Hondo's Bar

Xbox 360

The NZA

Word of advice-when you create your gamer profile, be sure to link it to your msn passport straight up to avoid all manner of shit later.

Agreed, i can't get mine to link up to my msn id whatsoever...

And SoF, gimme a week or so to dust it off, gather all the games i have for it up and what not. Sound good?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, so just tried out the NXE...

its sharp, i like the changes. i havent had a chance to install any games to the drive, but i did join a "party" (read: cross game chat) and the concept's fun.

the avatar thing is a huge, huge wii rip, but we all knew that. i gotta say, customizing it pretty gay, but i guess since nintendo had so much fun with them at first, it was bound to happen, but with microtransactions. at least the blades feel a bit less cluttered, we'll see if the community thing of planned gaming events ever entices me, but again, its a fun idea.

swear to god, if i could ever hack the background of this thing, in a small corner, itd say "XBL brought to you in spirit by SegaNet"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok, so after talking to some kotakuites, i think im gonna try swapping my current elite & drive for a jasper one. for those not keeping score, the japser chipset runs cooler, at less power, and theoretically eliminates all threat of the RROD, and i like systems built to last - especially since its way to early to conjecture what kinda BC the 720 will have.

Jaspers loose in the market, another great article breaking down what the jasper brings.

• 1 month later...

Ill be the newest fanboy for the 360...

360 is the best system (aside from a personally built PC) period. If you like shitty shovel-ware games with unresponsive controls go get a Wii (which I own). If you want a glorified Blu-Ray player/PS2 and the ability to play games a full year after they come out, grab a PoS3 (which I also own, 60gb). Honestly the ONLY thing the ps3 has going for it, and this is only if you have a 60gb version, is the ability to play PS2 games. Sure if you want to count the Metal Gear Solid 80gb version that has the amazing ability to play 52% of PS2 games then I guess we can do that. So you can add a bigger hard drive into the ps3....because it MAKES you install games. I know how shitty the 360's themselves can be, but that's why you buy it at Best Buy and get a service plan. I've yet to get a RROD on my regular or elite models. I had to return my first 360 but that's only because I smoked inside and can't clean the inside like I do with my pc's. 299 + 59 dollar service plan is STILL cheaper than the ps3 was. Now they are the same price as the Regular 360 model. Woot Sony loses even more money to try to keep their console afloat. I've had my elite over a year and it's running perfectly.

More dumping on the ps3. I've seen claims that the ps3 is more powerful. Yes technical specs may dictate that should be so. Game wise the PS3 has 15 games that are 1080p native (not including upscaled PS1 games or PSN games). 360 has 17 (not including XBL games, and I don't think it upscales any xbox games but they are discluded as well). There also seems to be minor graphical differences, maybe because they had so much extra time to tweak it. But I am hard pressed to see the difference between games that share consoles between the PS3 and 360. Frame rates are also the same. Even if it is technically better, no one is taking advantage of it. PSN is horrible, Home Beta is a joke. So why on earth would you ever get a PS3 if you don't want a blu-ray player? Smaller selection of games? You like playing games after everyone has already beaten them and told you everything about them? You get a better version of Alone in the Dark and Vampire Rain (OMFG!!!) or a couple of extra powers with Bioshock that are also available on the 360? And before you say something about xbox 360 compatibility it is 51%. That's for EVERY model. Hell the 60gb ps3 isn't even 100% and it has a ps2 inside of it. So Sony sure is superior in every way huh. Come on PS3 fanboys show me your hate. Try to justify your picking the wrong console!

And I just to clarify nothing compares to a PC. If I had to pick one machine to play games on it would ALWAYS be a PC.

(Please move this to the PS3 thread if I am just preaching to the choir here)

I like RPG's. That pretty much sealed the deal with my console choice.

PS3 RPGs:

Oblivion (on 360, with more DLC)

Enchanted Arms (on 360)

Eternal Sonata (on 360)

Fallout 3 (on 360, with more DLC)

Folklore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (on 360)

Rise of the Argonauts (on 360)

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Valkyria Chronicles

White Night Chronicles

Disgea 3: Absence of Justice

That's all I know of. I miss something? Those last 3 look neat-o, but that aint gonna justify a console purchase. Especially since I already have a blu-ray player.

