Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

Is there a comics book franchise that hasn't been bought up? Now, THAT would be news! I hear something like "There's supposed to be a Punisher movie in the works" and I think "Duh!", it's a comic book, of course a movie is in the works. This is a headline I would gasp over: "Still one comic book character not purchased by movie studio for movie yet!" You know what we should do, create a fake comic book character, and try to sell it to some studio folk tryign to get ont he bandwagon really late. Hire some people to wear soem T-shirts and attend a con with them on, the clueless studio guiys would throw money at us, then you guys wouldn't have to ask us for money when we need board upgrades.

sorry to say but watchmen has been took it suppose to be a terry gillian movie wrote by Sam Hamm the guy who did the first batman movie there is a script around it's quite good this has been around for about ten years and if we are talking about bone there's going to be an cartoon film it being wrote at the moment

Whoa! Sure, I may be back to the world where every comic is being made into a movie, and that's comforting, but now I'm in a far more reckless situation: A world where Bob is out of the loop on comic movie news and aintitcool-dot-com-esche speculation! Don't I don't know what's going on! Can there be NO stability in my life?!

Don't think so. But before we do, let's dicuss canidates. Would it be superhero only, or would other books like road to perdition and ghost world be canidates too? Would be have Superman as a choice, or Superman I thru IV. Would Superman I and II be separate choices, or would we have only one movie per franchise as a choice? Here are some thoughts:

Superman I thru IV (IV was a little weak, but good series overall)

Batman (plus maybe Batman Returns)

Spider-Man

X-Men

Spawn

Blade

Howard The Duck (just kidding, folks)

Anything else out there (considerign we only want movies that HAVE been released already, nobody suggest DD or Hulk!)

I'd say only one per franchise, so one character doesn't have the advantage. And not just superhero ones. Ghost World has to be on there. Maybe even From Hell. And I was always a big fan of The Rocketeer, myself. Not sure if I'd agree with Spawn being up there, but that might just be me. Oh, and it should actually be "Favorite Comic Movie", not "Best Comic Movie"...because I think most've us would agree that Road to Perdition is a better movie than most've the others. But that doesn't mean any of us would want to watch it over one of the others on a dull saturday night. ...For those of us who sometimes have dull saturday nights <_>

Spawn was only up in the air as a possiblity. I wouldn't hesitate canning it with ten other good choices, but let's think over everything we can for now, then start discriminating. Lets see:

Superman Series

Batman Series (sans B&R)

Spider-Man

X-Men

Blade Series

Howard The Duck

The Rocketeer

Ghost World

Road To Perdition

From Hell

Mystery Men

MIB Series

Dick Tracy (was a comic book, not just s comic strip in newspapers)

Conan

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series (can't forget TMNT was originally a comic too)

Josie And The Pussycats (Gots ta love them Archie books!)

So far, so good. Anything else come to mind?