Hondo's Bar

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"if you can't stand the heat, get out of the univese" was grand...also, what is up with that dude's neck

and the 2nd video, haha

"I know a lot of people who are gay! i have friends...i don't fear them, you know?" :LOL:

[Thread derail] Supernova was conceived by Walter Hill as a small atmospheric body-horror Sci-Fi movie, it was basically his way to make the success he sorely deserved for Alien, but things got complicated. The studio fucked with it incessantly, he would spend hours every day with the studio reps rewriting and changing the script, delivering new pages to the actors on the days they were supposed to film their scenes. The entire movie was shot around one set with a lot of use of the color blue and interchangeable costumes so that any scene could be picked up or dropped in pretty much anywhere in the movie. Hill left the project and I don't think it was a pseudonym, I think the guy listed as the director was the guy who took over duties after Hill left, then Francis Ford Coppola was brought in to do an edit and the movie was released. It is not a good movie, it's long, confusing, and boring and it's very obvious that it was made by a bunch of different people with a bunch of different ideas. You can see a bit of Walter Hill in there, particularly in the earlier scenes but it mostly sucks. Garth Ennis' Avatar book Caliban is pretty much what Supernova COULD have been (it is not officially an adaptation or remake but it almost straight up rips off most of the plot points whilst adding some of its own.) Basically it's a big overlong boring mess, think Event Horizon but not nearly as good. Still it's not a feel-good bro-tastic romantic comedy like that trailer seems to think it is, I honestly think that whoever cut that trailer did it as a joke and the studio was either so clueless or just didn't care enough that it went through. [/Thread derail]

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...