X360 RPGs:

Blue Dragon

Oblivion

Enchanted Arms

Eternal Sonata

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Final Fantasy XI

Infinite Undiscovery

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom

The Last Remnant

Lost Odyssey

Marvel Ultimate Allaince

Mass Effect

Phantasy Start Universe

Rise of the Argonauts

Spectral Force 3

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope

Swords and Monsters (heheh)

Tales of Vesperia

Two Worlds

Yeah, there's some shit in there, but where are the best RPG's this generation? And better versions of cross platform ones ( I would be so pissed off if I had Fallout 3 on PS3 and didn't have the opportunity to get the real ending coming with the Broken Steel dlc).

I don't understand people who have loyalty to which faceless, evil corporation likes them more: they both hate you. I made my decision based on games, which made my decision pretty damn easy.

I can make this exact same argument with virtually any genre. And as for exclusives, I can count ps3 exclusives I'm interested in on one hand.

People can bitch all day about hardware failures, the factory warranty has covered any problems I've ever had for free. And if their weren't so many good games to play, it probably wouldn't get abused so much, besides the new heatsinks fix that. My launch PS2's disc drive fucked up pretty quick and I was hung out to dry, but that issue was eventually fixed and now no one cares, remembers or holds it against it.

PS3 RPGs:

Enchanted Arms (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Eternal Sonata (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Folklore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Rise of the Argonauts (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Valkyria Chronicles

White Night Chronicles

I love RPGs and the 360 in my eyes were lacking any really worth playing. The only one I love was

Tales of Vesperia and the others nothing but letdowns.

I don't understand people who have loyalty to which faceless, evil corporation likes them more: they both hate you. I made my decision based on games, which made my decision pretty damn easy.

Which is why I sold my 360. I have not played a game 360 game since Nov and I don't really see any game I really want so I got rid of it.

And thus the last thing that kept us together is gone.

Goodnight Newtype.

But you said you'll love me even without a 360.

Was our time together a lie? :D

Edited by newtype

PS3 RPGs:

Enchanted Arms (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Eternal Sonata (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Folklore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Rise of the Argonauts (on 360)<---also on the PS3

Valkyria Chronicles

White Night Chronicles

I guess I thought the "also on the PS3" arrows were redundant, since it says "PS3 RPGs:" directly above the list. It was a silly assumption.

If it works better for you, right on. It wouldn't work better for me, there are a lot of games I'm looking forward to. I like dlc for games I enjoy the hell out of. When PS3 eventually has enough to offer me, I'll reconsider. Right now it's the original xbox and the 360 is the PS2, the ps3 will eventually accumulate enough killer apps to interest me and I'll grab one several years down the road.

You'll have to forgive him Logan, the PS3 blinders and all.

Still, I take a bit of umbrage at the 360 exclusive RPGs not being very good. I specifically have to say that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were great, if decidedly old school. Blue Dragon was a pretty impressive DQ style RPG, and Lost Odyssey was a VERY well put together game, with a great storyline, combat, and characters. Newt's been itching to dump every bit of hate he could on the 360, but hey, I got some good games off him for cheap, so no skin off my back.

For all the shit I give it, the PS3 is a great piece of hardware with some great exclusives. I prefer the exclusives on the 360, but that's personal preference. I prefer XBL over PSN, payment be damned, and I've bought about 10x as many games on 360 as PS3.

(Of course I don't own a PS3, gunsmith does.) PS3 was

At first I thought Newt didn't like shooters, mainly because he hated on Halo and Gears so very much. 360, especially early one excelled at them. Then I saw him buying Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 the second they came out, so I guess that shit is out.

I still argue that he's been looking for reasons to hate on that thing for years now.

You'll have to forgive him Logan, the PS3 blinders and all.

Still, I take a bit of umbrage at the 360 exclusive RPGs not being very good. I specifically have to say that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were great, if decidedly old school. Blue Dragon was a pretty impressive DQ style RPG, and Lost Odyssey was a VERY well put together game, with a great storyline, combat, and characters. Newt's been itching to dump every bit of hate he could on the 360, but hey, I got some good games off him for cheap, so no skin off my back.

For all the shit I give it, the PS3 is a great piece of hardware with some great exclusives. I prefer the exclusives on the 360, but that's personal preference. I prefer XBL over PSN, payment be damned, and I've bought about 10x as many games on 360 as PS3.

(Of course I don't own a PS3, gunsmith does.) PS3 was

At first I thought Newt didn't like shooters, mainly because he hated on Halo and Gears so very much. 360, especially early one excelled at them. Then I saw him buying Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 the second they came out, so I guess that shit is out.

I still argue that he's been looking for reasons to hate on that thing for years now.

I had the 360 for 3 years. What more do want from me.

