Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

Same deal as the lyrics game, post a quote form a movie, when someone gets it, they post a new qoute. Make it distinctive, memorable quotes.. Don't post anything retarded like "I Love You" or "That was close!" If no one gets your quote in three days (72 hours from the time you posted it), post new ones. If you wanna show off name the character/actor/actress that said the line, but that's not necesary. If it's from a series, like James Bond and you remember that James Bonds said it, but can't remember which Bond movie it was, the charactrer name, James Bond, is fine. So answers like Indiana Jones, Doctor Emmit Brown, (View Askew's) Jay or Batman are acceptable too.

I'll start it off with a classic, easy one, from the most quotable film of all time.

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she had to walk into mine.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Got it! Enemy of the State! Knew I'd get it eventually...And it was Phil Hammersley, by the way :P

Since my last one was apparently tough, here's an easier one.

Oh, name one thing you're going to need the stupid fookin' rope for!

Signal, I think you and I are the only ones playing, but oh well. That one sounds a lot like Ace Ventura.

Oh, uh, we were just rehearsing a scene for the upcoming company play called "Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me!" It's a musical! (sings) Put that thing back where it came from or so help me, so help me! So help me! And cut!

Heh, This Is Spinal Tap - Christopher Guest as Nigel Tufnel

True love is certainly the greatest thing in the world. Except for a nice MLT. Mutton lettuce and tomato - where the mutton is nice and lean. And the tomato is fresh. They're so perky. I love that.

I just watched this movie again and when I heard that line I went "want a minute, where did I read that...oh yeah, it's the current movie quote!"

Michael Douglas in Wonder Boys

Here's an easy one (Silent Bob, give someone else a chance first. I know you know this one, but let's see if anyone else does):

Ah, how shall I do it? I know! I'll turn him into a flea! A harmless little flea. Then I'll put that flea in a box, then I'll put that box in another box, then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives...ah, ha, ha!...I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you! Or...to save on postage, I'll just poison him with this!

heh, emporers new groove...great movie.

hmmm lets see...how about this

Ouch! That is hot! Maybe she's using you to channel some dead lesbian lover...Sounds like my kind of gal! Let

me know when you're done with her, yeah?

Over two days and no answer? For shame people! The Movie: Being John Malcovich, the Actor: Charlie Sheen, the character: Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen in a good govie. Betcha didn't think that had happened in the last 10 years, didya? Anyway, it's been I while since I've seen this one, so the quote is a bit off, but it's pretty close.

You're not worried something's going to happen?

No. Three reasons: A, we have smoke detectors. 2, I'm not that lucky. And D, we live on the most boring street in the United States of America.

Archived