Hondo's Bar

Xbox 360

The NZA

Cj just brought home his 360 this morning. He's setting up his XboxLIVE account... I told him he would have friends on it from Hondos! so what is everyone's info? and how do you add people or how the fuck does this shit work?

What name does he go by? That way I can add him to my list of friends.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, fuckin roomate akhtar is killin me, told me that one of the "black friday" sales at amazon was 360's in limitd quanity for $100 :sad: ! but he said it was so crazy, he coudlnt even get onto the site that night.

...how much are these things these days, and how much for XBL? any chance of a competitive price drop to match if/when sony matches their japanese price in '07?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

...how much are these things these days, and how much for XBL? any chance of a competitive price drop to match if/when sony matches their japanese price in '07?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

:)

What? They're AU$580 with a game. Live Silver membership comes standard with enables you to download demos & send voice/text/photo messages to friends online(only thing Gold offers is playing online & video chats). Fuck-all chance of bootlegging 'cause Big Brother is watching thru Live & will see you naughty or nice. Ebay'll have a few good trade-in units with the suckers pawning their mothers for PS3s. My info's pretty shit man, whadda you want from me?

Ok, i could google this, but i can't be bothered.

Seeing the deal DoJ got on his XBox got me a thinking.

And having drooled at the Gears of War trailers on the net.

Basically, Xbox core is about €289, and Full is €399

What are the differences.

I don't have a HD television yet, so does that mean that if i bought core now, i wouldn't be able to use HDMI when i get my plasma?

Man I just lost the whole big post i wrote. I hate when that happens.

here's what you need to know about the difference between core & premier: forget all the shit with Sony & their different packs, no matter which 360 pack you get they're HD or normal tv ready. Core gives you the console & a corded control, maybe a punch inna teeth I dunno. Premier(the only way to go, ask Panch) gives you the CPU, cordless control, 20G harddrive,(i'm not sure what leads it gives you- I think it's the same as ghetto-pack) and your ethernet cable. Seriously, that's the way to go. Dunno if you keep your consoles inna lounge or have a designated dork-room area, but this thing can be the media hub for your PC & home entertainment if you let it. Any other questions you have ask, I had this nice long rant & deleted the mofo before I posted it. I'm just great like that.

Just for the record the 360 core pack does not come with component cables which you would need in order to do HD, the non gimp is definitely the way to go, especially since you get the headset and all the other shit, the hard drive is also a must.

There are so many great games out for this thing now it's incredible, right now I am loving Viva Pinata, GoW, DOAX2, Project Gotham, and Ultimate Alliance. Gunsmith also grabbed Tomb Raider and it actually looks pretty sweet too.

One of the things I love is the voice chat between games, Skeet and I were chatting for a bit a few days ago, and it's cool to be able to be playing two completely different games and still be able to chat over live. It's great functionality.

Let us know when you get on SoF.

A gears of war game between the hondonians could be pretty damn sweet BTW.

XBL is about $50 a year, more if you pay monthly. The payment basically covers playing games online, video chat, and access to some demos and trailers a week earlier than Silver members. Silver members have access to everything other than that, including voice chat, and the marketplace.

As far as a price drop, it'll probably be coming around May would be my guess, but that's just me looking at the history of when consoles usually drop in price, it could be closer to next holiday though. MS is sitting pretty on the $299-$399 price mainly because the goddamn PS3 is so fucking expensive. MS said that they got a price cut when Sony announced their prices, and I have trouble arguing that.

mmm... all make extremely valid points... thanks skeet.

I'd be using it in my Living room, connecting it up to a 32" Widescreen CRT TV.

now if i came home with one of these, i'm convinced Janice would kill me, but a Hondo's Gears of War game would be savage, from what i've seen that game looks amazing, yet to play it.

So basically full system or nothing...

One of the things I love is the voice chat between games, Skeet and I were chatting for a bit a few days ago, and it's cool to be able to be playing two completely different games and still be able to chat over live. It's great functionality.

So you CAN voice chat with someone else/friends even though they are playing a different game at that moment?

Edited by MetalHeart

• 1 month later...

Here

xcm-xfps-360.jpg

The XFPS 360 adapter let you use any PS2 controller like Dual Shock 2, PC keyboard and PC mice on your Xbox 360. It features an auto fire function and is the best adapter for FPS like the upcoming Halo 3!

Thought you guys might be interested...its $80, tho.