Hondo's Bar

Stranger Things

Stranger Things Season 3 moving back to 8 episodes, production aiming April

It didn't drag. I feel like because the show is all there from the get go, they have that option to throw in an ep that slows it down a little. You aren't waiting week to week, just watch the next episode. That said, the fact that the seasons are short like this helps that end also. 

They just went about it all wrong.

You can't show a character for one scene in the first episode and then not again till damn near the end of the season and expect us to care. If that story had been written in a way where we saw her "sister" throughout the season, it

may have worked. But their execution was all wrong. It took you completely out of the much more interesting story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I loved season 1, season 2 was okay, never even bothered with 3. I don't know if I could sit and watch it now, as Jenn and I would binge them all at once and there's a ton of memories there.

Maybe when I get to the point I can think about her and be happy, as opposed to a mess. Good to see they're wrapping it up.

• Really Like 2

• 2 months later...

y'all better appreciate it, too - apparently this final season wasn't cheap

www.avclub.com

Each episode of the new Stranger Things season cost $30 million

That's supposedly how much each episode of the new season costs, at least

According to a Wall Street Journal report, Netflix apparently spent $30 million on each episode of the show’s upcoming fourth season, which is double what HBO paid for each episode of the final season of Game Of Thrones—the show with elaborate castle sets, dragons, fantasy costumes, and (no offense) more than two or three named actors who you might recognize from other things. Unless they’re shooting this thing on-location in the Upside Down with IMAX cameras and they genetically engineered a real-life Demogorgon, it doesn’t seem like it should be costing that much money.

But at the same, these streaming services love to throw money at high-profile projects while throwing no money at other things, like the people who actually make the high-profile projects (remember that a dispute over the pay on streaming shows was one of the things IATSE almost went on strike over). Is it any wonder that things haven’t been going well for Netflix lately?

• 1 month later...

anybody else marathon season 4 yet? well, what we have so far - apparently 2 movie length episodes tie it all up at the beginning of july

seeing the kids older is wild - i enjoyed most of the juggling plotlines, russia went on too long but we got a cool demogorgon fight out of it. i did not care about the jocks "hunting" the nerds but i guess we'll see if the town mob thing plays into the ending much?

the origin of the villain was possibly cooler than they are.  also getting actual freddy kruger as his first victim was a cool nod!

• 4 weeks later...

watched the "finale" movie this weekend

man, i was really bummed about eddie - just liked his character & didn't help that he sacrificed himself to "buy time" for i'm not sure who? #justiceforeddieandbarbtoo

figured it wasn't quite wrapped up, unsure where they go from here but with netflix hurting & this doing numbers i shouldn't be surprised that there's clearly more coming