Hondo's Bar

Xbox 360

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah EB downunder are apparently the only ones offering the bobblehead, and that comes with the survival pack regardless.

And in what bizarre culture is a full-scale, operating chainsaw gun not impossibly cool? I'll admit buying the legendary edition of Halo 3 only for the Master CHief helemt has deservedly landed me a lotta shit, but that Lancer's just flat-out grand man, irrespective of where it's from.

yeah, long as you know about that package option too. im prolly going for the bobblehead 'cause im still sad i missed out on the Wind Waker one few years back.

and you're right, im just hating. the gunsaw thing is an awesome looking prop, im just jealous they dont do that for more games that im into. i mean, we could go on all night about the various games & respective weapon props that should be boxed into an overpriced LE. shit, i just read the original Condemned could come with a lead pipe, that's so awesome. anyway, epic also gets points for not trying to make that thing function somehow as a controller. chainsaws, katanas, slimes - anything that's not a wu-tang logo is gonna be tricky.

on a side note, LE's are funny. i dont need any selling on the next, say, Metal Gear or Silent Hill or whatever one, but a new IP - Assasin's Creed, Bioshock, even Fallout 3 (new to me) theyre taking a gamble that ill like the game enough to want merch of it after the fact. trick is, if i do want it, its usually crazy expensive later on.

• 2 weeks later...

i forget how much he's asking, but id make sure its at least new enough to have the smaller chipset/better drive, most from less than a year ago now should include that, i want to say? still, i played it safe & got the warranty.

newt, you're trying to find skeet a PS3? good luck finding any with PS2 playback right now, if he's at all concerned about that.

Would it be worth the while getting an x360?

The haters on this board'd have you believe you'd be taking a massive step down both technologically and financially(or step up I guess), but it really depends on what you want. PS3's serious hardware for pros but caters to casuals, whereas 360 is for the kids pretending to be pro. Live Arcade's so full of that win stuff(specially with Duke Nukem & PA, natch), and titles/sequels like GoW & Fable are almost necessary(only reason I bought an original 'box was for fable). They're cheap enough now I guess.

aw cmon, they both wanna cater to casuals! whaddya think that avatar system is shooting for? also, latest rumor has that big fall update in november, with lotsa advertising. you really cant blame either side for wanting in on the nintendo monies.

but hey, SOF, if you want to hear the fanboy perspective (and really, who doesnt? there's so few of them on these internets) try this. though i gotta say, if youve the time to invest in another system with a great lineup like the 360's got, you should think about waiting a bit; we just got a great pricecut, woudlnt be surprised of EU did by the holidays too.