Hondo's Bar

Symphony of Science

Thelogan

Wiki

The Symphony of Science is a music project created by Washington-based electronic musician John Boswell. The project seeks to "spread scientific knowledge and philosophy through musical remixes." Boswell uses pitch-corrected audio and video samples from television programs featuring popular scientists and educators. The audio and video clips are mixed into digital mashups and scored with Boswell's original compositions. Two of Boswell's music videos, "A Glorious Dawn" and "We are All Connected", feature appearances from Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, and Stephen Hawking. The audio and video is sampled from popular science television shows including Cosmos, The Universe, The Eyes of Nye, The Elegant Universe, and Stephen Hawking's Universe.

The godfather of this is DoJ, who posted this

I became enamored with the well crafted chorus, and I'm a fan of Carl Sagan anyway. Since then, I've found enough stuff from them I like that it demands consolidation, so that I'm not just posting a bunch of the same thing in "What are you listening to right now?".

Ali G

George Carlin

Alan Watts

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This page has a lot of my favorite people, but Alan Watts is probably my most favorite. I always make an attempt to strip away the occasional sugar coating of religion and get to the philosophy and purpose lying beneath when I approach this sort of thing. It's especially fulfilling with Watts, he was a brilliant man.

SINCE I'M HERE ANYWAY:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I dunno, hearing Bill Hicks and George Carlin being autotuned and having one of Bill's greatest monologues ever turned into a "song," half of me is trying to justify it as saying "well even if it gets just one more person to listen to and/or like Hicks/Carlin I can't complain, but the other half of me is thinking they are probably rolling in their graves when people do this kind of thing to their stand-up. +1 for the coolness of the people and message, -1 for auto-tune

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...