Hondo's Bar

Captain Marvel

• 1 year later...

Deadline: Brie Larson is front runner for Captain Marvel

blcm.jpg

After her Oscar-winning turn in “Room,” Brie Larson may be ready to step into the shoes of one of Marvel’s most popular female superheros.

Sources tell Variety Marvel is in early talks with Larson to play Captain Marvel in the studio’s standalone project. It is unknown where things stand in negotiations, but sources have told Variety that Larson is the first choice, and that she’s leaning toward playing the part.

Marvel had no comment on the story.

for reference: here she is in Scott Pilgrim

g7RVEzy.gif

That Scott Pilgrim pick swayed me a little more in her favor, but you'd think you'd need someone a little more muscular for the role. We've already got 114lbs women as Elektra and Wonder Woman. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence would be my top choice since we all know the perfect casting choice of Katie "Starbuck" Sackhoff won't get the role.

Lawrence would cost too much.

They need a name with recognition balanced with price.

Remember, when they first cast RDJ as Stark, he was paid very little. IMDB says $500,000. Not even a million.

So, quick, who's a well-known, highly skilled, decent looking woman with a history of drug use that's coming off a rough patch?

Edited by Jumbie

Brie Larson is my boo!! She's so crazy talented, I'm sure she could pull this off.

And sure she's thin, but I always thought she looked a bit more formidable than some other waif-like actresses.

Brie-Larson-2016GoldenGlobes-portraitcropped.jpgGettyImages-507664866-390x600.jpg

You can tell she's got good muscle tone. If she'd be willing to gain a little more, even better, but I wouldn't be mad at this for a superhero.

^yeah, i can see it! and honestly, i'm not worried at all about definition/etc...look at what whoever MCU has on call did for Thor & Cap, i feel safe they can get anyone looking built, haha

honestly, Carol's never been overly exciting in the books for me, so i'm hoping they do their own thing here & develop her personality further

Daaaamn! That blue dress tho. Y'all keep posting Brie Larson pics like that and you're gonna sway a man into thinking she has the look to pull this off.

JLaw is probably over superhero blockbusters now anyway after 3 X-Men and 4 HG films anyway.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Jlaw4lyfe

That Scott Pilgrim pick swayed me a little more in her favor, but you'd think you'd need someone a little more muscular for the role. We've already got 114lbs women as Elektra and Wonder Woman. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence would be my top choice since we all know the perfect casting choice of Katie "Starbuck" Sackhoff won't get the role.

For one, Carol Danvers has never been portrayed as particularly large or particularly buff. For two, do you not remember what Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, and Ryan Reynolds used to look like pre-comic book movie? For three, I'm pulling for Katie as much as anyone but Marvel's been grabbing people as disgustingly young as they can for franchise potential and I don't even need to check to know that Brie Larson is younger.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Kevin Feige: Sam Jackson and Clark Cregg to be Digitally De-Aged For the Entirety of Captain Marvel

Well, I think having the option is pretty amazing. And I think having the technology and even without spoiling anything, Sam Jackson is shooting a movie for us right now that takes, where he’s entirely 25 years younger the whole movie [Captain Marvel]. So that’ll certainly be the one–

And Coulson, right?

And Coulson. So that’ll be the first one where it’s a character for the whole movie, as opposed to a glimpse at a certain period of time. It’s the whole movie. So it’s possible, assuming that works. It’s possible. It’s very good when you are starting by the way with somebody like Michelle Pfeiffer or Michael Douglas or for that matter Sam Jackson or Clark Gregg. All four of them–

Because you have an abundance of reference material or…?

You have all the reference material and they have aged amazingly. They’ve not aged like normal humans. It’s like Paul Rudd. These are–

Paul Rudd looks like he stepped out of Clueless. I don’t understand it.

Yeah. He somehow can do that effect in real life.

they made it work with tony in civil war 

samuel-l-jackson-comi92sgj.jpg

• 1 month later...