Hondo's Bar

Xbox 360

The NZA

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sho 'nuff.

so, after acquiring Tales of Vesparia and Lost Oddysey from newt, i went looking to see if it was worth installing them to the drive (ive a ton of space left) and lo and behold, its great on both of them from what im reading. Had to share this link:

360 install chart - find out if the speed is worth the space it takes, pretty handy.

sho 'nuff.

so, after acquiring Tales of Vesparia and Lost Oddysey from newt, i went looking to see if it was worth installing them to the drive (ive a ton of space left) and lo and behold, its great on both of them from what im reading. Had to share this link:

360 install chart - find out if the speed is worth the space it takes, pretty handy.

My main reason for installing games is so I don't have the disc constantly spinning in the tray. I've noticed a few games where load times are cut, but really, is 5 extra seconds every now and then really that big a deal? But hey it is nice to have the option and it's nice it actually does noticably improve a lot of games. And in the case of Last Remnant if you install it, the load times are actually so much quicker you don't have time to read the helpful hints during the loading screens, which in some cases is the only way you find out about certain aspects of battle. Yet the battles themselves are STILL choppy as hell.

Hope you like Lost Odyssey, I think it is judged unfairly, and the dream backstory sequences are a wonderfully unique and moving way to experience the story.

Nah, you had Popful Mail, Sonic CD, 3rd World War, Snatcher, Monkey Island, and Rise of the Dragon. The best home port of Final Fight didn't hurt either (even though Streets of Rage was STILL better.)

Speak not of what you do not know.

Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Darkside. There should be more love for this series.

It's the only game where I got to pit Bill Clinton against a chihuaha.

• 1 month later...
Is that an irish flag on your tshirt?

Also, your face blends very well into the white background.

why, yes it is, sir. they dont offer an american one, so i opted for the lesser country of origin.

and yes, ive been working on my tan, how kind of you to notice. :love:

shane looks like a pimp.

here goes other Hondonians:

there's LL & Sen, ill add Chief, newt etc later.

ah, didnt know you did one for your current account. id argue yours is more accurate than DoJ and certainly Bish. im also uncertain why panch has asian eyes, or why skeet clearly works at IKEA, but hey, ive got a cool scar, so its a wash.

• 3 weeks later...

:ghost:

....well, today was the day, folks. took about a year and a half, but my xbox shat itself and died this afternoon, right at the tail-end of Vesperia no less. between this and my car breaking down in the morning, im not overly pleased.

the only silver lining is the fact that i took a 2-year service plan from Best Buy, so im hoping i can swap for the new bundle with Fable 2 & Halo 3, get a few free games for my troubles. Im concerned that these bundles are Falcons/Zephyrs but the only elite jaspers ive read of so far are the red, RE5 bundle ones, and spiffytee's suggestion of swapping the case sounds like more effort than ive the patience for right now.

Anyway, wish me luck tomorrow, hopefully i dont get much shit about this. Im using the system more these days, even halfway debating getting gold Live again if its cheap enough, but im flat fucking broke at the moment, so this better go off without a hitch. fucking MS, i havent had to deal with this shit since i had like two PS1s die on me in the day, i still hear i lucked out with that launch PS2.

ah, didnt know you did one for your current account. id argue yours is more accurate than DoJ and certainly Bish. im also uncertain why panch has asian eyes, or why skeet clearly works at IKEA, but hey, ive got a cool scar, so its a wash.

Mine was thrown together half assedly, my hair colour and facial hair is way off. I'll get around to updating it whenever i turn the thing on again.

Next year or some shit.

Sucks about your 360 though nick.

Yeah, but it worked out!

Best Buy's service plan saved the day. Itd paid a whopping $450 for my elite years back (when i was in a fire dept, natch) and turns out, the new Halo 3/Fable 2 bundle runs $400! left me enough to get another service plan (just in case) and grab a 13-month XBL gold card for like $20, cant beat that with a bat. Tossed in the old drive, worked like a charm. That thing dying was the best deal for me, i should do this like every year when there's a new bundle.

Gonna go change my handle tomorrow with skeet's help, also gonna see if i can trade some of my games on neogaf/elsewhere (any recommendations, people?) and land a cheap copy of Left 4 Dead, mebbe Rock Band 2 and join in with some of you kids finally.

• 2 months later...