Hondo's Bar

Xbox 360

The NZA

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, on 2nd thought, i cant knock the Elite: if i was gonna get a 360 at this point, itd be that. Its about $100 less than the PS3 (since they ditched the 20 gig model) but the HDMI and HD space'd prolly get me on board.

That said, i havent seen anyone comment on it, but another game you guys're getting that looks really cool is Left 4 Dead (click here for the trailer), think survival horror with crazy turbo-zombies all over.

Those lucky bastards at IGN U.K. have got a chance to do hands on with Turtle Rock Studios' upcoming zombie slaughter fest, Left 4 Dead. The newest addition to the zombie game brigade will feature 4 person co-op play and the ability to play either the survivors or the infected. IGN goes in to great detail about the different classes of infected and their various powers (they are not allowed to use traditional weapons).

The more i read on it, the better the game sounds - take a look.

haha...so it convinced me id go for it, but convinced you not to? i didnt know it said youd lose your shit, i heard there was a (albeit slightly cumbersome) transfer process you could do. I dont even have a 1080p TV but id still jump on the HDMI just cause.

whatd you think of the game i mentioend? check it out, it looks cool.

I didn't bother since 1) I haven't played a survival horror since Silent Hill or Resident Evil 2(I love those old PS1 games) and 2) I saw the pitch and it invoked bad memories of Dead Rising.

And there's a tranfer process? I saw nothing on that in that article.

Alright- that trailer's impressive. It looks like a Zombie Gears Of War. Thanks for pushing it man, that's something else I'm looking forward to(and another reason for you to get an Elite ).

And thanks for the transfer article too. Though there's still waaaay too much uncertainty in specific regard to live downloads. It says you gotta re-download everything once you move your saves, then says once they're moved you gotta reconfigure online? It also tells me my points/currency will be negated if I move the larger to the smaller, which makes no sense at all. If I do trade up I'll be keeping the old unit to put upstairs and make that the media centre/Alana's own 360, at the very aside from the fact that the harddrive weighs in at nigh-half the trade value of a 360, and trading the harddrive-less 360'll net me fuck-all. And on the very very gossamer-thin chance I were to trade up, I'd be going in with my eyes open and the second this thing gave me shit It'd be going back from whence it came. Ahdunno... It could be wonderful, but far be it for me to poopoo anything persuading Nick toward the darkside.

So, now I have 3 fucked up, scratched to shit unplayable games. Fucking wonderful. I had a PS2 for years with no problems. I had a regular Xbox and that was fine as well, but the almighty 360 has decided to fuck up $200 worth of games. I'm very close to selling or trading this fucking thing in. At this stage it's beyond a joke. Fuck the 360.

Yep, you heard it: fuck that piece of shit.

And obviously it's not just me that had this problem as Skeet pointed out. Paying such extortionate prices for games on this piece of shit only to have them fucked up so bad you can't play them? Nice.

A PS3 sounds mighty tempting right now (plus they're far easier to get than a freaking Wii :sarcasm: ). I'm gonna start peeping around for trade-in prices to see what I can get. Anyone know any good places for this link me up.

Sellout Stark Motherfucker*

Does Electronics Boutique over there not do scratch guarantees? I know some stores don't do it here, but a few still will, which makes it worthwhile. And aside from that, do you waltz with your motherfucking console while playing it?! Çause with all the cordless controls and whatnot I kinda assumed that this would be useful for uh... Playing and not, maybe, having animalistic sex with it? Seriously, all the times the thing has chewed up games the console had been moved very quickly and generally accentuated by a loud :thud: while still running. It's a brutal machine when you cross it, but for the most part it'll do your biding if you keep it sweet.

I don't even wanna play DVDs in the fucking thing just in case. It's sat in the same spot since I got it. Never dropped it, knocked it over in a drunken state, tried to fit my dick into the HD port so I could see what it feels like to fuck in 1280 × 720 (I have no idea what this means). Motherfucking thing just keeps scratching my shit up.

What's worse is yesterday was my last day of work for 2 weeks and I was looking forward to kicking back with some beers and playing to my hearts content but this shit threw a spanner in the works.

But...but Lego Star Wars...that was a free 1000 points had I been able to get the thing to get past the loading screen...

It also has no beef with the Live Arcade disc.

Also, did I mention that Hexic completly disappeared and I can't even buy it from the marketplace? I called tech support and they said they could get me it for free alls I had to do was d/l it from the marketplace...but it isn't there. The fuck?

Well... Yeah. It comes pre-installed on the harddrive so it'd make sense if it doesn't appear in the marketplace, and leaves people like you proper-fucked, as well as anyone buys the Elite, since apparently it's sure-fire method of tranferring data means you have to re-download any content you've already payed for in the marketplace, and Hexic's just gonna drop off the face of the earth.

In other news, the MUA villian pack is good to go & on the market place, I haven't replaced my copy of Ultimate Alliance yet though, 'cause i see MUA Gold Edition is coming, pre-loaded with the additional heroes & villians. Fingers crossed this hits my shores sometime before Xmas.

Have you played 07? it's way better than the previous ones, it got really good ratings too.

It's like pro evo except it has the real player and team names and a proper season, as in league, f.a. cup and champions league. It always amazed that that they never just put in nameless cup competitions with the same structure as the f.a. cup and the champions league.

Edited by alive she cried

the 07 on the xbox is actually very good, its the new fifa engine, im just kinda pissed it doesnt have any of the lower leagues.... its not that great on the ps2 however, i found it very buggy when i tried to do first touch control et al....

im a pro evo guy, i just dislike the fact you can hardly ever first time shoot....

anyone else ever realise 3 stars is more difficult than 6 stars?