Hondo's Bar

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno - I actually think 30 minutes can make or break this flick. I'm sure they know how poorly it was received and they've sat n' discussed all the complaints. I hope whatever this is, it's an improvement - not just more punching and 'splosions.

I actually like Man of Steel - so, I kinda dig the themes they're playing with. (shrugs)

Isn't this movie still out in theaters?! Goddamn - they're shoving this thing out quick!

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

yeah...i think that rush says a lot, personally

ill be interested in impressions, but the only times i can think of offhand that a movie i didn't care for was made better by director's cuts were Daredevil (coolio! and some less shitty stuff happening) and maybe Highlander 2, where i recall them literally removing the dumber plot points

• 3 months later...

Kay. I finally sat down and watched this. It took me two viewings because I fell asleep the first time. (to be fair. i was exhausted going in and the drinking didn't help)

So...I think the thing that pissed me off about this movie the most is - - that I saw the potential for a great movie in there. There were some scenes, some bits of writing that I was so on board with. Hell, take for instance, the opening. That was a ballsy move to just be like - hey audience, you fucking know batmans origin, lets make retelling it a two second affair instead of going down that fucking hole again. I think Batfleck was awesome (and I knew he would be, haters) and the Luthor was sound. Maybe not..like omg amazing, but i feel like that take was interesting.

So yeah...

fucking dream sequences. pulling boats, just forced justice league. I have the same problem with the use of doomsday as I do with bane, people don't fucking use him right. he could have been way more important but he was just some shit experiment because we gotta kill supes off. Wonder woman was cool to see but pretty much existed for a panty shot, should have been developed more or just removed, that would have worked to.

...don't even get me started on the martha thing. Oh and gotham is right next door and yet superman has NEVER HEARD OF FUCKING BRUCE WAYNE?

Shit should have been like - Bruce Wayne hates the idea of the modern god, works with Lex because lex fears the alien which leads to the conflict between him and Supes, through detective work or some shit Batman figures out lex is trying some really horrible shit, differences are put aside to take down lex. Roll fucking credits.

...like I said, the movie had a lot of potential in that 3 hour fuckfest I watched. I could see the good movie in there wanting to get out and I'm sad it went the way it did.

Edited by Bindusara

damn, i normally don't bother with film breakdowns like that, but i was curious, and...man, she really nailed some of my complaints there in a better way. supes really is just taking doc manhattan's playbook, looking back.

i'm gonna get some mileage out of jesse eisenberg as the annoying AP english kid playing the joker, that shit really was irredeemably bad

• 6 months later...