Hondo's Bar

Xbox 360

The NZA

both pro evo and fifa said their games were rushed onto the 360, hence them both lacking a lot of features

hopefully seven'll be better than six, i found long range goals (with the likes of gerrard) all too easy to come by, but for sheer gameplay, it cant be beat..... but yeah, 07 on the 360 was the closest thing to pro evo that wasnt pro evo, if that makes much sense...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...hows this coming? still scratching discs? You sure you didnt move it around while it was on or somethin? ive heard of the noise complaints, but i dont know how widespread a problem the scratching is.

It's weird. I stick in Lego Star Wars and it gets to the loading screen then get the "this disc can not load, it may be scratched blah, blah, blah" message. Then I pour near boiling water on the disc (something I used to do with fucked up CDs before I knew how to take care of 'em better) and it loads perfectly. Take the sucker out and try play it again it won't work. Do the water thing again and it's working. Don't question the logic, just love.

LSW is the only one I've done it with thusfar, 'cause basically I want 100% (I'm at 70 right now) and I don't want to temp fate, but it's working.

When I got the 360 one of my mates, an avid-PS3phile, albeit one who to this day still hasn't bought one, was telling me how it fucked up games but I didn't really believe him so it must not be only me. Fuck, even Skeeter had the problem...but what with silly Australia facing the wrong way up what more can you expect? As for knocking the system I haven't. Wireless and all means I'm nowhere near that motherfucker.

I don't know. It's working for now so that's all I care about. LSW should be finished tonight and then I can get onto business and try it out on PES. I like how this is my plan although I really should be packing my bags (which I haven't even started).

I also have a question for those in the know: will my 360 work overseas (I'm presuming not the games, but importing them is no biggie anyways)? Should I be looking to sell this one off when my excellent adventure/bogus journey is over or will keeping it be okay? I remember when I brought my 64 to Ireland the fucking thing would work, but only in black and white which was a pain in the tits. Still played that thing like a motherfucker though...

...shit. well i hope it keeps workin. And i hope that's LSW II, cause i really dug that one, gotta get back to it one day.

as for your question, ill ask around if bish cant answer it; i always thought it was a regioin issue, PAL vs NTSC and differnet electricity uh, elebits or something. are importing prices not a bitch these days, but did you mean "ima figure out how to download games like my main man nick"? cause im thinking the latter.

Yeah, well I can just call a family member and say "Y'know I really like the looks a that 'GuyGame 360: More underage Hos than Rain.2.Skies Can shake his pubeless dick at' and was thinking if you got me a copy I could send you the cash or whatever...oh, what's that you say? Don't worry about the cash? Oh you!" which I can't say I've tried yet but in theory it's sound.

Either that or Ebay that shit (mark it as a gift or no 5 star rating for you, dickalick).

With the power differences I can just pick up a converter. I remember with the 64 I just got a European converter and slotted it in and it worked fine. Don't know if I want to risk that with the machine which is the 360, lest I risk taking down the power supply for the whole block, that thing's a brick - so I'd probably use the converter on that.

I'm pretty sure Bish, Panch, several others told me the 360 is indeed region-free, so games should be no drama, just power. Take it on, man. You needs the next-gen, even if it fucks with your shitty taste in games. Mine only fucked shit up when the console moved.

...actually, i could be mistaken here, but bish was just tellin me yesterday that my ps3 was somehow region-free, but that the 360 is not, in regards to import games. Again, gotta verify this with him but im pretty sure he said it.

YOU SHUT UP YOU MONSTER!!!!!

Or maybe you weren't to know we didn't get this down under. I actually just sent Microsoft an abusive query asking/expressing my rage about this.

I look forward to a prompt response.

I got 1,000 points on TMNT all by my lonesome. Actually, where did my gamercard disappear to I'm closing in on 5 thou. Gotta get that shit back up.

I'm guessing however Skeet is talking about the Oz Live Arcades lack of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game. I was gonna get that tonight after way too long but I think I may just boycott the whole idea in support of my dear Skeetz. Plus I should really be packing. The fuck am I doing on Hondo's anyways...

Fucking Hondo's....

crack.jpg

So still no TMNT love, and apparently all the 'fuck's, 'bitches' and the direct quote "... Dig out Bill Gates' colon with my bony fingers" in the query I sent microsoft made it too complex to answer via email, so they reffered me to the customer support line & a good anger therapist.

Aside from that though, the update came, and it was awesome. Way it runs is like so-

MSN- your msn contact list just combines with your xbl friends list, and pressing Y will hide the msn list if you just want xbl friends. Haven't tried chatting yet, but it's not the rosey pop-up the screencaps'd lead us to believe. I got alana to shoot me through a message while I was playing guitar hero & it uses the same system as the achievements(it pops up, you gotta hit the guide button to continue), which is a pain in the arse.

Updated achievements- this is actually pretty cool. I know there was bugger-all resistance to getting 'ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED' and just hitting the guide button to check it out, but having it all just appear there is teh goods. Saves one less bit've fucking around.

Updated Marketplace- It took a bit of getting off the ground(ie three hours to load up) but I checked it out before work this morning and it's pretty tidy. I haven't gotten the chance to check out the auto-shut-off after downloading yet(woo, exciting!!), but it's all pretty sweet, and anyone sitting on the fence should go sell their PS3 go get an Elite of something.