Just so you know I hate Hate halo 2-3 but I did enjoy 1 And I didn't like gears But I never said I hated it. (Wish I knew what happen to my copy of wolfenstein)

I give you Blue dragon but fuck Lost odyssey.

Sorry about Logan but when I'm at work I have to read fast so I tend to miss a few things (My computer at work is not suppost to have internet so I have to be quick about it)

Seeing how I got rid of my 360 anybody looking to buy old Xbox games?

oh god, the fanboy madness continues.

360 is the best system (aside from a personally built PC) period. If you like shitty shovel-ware games with unresponsive controls go get a Wii (which I own). If you want a glorified Blu-Ray player/PS2 and the ability to play games a full year after they come out, grab a PoS3 (which I also own, 60gb). Honestly the ONLY thing the ps3 has going for it, and this is only if you have a 60gb version, is the ability to play PS2 games. Sure if you want to count the Metal Gear Solid 80gb version that has the amazing ability to play 52% of PS2 games then I guess we can do that.

its closer to 85% from what ive read, most people i know with the 80GB dont fuss about not being able to play much. still, its a moot point since they shoudlntve taken it out either way.

also, id argue you're undershooting a lot of great ps3 exclusives, personally.

So you can add a bigger hard drive into the ps3....because it MAKES you install games.

that part's kinda shitty. recently, though, its been more optional (though some arent so much an option when you look at the load times without). whats weird is games like resistance 2, killzone 2 etc dont seem to require any real kind of install. i dont know enough to say if that's lazy programming on the dev's end or the fact that the blu-ray drive in the ps3 isnt known for its speed.

I know how shitty the 360's themselves can be, but that's why you buy it at Best Buy and get a service plan. I've yet to get a RROD on my regular or elite models. I had to return my first 360 but that's only because I smoked inside and can't clean the inside like I do with my pc's. 299 + 59 dollar service plan is STILL cheaper than the ps3 was. Now they are the same price as the Regular 360 model. Woot Sony loses even more money to try to keep their console afloat. I've had my elite over a year and it's running perfectly.

same deal with my elite, but honestly? i hate hearing that shit. I shouldntve had to get a best buy plan to have peace of mind; ive never bought a warranty on shit prior to my 360. im still trying to swap mine out for a jasper.

i only take consolation in knowing that the xbox 720 will inevitably be built like a goddamn tank.

More dumping on the ps3. I've seen claims that the ps3 is more powerful. Yes technical specs may dictate that should be so. Game wise the PS3 has 15 games that are 1080p native (not including upscaled PS1 games or PSN games). 360 has 17 (not including XBL games, and I don't think it upscales any xbox games but they are discluded as well). There also seems to be minor graphical differences, maybe because they had so much extra time to tweak it. But I am hard pressed to see the difference between games that share consoles between the PS3 and 360. Frame rates are also the same. Even if it is technically better, no one is taking advantage of it.

ive read techies compare/contrast on the hardware but as ever, its only the games that matter - ps2 was the weakest of the 3 last gen. im happy that the vast majority of multi-plat releases these days are so close that even gametrailers has a hard time distinguishing.

PSN is horrible, Home Beta is a joke.

wait, how is PSN horrible? shit's free and i dont catch much lag. theyre even getting some great games on the store these days...cmon now.

So why on earth would you ever get a PS3 if you don't want a blu-ray player? Smaller selection of games? You like playing games after everyone has already beaten them and told you everything about them? You get a better version of Alone in the Dark and Vampire Rain (OMFG!!!) or a couple of extra powers with Bioshock that are also available on the 360? And before you say something about xbox 360 compatibility it is 51%. That's for EVERY model. Hell the 60gb ps3 isn't even 100% and it has a ps2 inside of it. So Sony sure is superior in every way huh. Come on PS3 fanboys show me your hate. Try to justify your picking the wrong console!

man, that's what the world needs. more console fanboys.

i got a ps3 (before my xbox) for liking their exclusives better. i still do, especially this year, though i like the western RPGs and such the 360s gotten me onto.

honestly, your argument's kind of inane. 360 had a year head start, and much of that was ps2 upscales. there's an overall bigger library, no doubt, but the "no games" argument hasnt flown with me since '07. also, who's waiting on ports these days? damn near everything is simultaneous release, regardless of which system it was originally designed on. im not sure you've actually been playing your system much if you're still on some of this here.

