Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Steam

The NZA

I'm trying to install and at least try an unplayed game every day.

This shit got out of hand.

268 games and I've played 108 of them, and even a lot of those I only tried for like 10 minutes. I've never even touched over 60% of my Steam games. I feel like a douche.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna leave this here just in case anyone else has ever been vexed with adding dosbox games to their Steam library. Specifically, ones I got from GoG (which you guys should totally be checking out from time to time. Cheap old games (when there's a sale), completely DRM free and tweaked to run on new operating systems).

Anywhoozle, when you add them like you would anything else, it just runs the dosbox with no game mounted. Easiest way I found around this:

1. Make a copy of Dosbox, within the same folder (it needs the .dll's) and name it whatever you want. Preferably, the title of the game you want to add. Add this copy to steam using "add a non-Steam game"

2. Go to the shortcut that GOG gave you for that game and go to "properties"

3. Right click the Steam shortcut and go to properties

4. You need to change the "start in" and the "target" in the Steam shortcut. So copy them from the GOG shortcut and paste them in the Steam shortcut.

5. PROFIT. No question marks.

I apologize to everyone who had to see me constantly jumping games dozens of times trying to figure this out.

Edited by Thrizzle
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends who may play Castle Crashers on PC,

I understand that that comparing your leaderboard rankings to your friends can occasionally be an entertaining pastime and motivator. I would like to officially release all claims to your crushed self esteem that doing so on Castle Crashers may cause. I had already played this game several times to completion on 360, and really just wanted to play insane mode and unlock some hidden characters. Additionally, my time is short.

Therefore, my hand was forced. I had absolutely no choice but to brutally and painstakingly hack the game in order to achieve my goals in a timely manner. As a rule, I avoid doing these unscrupulous activities in games with an online presence. This was an unfortunate exception.

XOXOXO,

L!

• 2 weeks later...

Spoilers to hide from lurkers

The new Humble Bundle gave me some duplicate keys. I usually scour my Steam friend list to determine who doesn't have them, but this time I'm just gonna put 'em here.

Clearly first come first serve.

Beat Hazard Ultra - 2QYZK-0NT9E-HCRLA

Nightsky HD - 0ILE4-DAXKP-M5V4B

Dungeon Defenders + DLC - CPF7I-ZY0V7-ZYPNN

Enjoy, somebody.

XOXOXO,

L!

Gonna pull a thrizzle and give out some extra steam codes.

Sword and Sworcery-

V6V24-AI3C9-BR9L9

Crayon physics deluxe-

7CL89-0FZLE-CJXK9

Dungeon Defenders-

GMFG9-CQPKC-8JCGY

Night sky (not sure if itll work... I entered it thinking it was a different game, but here it is just in case since I still already own it.)

PMHCV-6ZHFE-74BY2

• Upvote 1