Hondo's Bar

Solo: A Star Wars Story

yes, disney is going to bury this franchise by *checks notes* expanding upon it to build younger audiences & keep the property relevant going forward rather than publishing fanfics approved by its aging fans who seem more invested in YT breakdowns of things they didn't like 

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2018 at 10:45 PM, Iambaytor said:

There's a razor thin margin of people that are going to really enjoy this (I am among them), everyone else will fucking hate it.

That's too bad.

10 hours ago, Mr. Hakujin said:

Technically it's done okay for an action film at the box office thus far, but in reality it's a bomb for a Star Wars film.

Oi.  Well...at least there's Disney's spin to look forward to.

I'll still Redbox, tho - and be back to spew my review...long after everyone who loved this film has forgotten it.

5 hours ago, Drifter said:

but provoking division as a marketing strategy? the blowback can destroy a franchise, not just sink a mediocre movie.

They're not provoking anything, they're making movies and adult children who have overly fetished a thing they grew up with get way too excited about something that will never meet their expectations.

10 hours ago, Little Nemo McFly said:

...I'll still Redbox, tho - and be back to spew my review...long after everyone who loved this film has forgotten it.

Well, if box office is any indicator, that'll be sooner than even you may have thought. Like, in two months. ?

0dojjl5.jpg

Ng8taFn.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 months later...

So I FINALLY saw this and had a lot of fun with it. I really liked it. It's not without its problems, sure, but it didn't take itself too seriously and really is the Star Wars film everyone has secretly (and not so secretly) wanted for forever now. A lot of shit people hated from it is what I liked, because, fuck it, why not. Feminist droid? Fuck it, why not.

One thing did make me roll my eyes harder than the Falcon doing spin maneuvers (I know it's called a barrel roll, I just didn't want to use the word 'roll' twice) was

the origin of his last name. Solo is a Spanish word. So Spanish is spoken a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

• Upvote 1