Hondo's Bar

Captain America: Civil War

Keth

• 4 weeks later...

Might just be my imagination/projection, but they seem to have changed the eye-slits of the Iron Man mask to make them angle down a bit more at the middle for a more villainous expression and also just overall the new mask seems designed to be a little more sinister. (See 0:20 in the video)

If anyone has a good side-by-side of the masks over time it might be interesting.

Sidenote: Axels, remind me of the name of the comic your spiral avatar is taken from? I was telling a friend just today that it's the only book of any kind to ever scare me but I couldn't remember if the name was actually Spirals or something else.

Edited by Jumbie

Sidenote: Axels, remind me of the name of the comic your spiral avatar is taken from? I was telling a friend just today that it's the only book of any kind to ever scare me but I couldn't remember if the name was actually Spirals or something else.

Junji Ito Uzumaki.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Team Ironman arguably has the better lineup, but I know idealistically I'm Team Cap.

I wish JZA would come in this thread and tell us why this is going to pale in comparison to BvS (Beavis)

Edited by Axels

I really think you should Spoiler Tag that image ASC!!

Not sure about the suit. I mean, I knew it would pale in comparison to ASM2 suit, you can't improve on perfection. Looks like an Alex Ross design. Aside from that, movie looks absolutely incredible. Best of luck BvS!

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

If you could combine the symbols and moving eyes of this, with the pattern of the TASM2 it'd be perfect.

6ulpeo0.png

DoqOEMC.png

4blZm9N.png

Spidey1.0.gif<figure class="e-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); position: relative; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Spidey2.0.gif</figure><figure class="e-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); position: relative; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Spidey3.0.gif</figure><figure class="e-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); position: relative; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Spidey_XCU.0.gif

</figure>

Edited by alive she cried
  • Upvote 1

OMG!!!

giphy.gif

Dude, ASC - thanks for posting those pics / gifs. You saved me a lot of back n' forth and google searching - (reaches into pocket, flicks a Plus One in your direction).

Absolutely agree that a combination of what TASM2 did and this Romita call back - it'd be perfect. I really like the modest symbols and overall design. Personally, I wouldn't have the blue stripes on the limbs (wrists, shoulders) - but the more I look at it, the more it seems to fit this universe. Those eyes narrowing makes me giggle - can't believe it's (almost) Romita Spidey in this epic, modern superhero blockbuster! Hmmm...kinda reminds me of his appearance in the ultra-real cinematics in the first Ultimate Alliance! Love it!

This movie is looking so damn good - I can't wait!

I see alot of cleanup crews in theaters since fanboys (myself included) are going to cum all over the place when they are all on screen together. Aside from Spidey, this whole thing looks damn good. I'm excited to see Ant-Man's action sequences, cause that Hawkeye bit looks incredible.

If you could combine the symbols and moving eyes of this, with the pattern of the TASM2 it'd be perfect.

6ulpeo0.png

DoqOEMC.png

4blZm9N.png

Spidey1.0.gif<figure class="e-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); position: relative; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Spidey2.0.gif</figure><figure class="e-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); position: relative; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Spidey3.0.gif</figure><figure class="e-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1em; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); position: relative; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Spidey_XCU.0.gif

</figure>

Brought to you buy Chevron.

256053_182_chevron_corporation.jpg

booster_cv32_02.jpg?1364121994

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More:

<a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">2016 MTV Movie Awards</a>, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/news/movies/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Latest Movie News</a>, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/videos/?vid=1373660" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Exclusive: 'Captain America: Civil War' - 2016 MTV Movie Awards</a></p></div></div>