Hondo's Bar

Sequels We WANT

What long-rumored, long-delayed, long shot sequel (or prequel) do you really want to see most?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smith insists that the Askewniverse was closed with Clerks 2 so there is no planned Clerks 3 - but I concede that we've heard that before. Also, there hasn't been any news on Clerks: Sell Out, the direct to dvd animated movie, either. I assume that project is dead.

Beverly Hills Cop 4 will probably not happen, but a remake is rumored to be in production.

According to imdb.com, Beverly Hills Cop IV is slated for a possible 2009 release. More information is only available if you're a member of IMDBPro, but I did read elsewhere that Eddie Murphy was "in talks" to reprise his role as Axel Foley for this one.

The Chronicles of Riddick 2 has not seen any activity that I know of, though director David Twohy only has one new project on his plate and Vin Diesel has always been keen on reprising the character. Another Riddick videogame is being developed for next gen systems. If it sells well, perhaps the project will gain some momentum.

I dunno about Chronicles of Riddick II, but there was a prequel movie called Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury which came out in 2004, andsupposedly takes place between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick.

Yeah, it was a direct-to-dvd anime flick that came out in time with the film and the xbox game (which was really good, by the way). But that's a different thing. The Chronicles of Riddick was originally meant to be the first part of a Lord of the Rings-style epic trilogy. It's never really been confirmed whether creator/writer/director David Twohy condensed the three stories into one film (which could account for some of the story problems the flick had) or whether there are still two more films left to tell.

According to imdb.com, Beverly Hills Cop IV is slated for a possible 2009 release. More information is only available if you're a member of IMDBPro, but I did read elsewhere that Eddie Murphy was "in talks" to reprise his role as Axel Foley for this one.

I dunno about Chronicles of Riddick II, but there was a prequel movie called Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury which came out in 2004, andsupposedly takes place between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick.

Much like Mel Gibson and Mad Max, Murphy NEEDS another Beverly Hills Cop movie and it's not like Judge Reinhold has done anything productive in the last 10 years.

As for Riddick, Chronicles of Riddick was okay but it was too much of a departure from Pitch Black. It would be like seeing Ripley in The Matrix. You just go :blink:

Toy Story 3 was taken away from Disney's low-budget sequel division when John Lasseter took over Disney animation. The project has been brought back into the Pixar fold and is slated for a 2010 release...in 3D.

What a sec, I know it was going to get the cheap treatment, but it was actual GOING to be not in 3-D?

I have a pipe dream, and that dream is called Every Which Way You Can (AKA Every Which Way But Loose 3) but Clint Eastwood is 1) Too old, 2) Too frail, and 3) Too pretentious to ever return to my favorite bare knuckle brawler and his love-able Chimpanzee side-kick.

Also I think Granny's dead.

Yes...3D is fairly pricey and they certainly wouldn't spend the cash on a direct-to-dvd sequel.

Yeah, but you can do 3-D cheap. I mean, have you ever seen the Jimmy Neutron tv show? It's got maybe a 1/10 the detail that the movie had (I'm basing this off seeing only the trailer to the movie and watching a few minutes of the show before Avatar comes on), and if you already have all the character models, would it really be cheaper that much cheaper than 2-D?

Not cg, 3D - like Beowulf or the recent U2 concert film. Started with Up next year, most if not all of Pixar's films will be offered in 3D, including Toy Story 3. They're also planning to release the first two Toy Story flicks in 3D as well.

Not cg, 3D - like Beowulf or the recent U2 concert film. Started with Up next year, most if not all of Pixar's films will also be offered in 3D, including Toy Story 3. They're also planning to release the first two Toy Story flicks in 3D as well.

sweet. then I'll have a total of four versions...

I could see a fifth element sequel.

Tarantino had a Pulp Fiction/Resevoir Dogs prequel planned for years. It was called The Vega Brothers and would have starred John Travolta and Michael Madsen. Sadly, the project never came to fruition and it's dead in the water now that the principles are 15 years too old to play the roles.

I want to see a sequel to;

The Fith Element

the Velvet Goldmine

Pulp Fiction

Didn't Fifth Element do rather poorly at the box office? I saw it and thought it was a pretty cheesy movie, so I SERIOUSLY doubt there will ever be a sequel, unless it went straight to DVD.

I have a pipe dream, and that dream is called Every Which Way You Can (AKA Every Which Way But Loose 3) but Clint Eastwood is 1) Too old, 2) Too frail, and 3) Too pretentious to ever return to my favorite bare knuckle brawler and his love-able Chimpanzee side-kick.

With a sudden revival in interest for Westerns thanks to great movies like 3:10 to Yuma, I'd love to see Clint Eastwood take one last ride on the Western train. I know he's very old, but he could be the older experienced gunman from back in the day (kinda like his William Munny character in Unforgiven) teaching the new young guns how to handle their stuff, and DEFINITELY he should at least consider directing one more Western for sure. I LOVED The Outlaw Josey Whales and Unforgiven, both were directed by Clint himself.

Every Which Way But Loose wasn't a western, it was just a classic 70s movie along the lines of Smokey and White Lightning, it was about an unlicensed bareknuckle boxer named Philo Beddoe and his exploits across the country to chase down a woman he had a pet orangutan named Clyde and he ran afoul of 2 highway patrolmen, a group of incompetent white supremacist outlaw bikers, and a vengeful boyfriend along the way. It was kinda like Roadhouse, only not retarded.

I kinda think Unforgiven wrapped up everything Clint had left to say about Westerns.

love clint's westerns (good call, acal) but i highly second this statement.

Every Which Way But Loose is one of the finer monkey films out there, much like Paint your Wagon is one of the very few musicals i sat through. anyway, looks like indy won this poll, eh?

love clint's westerns (good call, acal) but i highly second this statement.

Every Which Way But Loose is one of the finer monkey films out there, much like Paint your Wagon is one of the very few musicals i sat through. anyway, looks like indy won this poll, eh?

Eh, it had a monkey and that's one of peoples' selling points in both it and the sequel but it did what everything else didn't. It had the monkey as a secondary character, he was a fun character but he didn't play a very big part in the movie, even in the sequel when he got a more prominent role it was still as a more background character.

Archived