Hondo's Bar

Welcome Back!

The NZA

Allow me to reintroduce myself; my name is HONDOS  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

73f8u1.gif

Welcome back, guys!

as promised, it took just about 48 hours total, and most've the work is done...some minor modifications need to run in the background that may or may not be noticed right now (we're still looking at Xbox Live integration; we should have profile info/link to Steam soon)..meantime, take a look around! The new & improved (or really old, for those that recall) spoiler tags are back, the search function should be far less useless, you can see the Facebook/twitter stuff on the bottom of most threads (speaking of, go check out your Hondo's profiles!), and mobile users should be quite pleased. There's more stuff about, but i'll let you guys discover it.

Please bear in mind, it's not 100% so we're bound to have kinks - it'd be greatly appreciated if you report them here, as well as feedback on the new features/look. i tracked down most of the mods we had before, and a lot've the skins should at least look similar to their prior versions, with a few notable exceptions.

Also: for any fans of the old Wiki, there's no current version (yet), but do know that i backed up the old one, and am looking into other free alternatives like this one.. Anyway: what do you guys think?

Viewing and replying from my phone eight now, and I love the clean look of the mobile skin.

PS 5 hondonians had a hit single that hit #3 in Iceland. 5 individual songs seems unlikely. I'm guessing the all-hondonian boy band I've been dreaming about for years has finally cone together.

I think I found the video...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wwtYKVT7c&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wwtYKVT7c&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wwtYKVT7c&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

buncha Mario haters...admittedly, that space invader i put off on the side there takes up a lot more room than he oughta, ill size him down later.

i know it's got the creator's tag up top, but at least it's not Nintendorks' shit. is it hard to read, or just aesthetically unpleasing to you mario-haters?

buncha Mario haters...admittedly, that space invader i put off on the side there takes up a lot more room than he oughta, ill size him down later.

i know it's got the creator's tag up top, but at least it's not Nintendorks' shit. is it hard to read, or just aesthetically unpleasing to you mario-haters?

No, I have to press page down twice to get to the new non-stickied topics. Mario works fine for me.

buncha hater votes! ya'll are crabby these days

yeah, i see what you're saying...might take the space invader down a notch later. so far, ive had too "meh" comments at the mario skin itself, so i'll keep an eye out for other (free) gaming skins...was just telling newt, as of right now, there's a paid, generic-ass Call of Duty one (ugh), and a Smash Bros montage that would make you long for Mario to be back. ill keep watching, though.

much love for the praise/appreciation, but please post any bugs/things you notice missing, etc. i.e., earlier today, panch noted that the shoutbox was visible to guests (taken care of now), stuff like this that i might've missed is helpful.

another thing i noticed was that they (kinda arbitrarily) moved the location of where we keep our avatars, so just about everybody with avatars hosted here is prolly coming up blank. gonna take a while to manually put back whatever they had prior (deputies, i gotta work on your abilities in the admin CP soon...when that's done, help me out here!), but feel free to note them here as well so i'll know what to go after.

*edit: oh yeah! if you think we've pinned certain topics that are old enough to be put back down (or other ones you think oughta move up), and likewise, the same for moderators, vote for it here!

one more new element i forgot to mention: the Reputation system.

take a look at the bottom-right corner of this (or any other) post; you should see a green +, a red minus, and for now, a 0. this system lets you (a limited number of times a day) basically give or take +1/-1 to a member for that particular post, and the cumulative points are shown in their profile. no, i have no idea what to do with this spacebucks/cool points currency, it's just another way to give props/thanks or grief someone for a particularly poor post, if you so desire.

you can basically use this any way you want (again, there's a daily quota i've not yet sorted); personally, ive given my +1's to StillB for his hondoshare and other creations (in their respective threads), as i think members who contribute something awesome to the board should be recognized wherever they can be. anyway, feel free to take advantage of this new system; no doubt this will only cause greater bonds between hondonians. :crazy:

ok, fixed! no idea why the default was set to 0/day for everyone.

from now on, every group gets 1 positive (option for 1 hater negative as well) a day, while drunken deputies enjoy 2, and i of course, 3. :king:

we'll try with both positive & negative for now; if it gets too petty/more trouble than its worth, we'll just switch to positive later. sorry for the confusion.

Wouldn't be a Hondo's post unless I posted some complaints...

*I don't dig the way the profile pics replace avatars for posts on the mobile phone--or is that just me and my iPhone?

*Hobby and Toy Forum still hasn't had it's name changed. We had a poll and everything, Nick!

*Crap banner/skin for Hobby & Toy Forum

*Would be nice to have a "public" poll option where a poll creator can choose to make the identities of who voted for which option to be shown alongside each choice.

Damn, that's all I can think of to bitch on, actually. I was gonna hate on the new spoiler button, but that should actually be more helpful when using a smartphone, so I'll let that one go. Otherwise, I think Nick pretty much pulled a win--which was no easy feat for a slacker of his magnitude. Layout is nice and uniformed.Forums have been combined to make a cleaner homepage. Update bar on the side of the homepage, profile pic at the top of the page, status updates...all great touches. Overall, well done, Nick!

1) check your options, but yeah, i think that's hard-coded. im assuming that's present in our default skin, as well as the tapa one?

2) ill check out the name poll tonight, see what made it.

3) man, runespace logo aside, i thought you guys would dig that skin. have we gotten crimsonfire's opinion on it? he'll have the final say.

seriously though, i can try to dig something else up if its universally not-liked, i guess.

4) I think Jax has asked for public poll options for years; soon as a i see a mod for it, ill consider it and thereby ruin our polls

glad you like it though, and yeah, keep up the suggestions.

spiffytee was asking about this too - they very much do; what you're missing is that pinned topics are simply no longer separated.

if you look at the dates/icon (depending on the forum) next to them, you'll notice you're still seeing new topics up top, they're just below the pinned ones - you're just used to see a greater distinction, one that was likely removed cause other forum owners compained that pinned topics get naturally passed by. this is why i was asking about which topics people want to see pinned/unpinned: some are up there just to be helpful, some could get changed out.

Archived