for posterity: i play a lotta shit on mine, and the only game my 60GB (sadly) doesnt play is Wu-Tang from the PS1. that's it. as a big fan of BC, i totally think MS dropped the ball there, and then Sony went and did it worse.

either way, justify nothing - i dont hate, but i dont understand people who used to be gamers and come off now more as corporate cheerleaders. everyone's got a favorite brand, nothing wrong with that, but why the vitriol?

ps im working on softmodding my wii. i swear to you, that system's value to me is about to skyrocket. the homebrew scene there is awesome - i know that doesnt speak well of a system's library, my having to say that, but anyway, its a lot more fun then just waiting on No More Heroes 2 and punch-out!!.

logan:

PS3 RPGs:

Enchanted Arms (on 360)

Eternal Sonata (on 360)

Folklore

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (on 360)

Rise of the Argonauts (on 360)

Valkyria Chronicles

White Night Chronicles

That's all I know of. I miss something? Those last 3 look neat-o, but that aint gonna justify a console purchase. Especially since I already have a blu-ray player.

X360 RPGs:

Blue Dragon

Oblivion

Enchanted Arms

Eternal Sonata

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Final Fantasy XI

Infinite Undiscovery

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom

The Last Remnant

Lost Odyssey

Marvel Ultimate Allaince

Mass Effect

Phantasy Start Universe

Rise of the Argonauts

Spectral Force 3

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope

Swords and Monsters (heheh)

Tales of Vesperia

Two Worlds

for me, it goes ps3: Valkyria, Disgaea (if youre into that series), and White Knight. Ill add Yakuza 3 cause it looks good so far but its not really an RPG.

xbox gets Tales, Star Ocean (if it turns out good), Mass Effect (though the sequel might be multi-plat?), Fable 2 and Lost Oddysey. most others (could be wrong) on both sides look neglibible, and im not mentioning Fallout or the other multi-plats.

so by the #'s, the xbox wins out. i just dont think weve seen the best of this gen's RPGs yet either way.

Yeah, there's some shit in there, but where are the best RPG's this generation? And better versions of cross platform ones ( I would be so pissed off if I had Fallout 3 on PS3 and didn't have the opportunity to get the real ending coming with the Broken Steel dlc).

yeah, i missed out on that, and its a shame since it looks fun.

i dont blame bethesda though; they did a solid port and honestly, after FF XIII its pretty evident almost no one can afford to do a big exclusive unless sony/ms funds your studio, so im starting to accept that exclusive DLC might be the new battleground.

AMEN BROTHER!

That's it. He's fighting all my fights from now on. :D

I can make this exact same argument with virtually any genre. And as for exclusives, I can count ps3 exclusives I'm interested in on one hand.

mebbe, but they dont get as much advertising. there's not much of exclusives on either side this year im hyped about, but for ps3 its Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and whatever Team Ico does. for 360, id just like anything on Alan Wake now that Mistalker studios seems to be packing up (which totally sucks, i wanted to see Cry On).

When PS3 eventually has enough to offer me, I'll reconsider. Right now it's the original xbox and the 360 is the PS2, the ps3 will eventually accumulate enough killer apps to interest me and I'll grab one several years down the road.

that's pretty much everyone's argument, and its pretty fair. shit needs to come down in price (regardless of how much theyre losing on it) and i think there's a lotta people that would love to get in on it, but dont see $400 worth of reason to. i think sony expected MGS4 to move more units, and it woudlve, i think, if shit was closer to $300 and under. if they somehow dont cut the price by a fair amount when God of War 3 comes out, theyre fucking themselves right up.

and yeah, bish: newt is an out-an-out ps3 fanboy, which is as obvious as when we talk about women gunsmith wont bang, but i swear he does half of this here for the negative reinforcement from skeet and sometimes you, heh.

its closer to 85% from what ive read, most people i know with the 80GB dont fuss about not being able to play much. still, its a moot point since they shoudlntve taken it out either way.

also, id argue you're undershooting a lot of great ps3 exclusives, personally.

same deal with my elite, but honestly? i hate hearing that shit. I shouldntve had to get a best buy plan to have peace of mind; ive never bought a warranty on shit prior to my 360. im still trying to swap mine out for a jasper.

i only take consolation in knowing that the xbox 720 will inevitably be built like a goddamn tank.

85%? Well that's better, I haven't read up since the release and that 52% was the figure I was told back then.

