Hondo's Bar

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Bryan Cranston Addresses Rumors That He'll Play 'Lex Luthor' In BATMAN/SUPERMAN

86297.jpg

After a series of reports from an incredibly unreliable source that somehow spread across the internet to sites like 'Rolling Stone' and 'E! News', Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston laughs off those rumours and scoffs at claims that he's signed a six picture deal. Check it out!

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png facebookBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 9/1/2013

24532453647.jpg

Anyone with even the tiniest bit of common sense knows that Cosmic Book News is a joke of a website, well-known for starting false rumours. Unfortunately, that didn't include a number of far more reliable sites who would embarrassingly pick up on their story that Bryan Cranston had been cast as 'Lex Luthor' by Warner Bros. for 2015's Batman/Superman movie. Talking to The Boston Globe recently, the Argo and Drive star had this to say about those reports. "I’ve heard that too. Six? This is all news to me. I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I’m known to be bald. ‘What bald guy can we get?’ The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him." However, when asked whether he would turn to Gene Hackman for advice if he were to get the role, the actor laughed and said, "I can just see how that phone call would go. ‘Gene? Hi, this is Bryan Cranston.’ ‘Who? Bryan Cranston? What do you want? How did you get this number?’ " Finally, he added that his schedule is now pretty much free for the rest of the year, and while there are some projects are on the horizon, nothing is set in stone as of yet. Whether that includes Batman/Superman is unknown, but for now, it appears as if he isn't Lex Luthor. "I think I’ll relax the rest of the year. There’s some irons in the fire, things that people are talking about, but nothing is set." Stay tuned to CBM for updates!

Read more at http://www.comicbook...evo3wqKz1X9b.99

peanut gallery got jokes today! point still stands: i remain unconvinced that Hamm would make a good bats, especially since i want the next one to hold an action scene better than a kid practicing his kata for an orange belt test

I kinda agree with Nick here.

Edited by Panch

Jon Hamm is a GREAT choice as Bruce Wayne, but I think, a bad choice for Batman. He's stiff. Doughy. Might as well get Adam West. I mean, dude's gonna be standing next to the Superman guy that's ripped to shreds. Come to think of it, imagine Ben Affleck next to the current Superman :/

Eh, I'm always more for the good actor/bad fighter than bad actor/good fighter. Damon in Bourne is a perfect example.

im not saying cast Tyler Mane as sabretooth again (actually, his fighting was weak too), but in modern hollywood, we can get both. go watch again what woo ping did with keanu & weaving in the matrix, even in a short frame of time...granted, he's kinda the top of the game for me but i think we're past the point of being okay with spinning the camera in circles to hide the fact you didn't bother teaching your actor to throw a half-decent punch, much less handle a crowd.

Damon's a fair example for me, as i thought he handled himself pretty well in that series, despite his lack of action films prior. i remember reading Bale supposedly had all this beat/MMA type training beforehand but i didn't see much of any of that, it looked like they just talk him how to do a proper push-up.

Jon Hamm is a GREAT choice as Bruce Wayne, but I think, a bad choice for Batman. He's stiff. Doughy. Might as well get Adam West. I mean, dude's gonna be standing next to the Superman guy that's ripped to shreds. Come to think of it, imagine Ben Affleck next to the current Superman :/

Eh, Hamm as Batman may have been interesting. I'd like to see SNL do a screen test skit w/ this new Batman the way they did w/ Luke, Han, and Leia a few years back. It'd never happen but it'd be interesting to see some of these choices in a legit Batman costume and how it'd come across.

One eagle eyed commenter over on comicbookmovie.com spotted the obvious flaw.

BlackJack10 - 9/13/2013, 7:16 PM

This is a really stupid joke. That can easily be photoshopped, and that's not even the official logo. This is:

batman-superman-logo.jpeg

And scripts don't even have logo's on them, just words. Let alone a color logo. Whoever did this should stop. It's really dumb.

Edited by alive she cried

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...