Hondo's Bar

We are the X-Men

Wow. I haven't been reading books in a while, so I'm a little out of the loop, but can anyone tell me what is going on?

For those of you who don't know, here is your new X-Men lineup!!

11968storystory_full-0828129..jpg11968storystory_full-1088198..jpg

11968storystory_full-1174422..jpg11968storystory_full-1261421..jpg

11968storystory_full-1347436..jpg

For the life of me, I can't imagine these guys staying in the same ROOM with each other for 5 minutes, let alone form a team.

Sorry JZA, for got to put names. So, apparently, the line up is:

Spiderman (not a mutant)

Blade (not a mutant)

Lyra, Hulk's daughter from an alternate dimension/future/whatever (not a mutant)

Electra (not a mutant)

Magneto

X-Man

Psylocke

Gambit

Hope

and

Jubilee (as of M-Day, not a mutant, but apparently now a vampire?!)

Sorry JZA, for got to put names. So, apparently, the line up is:

Spiderman (not a mutant)

Blade (not a mutant)

Lyra, Hulk's daughter from an alternate dimension/future/whatever (not a mutant)

Electra (not a mutant)

Magneto

X-Man

Psylocke

Gambit

Hope

and

Jubilee (as of M-Day, not a mutant, but apparently now a vampire?!)

I'd feel ignorant if you hadn't just told me that Blade is going to be an Xman. And how well is that going to work with Vampite Jubilee? I smell a sitcom.

More and more, I'm feeling less compelled to read comics and just go wiki shit. :D

Wow. Just, wow. Two positives from this and images in the Avengers 01 (fake) torrent involving the "Heroic Age".

Nate Grey, the X-Man is back (

especially after the pathetic ass whooping he suffered from Norm in Dark X-Men 5

)

Not just Blade, but Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom and the MI-13 are coming back! :D

So given the rosters that Marvel is throwing out for The Avengers, The Thunderbolts, and this I can surmise that Marvel's new approach to picking teams involves all the writers sitting in a conference room smoking hideous amounts of weed and throwing out names.

"Hey man, what if we put Spider-Man and Blade on the X-Men."

"But they're not mut- uh... what was I saying?"

"And hey, what if we put Jubilee. But like Jubilee was like a vampire! That would be bitchin!"

"Yeah dude, let's steal Mark's idea for Vampire X."

"Ha, ha, yeah, that fucking midget's gonna be pissed. Nobody cares about his stupid ideas."

"Goddamn it Bendis, you're fucking up the rotation!"

You mean other than the ones he's made in The Punisher, Marvel Zombies, and all over the place since Civil War? Marvel just never learns that they need to put that fucker on a shelf and just leave him there for forever. Oh well, at least Man-Thing's popping up more often now, so I can forgive Morbius and The Skrull Kill Krew for now.

• 2 weeks later...
with everyone getting work right now, somewhere, you just know logan's shedding a single tear for adam x.

adamx.jpg

Adam X would be a welcome addition to any X-Team. He fills a variety of team archetypes. Just make him a werewolf or an oggly-boogly or whatever the kids are into. Pure gold. The Ultimate Version would be the shit. He could be the next Hawkeye.

Isn't there some theory that Spider-Man was a mutant? Like the irradiated spider bite activated some latent ability.

Seems like that sorta thing would of either killed or moderately irritated most normal folk. Somewhere in between I'd imagine. Trauma seems to be a common trigger.

If you woke up one day and you were super strong, agile, you could stick to walls and you had a warning sense, would you immediately associate that with a spider? I sure wouldn't. Tobey Maguire web secretion aside.

I would buy a mutant theory if it were sold to me right. But that would also mean that Spider-Man has an active x-gene, so it seems like it would be common knowledge at this point.

But the point is: Vampire Jubilee?

I have some unholy research to do. I expect nothing but grimaces will come of it.

good luck on that; i still cant crack it. im guessing the book'll have to say why (didnt some say its "vamp tech" or some shit? i just know she's still depowered, one of the last ones at that).

see, i thought that early issue of Ultimate Team-Up or whatever resolved spidey well: logan asked "do you remember getting your powers?" "yeah?" "Then you're not a mutant."

good luck on that; i still cant crack it. im guessing the book'll have to say why (didnt some say its "vamp tech" or some shit? i just know she's still depowered, one of the last ones at that).

Godamn it, I was cooking up a joke involving sparkling and vampires.

see, i thought that early issue of Ultimate Team-Up or whatever resolved spidey well: logan asked "do you remember getting your powers?" "yeah?" "Then you're not a mutant."

Ultimate is definitely not a mutant, there was some bioengineeriwhatsit involved.

Now I might know dick about comic books. But since angsty teen vampires with emotional issues that rival Squall from FF8 are the "in" thing at the moment. I’m just going out on a limb here and guess that the Marvel suits had one massive aneurysm and thought is was a good idea. amirite?

Between the big arc they did last time they pulled this Spidey on the Xmen BS, and then JMS' The Other, I'm pretty sure they're done flogging that dead horse. Not to mention the inclusion of Blade & Hulk's daughter opens up the interpretation of 'Mutant' to be more than the Marvel definition of 'with X-factor'

Archived