As for exclusives, I'm not a big fan of console FPS, i just can't do it with a gamepad. Killzone 2 was a good game for what I played, Resistance 1 was fun, 2 I didn't really care for. Little Big Planet and MGS4 are truly spectacular games though. I really enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles and Disgea 3. Lair was horrible, as was SOCOM, Uncharted was fun, and I just didn't like Heavenly Sword though it isn't a bad game really. None of these games alone are worth buying the system for in my opinion and these games taken together barely justify it. I know those aren't all the exclusives just most of the ones I've played. Oh yeah MGS4 is no longer an exclusive...lol

And come on, ALL electronic equipment is faulty. I think it is a worthwhile investment.

wait, how is PSN horrible? shit's free and i dont catch much lag. theyre even getting some great games on the store these days...cmon now.

Well first I am pissed at my own stupidity for spending $50 on a ps1 version of Suikoden 1 and then seeing it on the PSN for $5.99 a few months later. Secondly I just think that compared to XBL it is clunky. And I hate that tax isn't figured into sales before hand so I end up with like $3.52 that I'll never use.

i got a ps3 (before my xbox) for liking their exclusives better. i still do, especially this year, though i like the western RPGs and such the 360s gotten me onto.

honestly, your argument's kind of inane. 360 had a year head start, and much of that was ps2 upscales. there's an overall bigger library, no doubt, but the "no games" argument hasnt flown with me since '07. also, who's waiting on ports these days? damn near everything is simultaneous release, regardless of which system it was originally designed on. im not sure you've actually been playing your system much if you're still on some of this here.

I said "smaller selection of games." And it's true. Plus again even some of the exclusive aren't up to par. If you're going to pick, I'd say get the one with more and arguably better games. And no one is waiting on ports now days...2.5 years after launch...it's not worth the effort now.

for posterity: i play a lotta shit on mine, and the only game my 60GB (sadly) doesnt play is Wu-Tang from the PS1. that's it. as a big fan of BC, i totally think MS dropped the ball there, and then Sony went and did it worse.

either way, justify nothing - i dont hate, but i dont understand people who used to be gamers and come off now more as corporate cheerleaders. everyone's got a favorite brand, nothing wrong with that, but why the vitriol?

I'm just having fun with ps3 owners. Like I said i am a pc guy, but I own every system out (DS and PSP included). The only ps2/1 game I have found so far that doesnt work on the 60gb is Tales of Legandia.

ps im working on softmodding my wii. i swear to you, that system's value to me is about to skyrocket. the homebrew scene there is awesome - i know that doesnt speak well of a system's library, my having to say that, but anyway, its a lot more fun then just waiting on No More Heroes 2 and punch-out!!.

Homebrew scene for Wii? Please explain, I need a reason to not trade it in other than being able to get games for my DSi. Grabbing Madworld tommorow, today, whatever.

And I hope we haven't seen the best this generation has to offer RPG or other genre wise. I just don't like this trend of games becoming shorter with less and less involvement by the player, while budgets for games increase 10-fold.

And I'll go ahead and fuck myself for everyone's pleasure. The reason I bought my 360 originally was for Geometry Wars....feel free to laugh.

As for exclusives, I'm not a big fan of console FPS, i just can't do it with a gamepad. Killzone 2 was a good game for what I played, Resistance 1 was fun, 2 I didn't really care for. Little Big Planet and MGS4 are truly spectacular games though. I really enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles and Disgea 3. Lair was horrible, as was SOCOM, Uncharted was fun, and I just didn't like Heavenly Sword though it isn't a bad game really. None of these games alone are worth buying the system for in my opinion and these games taken together barely justify it. I know those aren't all the exclusives just most of the ones I've played. Oh yeah MGS4 is no longer an exclusive...lol

ah, shut my mouth, you know about a lotta good games, heh.

i cant argue with you PC FPS kids; youre used to a better control setup. im kinda sad that after UT we dont see more crossovers, user-content wise or keyboard/mouse option, though im hopeful itll be a standard option mebbe next gen? i guess youd need a system to recoginize the difference inputs so you mouse kids dont get onto us gamepad kids' servers and slaugher us.

i tend to feel most of those justify it for me, but again, Lunar 1 & 2 almost alone made me feel the Sega-CD was worth it, so im clearly not the best judge for everyone else. fellow Hondonian losifer sings the praises of Folklore, but youve played many of the big exclusives.

and i dont know that the iphone's upcoming Duck Hunt MGS4 counts, though id still put money on the inevitable Subsistence expansion being multi-plat.

And come on, ALL electronic equipment is faulty. I think it is a worthwhile investment.

youre not wrong, im just cheap and typically dont do this. by and large ive been lucky (my launch-day PS2 never crapped out!) but ps1s i burned out 2 of em.

