendo dev kits going about.

cant wait for games/price/etc info at E3. in related news, i bet ill be able to find a DSi XL on the cheap later this year, heh.

gamecube level graphics...im gonna have to see that, but yeah, holy shit if true.

was looking at the GAF thread to determine what's known vs what's speculation, sounds like it plays DS/DSi games fine (GBA is long gone here), screen size is < 4" (arrrgh ill wait on an XL), gotta wonder how many devs have kits going....you know, with the install base of the DS (didnt it pass the PS2, or not yet?) and now this thing getting a hardware boost allegedly on par with the gamecube ( :D ), i think this has the chance to be the first handheld im excited about seeing released. ive been so happy to see innovative JPRGs, adventure games and all kindsa things sadly not prominent on consoles this gen alive & kicking on DS.

you think the 3D function will work like the dual screen & mic did/do on the DS? meaning, its awesome that its there, but few companies past nintendo, capcom etc will actually put it to proper/awesome use? i mean, mic use is rare for games i play right now, and most times, the dual screen is either a map or inventory. i dont say this as a strike against the tech; nintendo put it out there but allowed devs to keep on making games the way they'd done long beforehand and only use these options as they pleased (unlike, let's say, motion controls as the default on the wii).

E3.png

seriously though, gun made a point: they cant just start this up now & premier it there, they'd likley have to've been working on it for a while now. i tend to think they're concentrating their 3D efforts on tv/consoles, but a PSP2 at E3 cant be ruled out.

• 2 months later...

some more rumors, IGN was saying they heard that ti will be more powerful then the wii(I think they said closer to the HD consoles but thats not very nintendo like) and some people have be wondering what they will copy from apple since they consider the iphone to be a threat.

One thing said would be to have it be able to read books and I wonder if maybe a partnership with them and amazon wouldn't work if thats the case. Amazon seems to want the kindle on every platform known to man and this gives the nintendo product access to a huge amount of ebooks across the world. it would feel like a win win for both(and if I'm amazon I'm at least giving nintendo a call if the ebooks thing is real.) This is complete and total random speculation on my part btw. one week to go.

ok have you not read the neo gaf threads at all?

your looking at a screen size roughly the size of the dsi xl, and people do read books on their iphone. Plus nintendo has stated that they consider the iphone to be a threat, it's just something and nothing is confired though. 2. This will be stronger then the ds because it is a next gen system for nintendo and they have coem out and said so. did you think the DS would be the same power level as the gba? and the rumors about gc minium level power comes from various sources(personally I don't think anywhere near the ps3 or xbos but past the psp, it's not hard to do anymore plus with the smaller screen size you can get things to look really really good with less power.)

yeah, people read books on their iphones. thats why the sell!

id love to see that rumor of it being "GC minimum level" true, im saying...im waiting for the presser. nintendo's had no real need to beef up their hardware this gen, sadly. miyamoto also called move & natal "threats", for what that's worth.

ps you're right though, im obviously keeping up with the other stuff more & kinda relying on you to tell me how this thing is shaping up, at least till its announcement/unveiling.

the 3ds isn't this gen(if you call the ds this gen anyway) it's next gen, keep that in mind. no reading isn't why the iphone sells but it is a fuction of it along with web browsing and such so I can see nintendo adding some of it's functionality to the 3ds in order to help compete. Some things arn't hard to do and you can use it as a selling point(oh little jimmy can play games and read books for school on it?) though tbh i don't think it'll happen.

500x_untitled-1_05.jpg

2vbs9wz.gif

Nintendo

• Animal Crossing
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Mario Kart
  • Nintendogs + Cats
  • Paper Mario
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Steel Diver

Activision

• DJ Hero 3D

AQ Interactive

• Cubic Ninja

Atlus

• Etrian Odyssey
  • Shin Megami Tensei:
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Capcom

• Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D

EA

• FIFA Soccer
  • Madden NFL
  • The Sims 3

Gameloft

• Asphalt GT

Harmonix

• (Untitled Music Game)

Hudson

• Bomberman
  • Deca Sports
  • Kororinpa

Konami

• (Untitled Baseball Game)
  • Contra
  • Frogger
  • Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"
  • Pro Evo

Level 5

• Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

Majesco

• BloodRayne: the Shroud
  • A Boy and His Blob
  • Face Racers: Photo Finish
  • Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
  • Martha Stewart
  • WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous

• BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D

Namco Bandai

• Dragon Ball
  • Gundam
  • Pac-Man & Galaga
  • Ridge Racer
  • Super Robot Wars

Rocket

• Crash City GP
  • Super Robo

SEGA

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Super Monkey Ball

Square Enix

• Codename: Chocobo Rcing 3D
  • Dragon Quest
  • Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts

Take-Two

• Carnival Games

Tecmo Koei

• Dead or Alive 3D
  • Dynasty Warriors
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Samurai Warriors 3D

Tomy

• Lovely Lisa 3D
  • Naruto Shippuden Action

THQ

• de Blob 2
  • Kung Fu Panda: Kaboom of Doom
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet
  • The Penguins of Madagascar
  • Puss N Boots
  • Saints Row: Drive By

Ubisoft

• Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
  • Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
  • Driver Renegade
  • Hollywood 61
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Warner Bros.

• Batman
  • LEGO

500x_untitled-33.jpg500x_untitled-9_03.jpg500x_papmar1.jpg

The Nintendo 3DS is black and blue, red and black as well as black and, well, black.

As promised, this is a glasses-free 3D device

Two cameras on the outside of the device for 3D picture taking

3D depth slider on the side of the device

Round numb analog stick called the "Slide Pad"

Bottom screen is a touch panel

Below the touch screen are Select, Home and Start buttons

Underneath the A, B, X, Y buttons is the handheld's power button

Motion sensor and gyroscope

Compatible with Nintendo DSi

A camera facing the player above the portable's 3D screen

The ability to play 3D Hollywood movies, like Legends of the Guardians from Warner Brothers

The 3DS launch game will be Kid Icarus: Uprising

It is a powerful system, featuring improved graphics

The 3DS periodically searchs for WiFi spots and other 3DSs

Easy online navigation

No monthly fee for Nintendo's 3DS online access

Nintendo is developing 3D Nintendogs

More than twenty companies have signed on to develop for the 3DS

The top screen is 3.5 inches

Release date is TBA

Price is TBA

need pricing, battery life etc and one of these NOW.

1.) Happy about being able to turn 3-d off (as i'm in support of my friends who don't have depth perception being able to play)

2.) I will most likely get one because lord knows there's going to be a Castlevania title for it and they already have an RE and KH one in the works.

3.) Chances of EVERY PAST FF BEING RE-RELEASED? Pretty high. I mean you can get Final Fantasy 1 on your toasters now.

Edited by Bindusara