Hondo's Bar

Favorite dramatic movie scene(s)

Fellow Hondorians...I have a silly/serious favor to ask of you all. Im desperatly looking for the best and most dramatic movie scenes out there. I mean, they can be so dramatic it borders on hillarious. Or maybe so smoldering it burns your retnas just to think about it. Maybe its even just a seriously funny damatic moment in a movie (or even a TV show...there are a number of those sorta moments in Scrubs).

Heres the deal: my good friend and I have decided to try and act out these scenes...with puppets. I mean like, crudely drawn puppets made out of brown paper bags. Yes, weve been drinking, and even more importantly, were going to film it. I dont know why, but the idea of some paper bag puppets acting outsay, the final scene in Saw is hillarious to me.

So far Chris and I have the last scene in Se7en (WHATS IN THE BOX??!!?), and that's about it.

Agsin, I promise I will post the videos if folks want to see them. Oh!!! And if you have any great ideas for Puppet Power Hour, throw 'em out there!

Thanks, ya'll :-D

Oh my God...this is perfect. Chris and I are spending the next cpl of days working out sets, scenes and everything else. Lgan that scene is pure brilliant, as is the Pulp Fiction one. I would really love to do something from Inglorious Basterds, too.

Ill try and have the first Puppet Drama Theatre Sociery Presents ____ posted next weekend. Please keep posting more ideas, esp if they have to do with ridiculous set designs.

You guys are awesome :-)

• 3 weeks later...

True Facts: I tried to very hard to work out the SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FWEN scene, but I just can't get it right. That was one of my first ideas actually.

Chris and I did get super ambitious though; we decided to do kind of like a ode to television thing. The video will seem like youre flipping through tv channels, and weve so far picked out about 10 shows that are screaming to be re enacted with over the top dramatic puppets (ER, anyone?!).

The biggest problem (save for me laughing every other take...I cant help it. Puppets are terribly funny to me for some reason), is the editing. Thankfully Chris is a pro at that.

So yeah, Im going to try my hardest to be totally done with the first scene by Saturday or Sunday. Ill post it on here first and see what ya'll think :-D

Archived