Well first I am pissed at my own stupidity for spending $50 on a ps1 version of Suikoden 1 and then seeing it on the PSN for $5.99 a few months later. Secondly I just think that compared to XBL it is clunky. And I hate that tax isn't figured into sales before hand so I end up with like $3.52 that I'll never use.

aw, but you got a disc version! i value those more. still, its only PSNs fault for not releasing more titles and quicker, like the japanese store gets.

you think the new store's clunky? ive got no real preference on stores, but i like PSN not forcing me to buy set dollar amounts (im assuming youre using prepaid cards if youre running into that?), but if that three fiddy is killing you, i really recommend Noby Noby Boy or Flower.

if you put them head-to-head, XBL arcade has more to offer, and way more in awesome classics. i do like how PSNs becoming this crazy indie house though.

I said "smaller selection of games." And it's true. Plus again even some of the exclusive aren't up to par. If you're going to pick, I'd say get the one with more and arguably better games. And no one is waiting on ports now days...2.5 years after launch...it's not worth the effort now.

yeah, but ports have been simultaneous the last year or so, with a few small exceptions (im assuming bioshock had more to do with licensing/whatever agreement they had with MS).

Homebrew scene for Wii? Please explain, I need a reason to not trade it in other than being able to get games for my DSi. Grabbing Madworld tommorow, today, whatever.

im totally gonna post as i go in the Wii thread. ive already put up how to unlock the system & get homebrew going, im currently working on an .ISO loader to bootleg sweet sweet bootleg play imports, but ill keep it up in that thread for your benefit as well - trust me, im with you on trying to make the most of that sytem.

And I hope we haven't seen the best this generation has to offer RPG or other genre wise. I just don't like this trend of games becoming shorter with less and less involvement by the player, while budgets for games increase 10-fold.

And I'll go ahead and fuck myself for everyone's pleasure. The reason I bought my 360 originally was for Geometry Wars....feel free to laugh.

on your first point, thats been the trend for some J-RPGs, but im hopeful for FF XIII with all this talk of its chrono trigger-like system. we'll see.

and hey, i aint laughing: that game kept bishopcruz on MS' nuts for like the first 6 months he had that system. ill go you one better and admit that, when i had gold, id play Team Fortress 2, Bomberman and others, but no single game more than Uno online.

ah, shut my mouth, you know about a lotta good games, heh.

i cant argue with you PC FPS kids; youre used to a better control setup. im kinda sad that after UT we dont see more crossovers, user-content wise or keyboard/mouse option, though im hopeful itll be a standard option mebbe next gen? i guess youd need a system to recoginize the difference inputs so you mouse kids dont get onto us gamepad kids' servers and slaugher us.

i tend to feel most of those justify it for me, but again, Lunar 1 & 2 almost alone made me feel the Sega-CD was worth it, so im clearly not the best judge for everyone else. fellow Hondonian losifer sings the praises of Folklore, but youve played many of the big exclusives.

Folklore was good as well, forgot that one as I played it on a borrowed ps3 before I had my own. But I work at Gamestop so I get to and feel it's my duty as an employee (lol my wife believes it!) to play every game that is released. But I've become a bitter old curmuddgeon when it comes to games now a days. I long for the days of old when games were punishing and overly long.

and i dont know that the iphone's upcoming Duck Hunt MGS4 counts, though id still put money on the inevitable Subsistence expansion being multi-plat.

youre not wrong, im just cheap and typically dont do this. by and large ive been lucky (my launch-day PS2 never crapped out!) but ps1s i burned out 2 of em.

Wow a launch day ps2 that didn't at least have the tray stop working! That belongs in a museum.

And I bought Noby-Noby Bow and Flower, and that's why I have an odd amount left...stupid pre-paid cards. PSN would never accept my credit cards for some reason. But MGS4 is coming to the 360. At least that's what my boss told me. I'll check if it reservable or even in the system next time I work.

And a general gripe towards consoles, why don't they allow keyboard and mouse input? I mean the systems themselves do, it is just a matter of programming and with games that are being released on consoles as well as PC there is no reason they can't cut and paste some code. Or it couldn't be that bad to write it in. MS and Sony could even make brand specific keyboards and mice so they would increase revenue. It just seems like a loss to me, and I don't get why it isn't at least an option. Some games, Dead Space is a perfect example, just play better with a gamepad, and some would be soo much better with a keyboard and mouse. Hopefully next gen... :D