Hondo's Bar

The Ren & Stimpy Show

soldier of fortune

I DL'd the "adult' show which was apparently meant to air on Spike TV but was way too perverse. There are six episodes and I got through the first one, "Naked Beach Frenzy," and when I saw the title for the second episode, "Stimpy's Pregnant," I turned it off and tried to wipe my brain clean w/ an episode of LOST.

No such luck.

Ren getting sucked into the arsehole of a hairy life guard, Stimpy getting a BJ, and Ren bikini waxing a babe are all images that shall haunt me for a long time to come.

Why didn't I heed the warnings. Why?!?!?:pinch:

R&S is awesome. I used to get really pissed if I wasn't able to watch when I knew it was gonna be a new episode (every other Sunday for the first season).

Now that I think about it... I might not have it anymore. Now I'm scared. I gotta go through my books and see now. I'll be so pissed if I lost it...

I thought I had lost mine, but it had just made it's way to my "unalphabetized" box (I really gotta work on that wunna these days).

So, a scream of triumph.

neuet2.jpg

And now, because DoJ is right and there is too much nicey-nice stuff going on, I'm gonna fucking EAT IT.

2urqus9.jpg

Next on the menu, which I will dip in ketchup and eat piece by piece, Incredible Hulk #181.

• Upvote 2

R&S is awesome. I used to get really pissed if I wasn't able to watch when I knew it was gonna be a new episode (every other Sunday for the first season).

I thought I had lost mine, but it had just made it's way to my "unalphabetized" box (I really gotta work on that wunna these days).

So, a scream of triumph.

neuet2.jpg

And now, because DoJ is right and there is too much nicey-nice stuff going on, I'm gonna fucking EAT IT.

2urqus9.jpg

Next on the menu, which I will dip in ketchup and eat piece by piece, Incredible Hulk #181.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

Fffffffuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

John K. developing new Ren & Stimpy short to screen with the 3rd Spongebob Movie

[someone asked if they’d bring the characters back.]

BW: Well, this is the news of the day, because it looks like John is doing a cartoon for the next SpongeBob movie. So, I hope he finishes it and I hope it’s great, but we won’t be working on it.

BC: We’re not invited to that party.

BW: I can’t speak for Bob because he’s got more issues with John, I mean I’ve got mine. But I actually would, because I love the characters more than the feud. But he’s not going to have me. He likes to work with young, inexperienced kids and train them, that’s his thing. But a new Ren and Stimpy cartoon is still cool, and it’ll be cool in some way if he gets it finished.

BC: And it means there’s still some life in that franchise.

interview was from april of last year though

66e0df235e1ccfd9f29688cb70f9a56d.gif

I coincidentally just watched a solid 'making-of' doc yesterday w/ John K n' Bakshi re: 'The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse'.

I'd love to see anything John K wants to bring to the table - but that line Ren n' Stimpy skirted back-in-the-day doesn't really exist anymore. I appreciate dick n' fart jokes as much as the next guy - but I definitely have a preference toward that skirting of the edge...as opposed to just wallowing in 'how much we can get away with' - a'la Seinfeld vs Curb n' Simpsons vs Family Guy.

They vomited and threw up on that line - and then bathed in the mess w/ 'Adult Party'. I hope they bring it back to that extreme / insane Clampett-style humor as opposed to just straight-up...grotesque, over-the-top, senseless, gross-out humor.

• 3 months later...